news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 06-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #31
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

I know about Rise. It has fractals on the cover and it sounds like crap. Its got the sound of the quickness a lil but not really.

I thought that you were saying that he didnt sing on one record as in not a single one they did. I gotcha now.

EDIT _ I WAS SORTA WRONG
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:03 PM   #32
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Black Dots is soo cool....HR's voice is wild...yo...these guys are like 60 rite? g'damn!!!!!
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:17 PM   #33
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

here's the original version of rock for light.
if you haven't heard this mix you haven't heard the album.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9U3KZ5VB
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:35 PM   #34
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Man they fucking ruined that album by speeding it up like that. This sounds great. Its flawless. Thanks MemoryMan.

EDIT _ I almost forgot that on the Beastie Anthology , there is a song that has riot squad sampled.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:36 PM   #35
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yeah, the remixed version was a travesty. they took out all the bass (the driving force of the band) and sped it up to make it sound like speed metal. it was '91 and they were probably trying to cash in on the metallica thing. the weirdest part was that it was remixed by ric ocasek and daryll jenifer, the bass player, which means he buried his own playing in the mix! he's a well known metal fanatic though, so i guess that explains it (sort of.) unfortunately the reissue had bonus tracks that aren't on anything else. here they are, eq'd to bring up the bass and slowed to the correct pitch.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=160WMNHX
Old 06-07-2007, 09:57 PM   #36
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

Wow. You're the Mother Teresa of Bad Brains. Major props my good man.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #37
INF
Digital @fterLife

yeah ^ thanks
Old 06-08-2007, 02:22 PM   #38
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

memoryman rules
Old 06-09-2007, 03:08 AM   #39
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

here's the unreleased complete "youth are getting restless" concert from 3/28/87 at the paradiso in amsterdam:
part 1:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9581SJOK
part 2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZD8GXM7C

Old 06-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #40
INF
Digital @fterLife

Yes Memory Man RULES! I had no idea that chuck D ever liked Minor THreat. Wowwie Zowwie.

Memory MAn just paid his dues in this single thread here.
Old 06-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #41
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

after hearing this original mix, rock for light is in my top three b brains albums, along with black dots and s/t
Old 06-09-2007, 02:35 PM   #42
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

i saw bad brainz at slam city jam in vancity bc. 1994, siiiiiiiick
Old 06-10-2007, 02:50 PM   #43
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by "SiCkARoCkS" View Post
i saw bad brainz at slam city jam in vancity bc. 1994, siiiiiiiick
was that before hr came back?
Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #44
Punkistani

Punkistani grasshopper

Fuck, the album is down. Another link, perhaps?
Punkistani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 01:15 PM   #45
coughcool

coughcool grasshopper

you can find it if you do a blog search.

I like the music on the album but HR is fucking it up for me. I LOVE the production and the Bad Brains sound like they are bringing back some that old sound except.....HR. His vocals are completely out of place. Still, its a solid record in a weird way.

The Vinyl on this one looks crazy.
coughcool is offline   Reply With Quote