news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-26-2006, 07:25 PM   #1006
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent View Post
update:

just watched Tiger Over Wall, starring Philip Ko and Hwang Jang Lee

this movie was better than i thought. it was put together by the same producers who put together Two on the Road (aka Fearless Dragons), and i was real impressed. the story is about a man who agrees to take the blame for a crime he didnt commit, just to get doublecrossed...yadda yadda yadda..insert revenge motif here. overall the story is entertaining enuff. better than avg i'd say. the fight choreography is really tight, Philip Ko is on fire in this one...hes got great technique and hes real fast. the endfight vs hwang jang lee is awesome, as expected. very good fights, and a solid story equates to a good flick. i give this one a 4.2.

up next: Angry Ranger, starring Ben Lam..a modern flick (around 87 or so i think), which features fight choreography by Jackie Chan's stunt team (no jackie appearance tho)
that sounds pretty good, never heard of it, when was it made? shaw brothers?
i mite have to check it out
was watchin kid with the golden arms last night, it gets better each time i watch it, i might have to cop the full length version, i hear theres about 30 mins missing on my version
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #1007
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

"that sounds pretty good, never heard of it, when was it made? shaw brothers?
i mite have to check it out
was watchin kid with the golden arms last night, it gets better each time i watch it, i might have to cop the full length version, i hear theres about 30 mins missing on my version"

not sure the exact date of Tiger Over Wall...but just judging by the fight choreography and its similarities to Fearless Dragon, i would guess it was made at around 1981 or so. thats just a guess tho. and no, its not a Shaw Brothers flick, its independent. u can get this flick along with Goose Boxer, on a double-feature Ground Zero dvd.

Kid with the Golden Arms is the truth..im glad ur likin it more and more...and yeah, im guessing u have the same Ground Zero dvd that i have..which is only like 71 minutes long. theres at least 20 or 25 minutes cut off of that version. theres a copy in circulation which retains most of the cut 20 minutes, but instead, they cut out much of the violence. guess we'll have to wait until Celestial puts it out...which may be a while.
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:31 PM   #1008
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yo i watched 5 fingers of death today
that shit is dope, im not gonna review it, but its fuckin dope, fights are surprisingly good (lol @ red paint lookin blood tho), strong characters and everything
hey elaquent are theyre any other fu flicks i shud know about where lo lieh is a good guy? he played the role quite well
Old 08-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #1009
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

hmmm...i would have to do some research on that one...i'll get back to u on that point...personally 5 Fingers of Death aka King Boxer is the only hero role ive ever seen Lo Lieh play. im kinda surprised he didnt try more heroic roles either, i thought he did a great job...then again, hes a great villain in everything hes in too. 5 fingers of death is definetely a classic. i dont think he did many hero roles..hes been a typecast villain for the majority of his career.
Old 08-27-2006, 08:11 PM   #1010
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

Quote:
hmmm...i would have to do some research on that one...i'll get back to u on that point...personally 5 Fingers of Death aka King Boxer is the only hero role ive ever seen Lo Lieh play. im kinda surprised he didnt try more heroic roles either, i thought he did a great job...then again, hes a great villain in everything hes in too. 5 fingers of death is definetely a classic. i dont think he did many hero roles..hes been a typecast villain for the majority of his career.
okay duke, fist of the white lotus and executiners of shaolin are great films, but after seeing that i wanted somethin else. that film was supposed to be quite a success so im surprised too, and its too late for me to be trawlin thru imdb to find out what other shit hes done, whatever it is ill be happy to find out.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:02 PM   #1011
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Grongle Send a message via MSN to Grongle

Watching Fist of legend now on UKTV
Old 08-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #1012
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Granger View Post
Watching Fist of legend now on UKTV
haha, yeh i saw that that was on, i believe its a remake of bruce lees chinese connection, which is a dope film, i didnt watch it cos i had to bump 421 for the first time
Old 08-29-2006, 06:34 PM   #1013
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

fist of legend with jet is my fav movie from jet a def must have
100pr00f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:12 PM   #1014
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

fist of legend is definetely a classic, and arguably jet's best movie, period.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:36 PM   #1015
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

Elaquent is correct. Jet Li's best and a true classic.

Madness! Combustion! Liberty and the end of all law! The invisible international! The toast is anarchy!
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:20 AM   #1016
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper

Quote:
fist of legend is definetely a classic, and arguably jet's best movie, period.
Wow what a film, that was classic! i gota get that
Old 08-30-2006, 05:21 AM   #1017
Grongle
Young Granger

Grongle grasshopper

And its jet li week on uktv so there is a jet li film on evry night
Old 08-30-2006, 08:14 AM   #1018
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Jet Set

Is Lady Iron Monkey in someway connected with samples of Wu? Or is it just a random movie?
Old 08-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #1019
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
Is Lady Iron Monkey in someway connected with samples of Wu? Or is it just a random movie?
its sampled on 'hellz wind staff'
Old 08-30-2006, 02:12 PM   #1020
Jet Set
VogeltjesDansBende lid

Jet Set crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Jet Set

I knew it. The name was just too familiar to me to be passed on as just another movie. If I recognize a name, there's a story behind that title.

Okay, so what's the sample we are talking about?