news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 05-27-2007, 12:19 PM   #31
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
not true^^^ (about the running out of ideas thing)
yeah it depends like Jimi Hendrix was not lacking ideas but GNR yeah
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #32
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

Monster Magnet - Into the Void (Black Sabbath)
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #33
murkoutz
bowties are cool

murkoutz shaolin monk

hurt-johnny cash (nine inch nails)
across the universe-fiona apple (the beatles)
crazy in love-snow patrol (beyonce)
baby got back-richard cheese (sir mix-a-lot)
dancing with myself-the donnas (billy idol)

Last edited by murkoutz; 05-27-2007 at 01:17 PM.
murkoutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #34
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwu View Post
The Smiths were alright who is quicksand crass? most covers are shit I like The Fugees Killing Em Softly but covering songs is mostly when people run out of ideas, The Spagetti Incident was so lame I cried
Quicksand was band that the guitarist from Gorilla Biscuits started after GB broke up. A lot of people look to them as one of the original "post-hardcore" bands. Here, I'll upload an original Quicksand song, and their cover of How Soon is Now

HOW SOON IS NOW (smiths cover)
Code:
http://download.yousendit.com/56C28DA648C62098
OMISSION
Code:
http://download.yousendit.com/18AFFCDC2C88D0B2
I think the Smiths cover is amazing. The original "How Soon is Now" is great but Quicksand strips it down to the core.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:49 PM   #35
tobacojones

tobacojones grasshopper

Wow what year was this smiths cover? Sounds like the grunge bands got some ideas from these guys.

Rage version sucks cause of the lyrics???? They only do the first verse!
tobacojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #36
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Black-Staind(Pearl Jam)

All the covers Nirvana did on Unplugged from the MEat Puppets songs.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:05 AM   #37
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Some I listened to last two days:

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe [Billy Roberts]
The Animals - The House of the Rising Sun [author unknown]
Isaac Hayes - Walk On By [Dionne Warwick]
Soft Cell - Tainted Love [Gloria Jones]
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #38
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

wait...the [ ] ones up there are the originals?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #39
cubis

cubis grasshopper

marylin manson's cover of sweet dreams was nice, i like it better than the eurythmics version.

ryan adam's cover of wonderwall (oasis) is really good, he made it his own song pretty much.

i actually don't like the iron & wine cover of such great heights - too damn slooooooooooooow

Last edited by cubis; 05-28-2007 at 11:55 AM.
cubis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:29 PM   #40
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
wait...the [ ] ones up there are the originals?
Yeah. Surprising, ain't it?
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:09 AM   #41
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

marilyn manson also covered johnny mandel's "suicide is painless", i much prefer johnny mandel's version - and for those that don't know, johnny mandel's "suicide is painless" was the M*A*S*H theme song - the movie had the lyrics, and tv series just had the riff, excellent song imo, cover not so excellent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:04 PM   #42
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

RATM - Microphone Fiend (Erib B & Rakim)

my favourite rakim track, and i think ratm did it justice.

ben folds does alot of covers during his live shows etc, he did one of "Bitches Aint Shit" which was interesting.

but i liked his version of "Such Great Heights" by The Postal Service, dunno why really, not into the band or anything.

here the track is, on an australian radio station:

percussion is being played using a glass, chop sticks, postal tube and some other shit.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:40 PM   #43
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

oh yeah.

Ben Folds Five did "Vaseline" by the Flaming Lips. It was pretty good. I heard it live and then I found it on a compilation disc called Loungapalooza.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #44
Frontal Lobotomy
Bonesetter

Frontal Lobotomy grasshopper

Less Than Jake - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) [Proclaimers]
http://www.zshare.net/audio/2093556a86e0c1/

Not my favourite cover, but a very good one.

Chicks dig giant robots
Frontal Lobotomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 10:49 PM   #45
Art Vandelay
Importer/Exporter

Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Art Vandelay Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Live and Let Die - Guns & Roses (Wings)
Rapper's Delight - Def Squad (Sugar Hill Gang)
La Di Dadi - Snoop Dog (Slick Rick)
Lake of Fire - Nirvana (Meat Puppets)
Shame on a Nigga- System of a Down (Wu-Tang)
Smooth Criminal -Alien Ant Farm (Michael Jackson)
Walk This Way -Run DMC (Aerosmith)
Come Together - Aerosmith (The Beatles)

the entire Led Zeppelin I album...the whole thing was ripped off from other artists
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote