news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 05-28-2007, 02:12 AM   #1
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default RZA Production Errors??

Has anyone else noticed a couple errors on some WU songs? For example, on the song "Soul Power" from Iron Flag the beat just sounds off-key. The drums in the background skip a beat, as if RZA goofed up. Not that every song has to flow smoothly, but you can tell there was some kind of error done in the cuts of the samples. It's obvious it was not intentional. It happens over and over again.

This same situation happens on the song called "Run For Cover" from the Blackout! album by Red & Mef. After the guitar riff and the drum rolls, the beat starts back up again but it begins late. As if the beat was accidently synchronized wrong. It sounds like a rough draft, as if it wasnt finished properly.

You may all be saying "STFU, thats just how it is..." But for a producer like RZA, he should know better than to be making elementary mistakes like that. They kinda ruin the songs for me. Anyone know any other examples of this?

(***w***)(***u***)
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:18 AM   #2
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

Yeah, on "Soul Power," the first snare comes in like a step late. Tt does sound pretty shitty actually. And you're right about the Run For Cover beat too.

Last edited by crass; 05-28-2007 at 02:20 AM.
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:37 AM   #3
Bloo
Da Main Gatdamit!!!

Bloo drunken mastaBloo drunken mastaBloo drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Bloo

I always thought that it was intentional.

So, yeah. STFU, that's just how it is...
Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i just think "Run 4 Cover" is a bad beat.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 03:48 AM   #5
TGambino
Veteran Member

TGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkey

the one u mentioned on Run 4 Cover is intentional

and Soul Power is just whack
TGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:21 AM   #6
irish ins
SHAOLIN STUDENT

irish ins shaolin monk

run for cover is a banger
irish ins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 04:23 AM   #7
zooruka

zooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkeyzooruka iron monkey

I can only reply to this thread by sayin

&th chamber pt 2. ( starts noding to the sounds of do... do... do do ,doooooooooo )

Last edited by zooruka; 05-28-2007 at 04:33 AM.
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:05 AM   #8
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crass View Post
And you're right about the Run For Cover beat too.
i dont hear any mistake on that track... the drums, bass, guitar sample fits nicely...
Old 05-28-2007, 08:18 AM   #9
The Prime Sithesizah
Pioneer Of Cerebral Music

The Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of furyThe Prime Sithesizah fist of fury

on ANY album.. that's RZA for you, he places delays in certain instrument parts... thats what makes it come out sooo ill.. check tha Ice Cream beat.. check tha Man Woman and Child remix beat, those have that sound process in them ..
Old 05-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #10
TDeane23
Since day 1

TDeane23 shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to TDeane23

I don't remember where I read or heard this, but in an interview back in the day RZA said he'll purposely put a mistake in his beats. So everytime I hear a beat like that I figure he did it for a reason.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 AM   #11
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

^^yeah, that's true...
and on run 4 cover sometimes snare drops to soon, but it all comes to its place on the next pattern... and that track is classic...
Old 05-28-2007, 09:31 AM   #12
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What about that drumbeat without anything on OB4CL, on "Knowledge God"? Was that intentional or a mistake?

BTW I always thought RZA makes mistakes intentionally, like Tarantino on the moovies. Look carefully @ Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill and you'll see he made intentionally shitloads of goofs.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:50 AM   #13
brooklyndodger
Veteran Member

brooklyndodger grasshopper

what it's called is "keepn it raw" rza said this from day one about his shit!!! it doesn't have to be prefect. if you one fo those "mountain climber" sound nerds you wouldn't understand the raw consept! that raw natural shit is what hip-hip is in the pure form!! you think rza says these things for fun or to sound cool???

if you want somthing perfect and generic go listen to so called rock,pop,down south stripper music or r&b.
brooklyndodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #14
the silencer
king disguised as beggar.

the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)the silencer Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim T View Post
What about that drumbeat without anything on OB4CL, on "Knowledge God"? Was that intentional or a mistake?

BTW I always thought RZA makes mistakes intentionally, like Tarantino on the moovies. Look carefully @ Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill and you'll see he made intentionally shitloads of goofs.
not sayin i think ur wrong but can u point out some???

cuz i love both of those movies
Old 05-28-2007, 11:36 AM   #15
SaqurakiHanamichi
CLANSMAN

SaqurakiHanamichi shaolin monk

its not a mistake he does it on purpose...

Listen to obfcl when ur high ur gonna realize it.