news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #931
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

sounds like a gordon lui film
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:09 PM   #932
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

5 shaolin masters - 4/5
nice cast, good fight scenes, bit of a simple story but that dont matter
it was interesting to see what happened to those guys after the temple burned down
overall worth seeing, but nothing special, not as good as death chamber aka shaolin temple which i gave a 5

but yeh this kung fu addiction is burnin a lotta money and space lol
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:53 AM   #933
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper
Default hmm

"What the movie called where the chinese guy who does kung has to fight a judo guy, he fights chinese spear vs. japanese spear, Butterfly swords vs Sai and at the end he has to fight the ninja."

the film ur talkin about is Heroes of the East aka Shaolin Challenges Ninja. Starring Gordon Liu and Yasuaki Kurata, directed by Lau Kar Leung. classic film, easily one of my alltime fav SB films.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #934
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^gordon lius worst film lol
Old 07-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #935
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

^^^^^^ur on crack homie lol

on the real, i still think thats Lau Kar Leung/gordon liu's best all around film. i love those "martial way" films, especially Lau Kar Leung's.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #936
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

^^^honestly these were easy better than shaolin challenges ninja:
36 chambers of shaolin
shaolin & wu tang
8 diagram pole fighter
dirty ho
fist of the white lotus
executioners from shaolin
some that i forgot prolly
even 4 assassins and 5 shaolin masters which hes not in for long are better
any new recomendations?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:52 AM   #937
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

no way..as an all around film, Heroes of the East is gordon's best. a really good plot, great fights, japanese fighting, martial honour...guess i may be alone in this, but i love this film. dirty ho and martial club are also up there..
Old 07-29-2006, 02:30 PM   #938
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

naw i love this flick to ..the whole story were he and his wife hate cuz of thier differnces..and the fights were he fights all them cats from differnt level of skill ..is nice
Old 07-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #939
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

yeah i like the film, im just sayin with all the classics liu has, i dont see how elaquent can rate it higher than 36 chambers of shaolin for example

ive ordered 'enter the dragon' now
my favorite lee joint is 'chinese connection', how does this compare?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:15 PM   #940
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

Fist of Fury aka Chinese Connection is easily IMO, Bruce Lee's best all around movie. good plot and acting, great fights. Enter the Dragon is a very overrated film IMO. there are 2 really good fights to look forward to in the film...the finale sux, and the pacing is slowww..plot is full of loopholes, i just dont enjoy that movie. Fist of Fury is my fav, and 2nd place is a toss up between Big Boss and Way of the Dragon..i think im leaning towards Big Boss...but i love both films. Game of Death is entertaining...to say the least..

i rate Heroes of the East higher than 36 chambers for many reasons. at its heart, 36th Chamber is just like every other Manchu/Qing Dynasty film out there...: hero is oppressed by manchus...learnes kung fu from shaolin..comes back and gets his revenge. the only difference between 36th and the other films is that the fights take a back seat to the training. having that sed, 36th is still a great film...but heroes of the east had a much more interesting story, better fights, more fights, while retaining that martial way theme that i love. its a mad educational film too...i learned a lot about chinese and japanese martial arts. to me, 36th chamber is a 5.5...just cuz its essential viewing...but my real rating of the film is a 4..maybe 4.5. heroes is a definete 5.5 from me. but thats just me.

review:
rewatched Rebellious Reign very recently, this flick is a hidden gem for sure. the fight choreography is absolutely sublime, but this is a more story driven film. word is, that the film was actually intended for Bruce Lee to star in, but when he died, they shelved the film...but they made it anyways in 1980 with Lung Fong instead of Bruce. dont get the wrong idea, no bruceploitation there, lung fong doesnt try to be like bruce. defientely the most political kf film ive seen...it takes the ming/qing storyline and takes it a lot deeper. great all around film. 4.5 for me for sure.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:50 PM   #941
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

i thought 36 chambers had real emotional weight to it, liu chia hui is really a very gifted actor as well as a martial artist
that film is classic to me
heroes of the east is great though, i might have to watch it again to fully appreciate it, the fights were really at the forefront in it, where 36 chambers is more about the atmosphere and acting

never seen game of death, i said i seen all his shit, but i kind of ignored that one, it was made 5 years after he died, i thought it sounded a bit dodgy
but you say its the least of his films right?
Old 07-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #942
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

"i thought 36 chambers had real emotional weight to it, liu chia hui is really a very gifted actor as well as a martial artist
that film is classic to me
heroes of the east is great though, i might have to watch it again to fully appreciate it, the fights were really at the forefront in it, where 36 chambers is more about the atmosphere and acting"

i agree, 36th was emotionally driven, and is definetely a classic. Heroes of the east was more story driven..well the first half at least. the action def took the backseat till about 3/4 thru. but i was more interested in the plot and the development of gordon liu and his wife's characters moreso than the action, which is VERY VERY rare in an oldskool kf flick! that flick will always stay close to me. but i respect ur opinion, im not belittling 36th in any way.

"never seen game of death, i said i seen all his shit, but i kind of ignored that one, it was made 5 years after he died, i thought it sounded a bit dodgy
but you say its the least of his films right?"

well, depending on how u approach the film, it can be one of bruce's best films..or his worst. best due to the amazing finale that contains real bruce footage. the rest of the filim was shot with a double and bruce lee inserts from other bruce movies. in one scene, they even cut out his face and paste it on the double's! get Warriors Journey instead.
Old 07-31-2006, 07:06 AM   #943
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

haha yea that was funny when they pasted is face over that ..lol
u ca easly tell..but its a ok film fights are good
just to bad he didnt finish the film
it was his own creation
Old 07-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #944
bob99digi

bob99digi grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent
review:
rewatched Rebellious Reign very recently, this flick is a hidden gem for sure. the fight choreography is absolutely sublime, but this is a more story driven film. word is, that the film was actually intended for Bruce Lee to star in, but when he died, they shelved the film...but they made it anyways in 1980 with Lung Fong instead of Bruce. dont get the wrong idea, no bruceploitation there, lung fong doesnt try to be like bruce. defientely the most political kf film ive seen...it takes the ming/qing storyline and takes it a lot deeper. great all around film. 4.5 for me for sure.
Really, i've always liked this movie, it was actually one of the first few that I got for some strange reason. I never really hear anyone saying they liked this movie much, not a real popular one I guess.

Heroes - always been one of my fav. Gordon Liu flicks. I like seeing the full repertoire of skills he displayed during this movie.
bob99digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:26 PM   #945
ShaDynasty
Balance at all costs

elaquent recomend me some shaw bros please
im on ebay lookin...