news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 11-23-2006, 06:31 PM   #1126
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

www.hkflix.com
Elaquent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 07:23 AM   #1127
Alcryt
the wucorp lurker

Alcryt shaolin monk

Cheers!!

Alcryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 09:22 AM   #1128
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Five Venoms is ill
Old 11-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #1129
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaquent View Post

that were i have been getting all my shit as of late..u can get the real shit thier

peace
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #1130
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

yeah hkflix has a great catalog of movies. some of them are a lil pricey, but generally, i find prices to be fair, and service quite good. and they get a lot of stuff that other places dont have...in all available regioins too.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:52 PM   #1131
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

review: Duel to the Death

wuxia really aint my thing but i gave this film a chance. its a very good film...IF its ur style. i liked the movie, but its not a movie i can see myself watching again. the story was very good, and didnt rely overly on romance and fantasy like other wuxia flix. i really liked the emphasis on honour from Tsui Siu Keung (the japanese guy's), and damian lau's characters. the sideplots to the upcoming duel were interesting too. what was also interesting was the inclusion of Casanova Wong and his irrelevance to the film aside from providing a really good fight midway thru. seems at the time thats all he was getting out of Golden Harvest..a token fight lol..no complaints, i still liked his fight.

the fights were a mixed bag to me...a few of the fights were really good, such as the first hand to hand fight, and tsui siu keung's first fight with his master, and the swordfight between damian lau and that girl (in typical Ching Siu Tung fashion i might add), but other fights just didnt do it for me with the super-fast editing and wirework (which is rare in oldskool flix) in other fights. some of it is really bloody, but some of the editing is way too fast, especially the finale. granted, theres really no way else it couldve been done, but it was straining my eyes. ovreall it was pretty good, but didnt hit me with lasting appeal.

solid flick, i'd give it a 4 as a film..but since wuxia flix dont quite do it for me, i'm droppin to a 3.5 personally. definetely one of the better/best wuxia flix ive seen, but i personally would never watch it again.

getting these flix in the mail real soon, any reviews?:

Kung Fu Instructor (ti lung)
Crystal Fist/Jade Claw (Blily Chong)
Pantyhose Hero (Sammo Hung)
Skinny Tiger Fatty Dragon (Sammo Hung)
The Tournament (Angela Mao)
Tiger Cage 1 (Yuen Woo Ping)
Old 11-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #1132
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

^^^kung fu instrustor is dope, great story, action and atmosphere to that flick

just watched 'Iron Fisted Monk'
alright flick, better than average fight scenes, but an awkward plot with an intro that didnt really introduce the characters properly
3.5/5
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 10:02 PM   #1133
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

i liked iron fisted monk a lot. it was Sammo's first film, and i really didnt have any problem with it, aside from the uneven-ness...itll go from a brutal rape scene to a comedy scene with little transition. otherwise, the story was cliche, but entertaining, and the fights were way above average (for 1977). id give it a 4
Old 11-24-2006, 10:12 PM   #1134
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i gave iron fisted monks a higher ratting prolly cuz i saw tits haha

kung fu instructore...heard it was good..i need to cop it siin also skinny tiger faty dragon

heard it was just ok....but u tell us what u think of it ...if its worth having in my collection

peace
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:32 AM   #1135
ShaDynasty

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

watched 'the odd couple'
decent flick id give it a 4/5, again the martial arts and locations were great to watch but it was let down by the story about 2 kung fu masters pitting their students against each other
worth seeing
Old 11-25-2006, 11:05 AM   #1136
Elaquent
Buddha Assassinator

Elaquent grasshopper

i liked odd couple a lot. my ONLY gripes with that film were 2 things: the RIDICULOUS undercranking (speeding up) of some of the fight scenes, and the god awful comedy. otherwise, everything else was very interesting and entertaining. dont remember what i gave it b4, either a 4 or 4.5
Old 11-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #1137
ShaDynasty

yeah i remember the speeding up, i was actually watching it while i was puffing trees and for a while i thought it wasnt sped up and the trees was messing with my head
Old 11-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #1138
Kong
Veteran Member

Kong drunken mastaKong drunken mastaKong drunken masta

someone needs to do a martial arts torrent site. I think we got a couple magnet links martial arts movies on raplevel. I'll add more if people intrested.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #1139
TheMostBeautifullest
jus like dat I get in ya

TheMostBeautifullest grasshopper

here is my collection

the prodigal son 5.5
iron monkey 5.0
disciple of shaolin master 3.0
south shaolin master 4.0
master killer 5.5
return of the master killer 5.0
iron fisted monk 4.0
shaolin and wu tang 4.0
the blade 4.5
warriors two 5.0
fist of legend 5.5
ong-bak 4.0
crouching tiger hidden dragon 4.0
come drink with me 5.0
enter the invincible hero 3.5
samurai 1 Musashi Miyamoto 5.0
lady snowblood 5.5
kid with the golden arms 5.0
mad monkey kung fu 5.0
shaolin Vs lama 5.5
lion Vs lion 5.0
ten tigers of kwantung 5.0
the five deadly venoms 5.5

www.kungfucinema.com this site is good for reviews i agree with most of there reviews so it is a good site to find some more classic kung fu flicks to add to your collection.
TheMostBeautifullest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:37 PM   #1140
RAMESH
penalty boxed user

RAMESH shaolin monk

i'm glad to see that alot of you enjoy kung fu movies
RAMESH is offline   Reply With Quote