news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 06-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #811
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

5 fingers of death is a classic basher...thundering mantis is pretty cool too if u like Leung Kar Yan.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 AM   #812
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

Yo I just watched Kid With The Golden Arms that shit was good as hell. I don't watch many old kung fu movies, but out of the ones I've seen this one had the best fight scenes. Definitely some very impressive and talented fighting going on in this flick. The story was pretty good too. Now I know where 100proof got his sig from. I don't get why it was named after Golden Arms instead of Hai Tou; it was more about him. He was definitely a gangsta character. Overall, dope movie! I agree with your 5.5 rating.

I'm leaving for China this Saturday and I'll stay there for two weeks. More information on it in General Chat tomorrow, but it should be a great trip. I'm going to the Shaolin Temples too! I'll take pictures for ya'll. Peace.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Last edited by MaShPG; 06-22-2006 at 12:34 AM.
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 12:45 AM   #813
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

It's been so long since I've seen a kung fu flick. I think the last one I saw was 5 Deadly Venoms like 3 years ago.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #814
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

hey bob99digi/100proof, i watched Bullet in the Head last night.

Bullet in the Head = John Woo's best all around movie. Tony Leung and Simon Yam are cool as ice in this one...some sick gunplay and even a bit of basic MA too. story is really engaging about 3 friends who got dreams of makin it rich...until greed consumes one of them. wont give it away. direction is super slick as expected from woo..hardboiled has better action, but the acting, story, etc are all a step above. 5.5 for sure.

100proof, when i get a copy of it burned i'll msg u for ur address.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:37 AM   #815
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent

Bullet in the Head = John Woo's best all around movie. Tony Leung and Simon Yam are cool as ice in this one...some sick gunplay and even a bit of basic MA too. story is really engaging about 3 friends who got dreams of makin it rich...until greed consumes one of them. wont give it away. direction is super slick as expected from woo..hardboiled has better action, but the acting, story, etc are all a step above. 5.5 for sure.

dammit, i was hoping you would say its garbage so I wouldn't be mad that I don't have the movie, lol.

Hard Boiled still my fav Woo flick. The killer is my movie too, like it a lot. I haven't even seen any of the better tomorrows though, which is strange due to all the movies i've watched and seen.

Have you seen "City on Fire"? John Woo joint. I think you said you did?

Once a Thief - damn i recently (6 months ago) bought this and watched it. I can't really even remember it right now, but my impression left in my head is that it was ok, not my favorite Woo flick, but not bad either, more like an average Woo flick. I'll throw it in and jog my memory.
bob99digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #816
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

Any of y'all watched the "Swordsman" movies??? There's three of'm.
First one stars Jackie Cheung, second jet Li and Brigitte Lin, third Brigitte Lin and Eddy Ko.

Sick ass trilogy, great swordplay, and funny aswell.
The third wasn't funny no more tho.

And...to be honest I liked the second one the most (and normally I don't like sequels that much), but Swordsman II is just...great.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #817
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

nice ..i cant wait

haha

thanks
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #818
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington
Any of y'all watched the "Swordsman" movies??? There's three of'm.
First one stars Jackie Cheung, second jet Li and Brigitte Lin, third Brigitte Lin and Eddy Ko.

Sick ass trilogy, great swordplay, and funny aswell.
The third wasn't funny no more tho.

And...to be honest I liked the second one the most (and normally I don't like sequels that much), but Swordsman II is just...great.
i got the 2nd one its a ok flick
im a big jet fan so it was a ok flick cuz i like jt more in the real type fights like fist of legend

but i did give the swordsmen 2 a good # haha
just some parts u can see the strings holden him up at the end
Old 06-22-2006, 03:35 PM   #819
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

"Have you seen "City on Fire"? John Woo joint. I think you said you did?"

City on Fire = not a John Woo flick. its directed by Ringo Lam. if u like Reservoir Dogs (Tarantino) you'll like this film. Chow Yun Fat is cool as always.

"Any of y'all watched the "Swordsman" movies???"

ive only seen the 2nd one...like 100proof im a huge Jet fan so it really swayed my opinion of it, but i swordplay flix really arent my style. not a film i would watch twice. its ok tho. but great if ur a swordplay/wuxia fan.

yeah i was very impressed with bullet in the head, all john woo fans owe it to themselves to see it. hardboiled is still my fav john woo film tho.
hey bob99digi, if u want a dvdr copy of Bullet In The Head too, just let me know.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #820
MaShPG
MASTER deBATER

MaShPG grasshopper

my trip to China: http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21450

My trip to Shaolin:

DAY 11 (Luoyang/Shaolin)
Drive to Dengfeng, a small town near the gates of Shaolin Temple. Spend most of the day at Shaolin Temple. This is the place where Buddhists first developed the martial arts known to many as 'kungfu' and from which exercises known as 'taijichuan' were derived.

WHAT'S GOING ON?
MaShPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #821
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Quote:
hey bob99digi, if u want a dvdr copy of Bullet In The Head too, just let me know.
yea i think i might take you up on that offer. I guess just let me know after you get it copied to dvdr.

City on fire - lol, sometimes i can't remember if a movie is chow yun fat, John woo, or both.

I need to go pick up "a better tomorrow".
bob99digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #822
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

no doubt. u wanna make it a trade? dont kno if u can copy dvdrs where ur at...but if u can i'll pick somethin off ur list and trade...if thats cool wit u..
Old 06-23-2006, 11:36 AM   #823
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100pr00f
i got the 2nd one its a ok flick
im a big jet fan so it was a ok flick cuz i like jt more in the real type fights like fist of legend

but i did give the swordsmen 2 a good # haha
just some parts u can see the strings holden him up at the end
Yeah me 2, I'm feelin' the real animal style based kung fu movies.
Jet's dope, not my favorite tho, Sammo Hung's my kinda guy and Jackie Chan

But I just love Brigitte Lin, one of the main reasons I copped this trilogy AND Jackie Cheung ofcourse funny lil' dude

"Swordsman III" isn't really a swordplay movie no, but it's quite allright tho, good sequel to swordsman II.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:25 PM   #824
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

anyone seen iron monkey (not the old skool one)?

its good.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #825
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

the donnie yen one...yes ,..pretty dope