news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-26-2005, 12:42 AM   #31
Godess
Banned

Godess grasshopper
Default Re: what do you conisder real hip-hop

gone.
Godess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:46 AM   #32
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Matic
Yeah, Nas went through some pretty bad times but a lot of artists don't stay 100% real throughout their career.
it can still be real man...

Take RZA for example, he did grimey music at start, layed his foundation for them beats n everything, now hes doing diff music with artists like Pink, and overseas with R&B singers to say, his style changed, but thats always been there....now if a fan has a problem with it, its nothing RZA cant handle ya know...

Dr. Dre, he did ALL SORTS OF MUSIC,

and Nas is a real emcee, he knows what hes spittin, he doesnt lose himself in a way that'll effect him i dont think...he likes to spit about life, mental and spirtual adventures....and of couse your going to hear soem trial and tribulations in his music, its only human and natural...

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:48 AM   #33
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

What the fuck is wrong with you goddess? your like a fuckin pest, if you don't have anythin proper to say go. Do ya have an opinion on this or not or are ya just gonna be immature about this shit!

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:49 AM   #34
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Matic
Like, I think you gotta look at the beginning of their career and the places they've ended up, and see whether it was natural career progression or an musically-impure external influence.

Del, Kool Keith (crazy / so many concepts, Immortal Technique , Jeru the Damaja, De La Soul, Common (made that shitty electric circus album because he wanted to(!)), Redman (Not deep music but he doesn't try to do that), Sage Francis, MF Doom.

Gotta be at work in 4 hours... good night
an influence wont make u NOT real, well i dont think its a wrong, theres a lot of peopel on here that make music that has the Kung Fu excerpts and everything, they've been influenced by Wu-Tang, its what influences your abilitys to do what u think is cool, good, and entertaining, weather its a hobby or not, influences can change your life, depending how u take them......and it'll show in your music

Old 07-26-2005, 12:50 AM   #35
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
What the fuck is wrong with you goddess? your like a fuckin pest, if you don't have anythin proper to say go. Do ya have an opinion on this or not or are ya just gonna be immature about this shit!
no point in asking her your question, her appearence on how she acts and talks, behaves ect... has let us know why shes here, and its not a damn thing

Old 07-26-2005, 12:55 AM   #36
Robert
1%

Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Robert Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

tru dat. wat's your opinion then on mobb deep! they have gon to g unit records, p no longer has the rhyming ability fo whatever reason and soon they will probs be makin club tracks instead of that grimey street shit they are famous 4. Are they still real, for me they are on the verge of losing that vibe that has made them one of the best hip hop groups.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 12:58 AM   #37
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamel The Prophet
tru dat. wat's your opinion then on mobb deep! they have gon to g unit records, p no longer has the rhyming ability fo whatever reason and soon they will probs be makin club tracks instead of that grimey street shit they are famous 4. Are they still real, for me they are on the verge of losing that vibe that has made them one of the best hip hop groups.
i dont no what to say, they can be whatever right now, they have no hype liek always, now everyone thinks their mainstream, WHICH is a step up from where they were, just gotta see what their gonna spit on their first G-Unit record release.....hopefully they wont be influenced on the bad porpraganda or whatever u spell it on their new record lable, at least their gettin sxposer now : P , i still like the old mobb deep, they had a real message to put out, now that i think about it, they're just going to put it on a newer level, i dont think they'll change to much, they might...who knows

Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #38
DAREALCAS

DAREALCAS grasshopper

Yo Man Its Hard Ta Stay True When You Come From Nutthin And These Mafuckas Sayin Yo Do This Song Or Do It Like That, They Flashin Money Atcha What Else Could You Do Man. Just Like Drugs Man. I Aint Support Puttin The Shit Out There But Yo The Money Iz Good While It Lasts Man. Why Wouldnt I Sell Packs. I Can G Up Twice A Night If Im Grindin!
DAREALCAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:09 AM   #39
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

all i know is that hip hop isnt about dance choreographers and #1 hit singles.. and bitches with crabs in multiple videos.
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:15 AM   #40
DAREALCAS

DAREALCAS grasshopper

Really All I Gotta Say To Mainstream Rappers Is You Can Stay True To Yaself And Still Put Out Club Tracks. Yo If You Love Hip Hop And You An Mc And You Really Wanna Stay Real. Cut A Cd And Give It Out For Free. If Yall Want Ta Do This For A Career ,then Stop Hatin On Niggaz And Get Ya Money Cuz Thats Wut The Industry Iz About, Dont Bitch And Say I Love Rap Music But My Cd Dont Make No Money.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:26 AM   #41
DAREALCAS

DAREALCAS grasshopper

Yo Mobb Deep Got A Opportunity Ta Really Make It. Its No Doubt G-unit Is On Top At The Moment. So If They Real Like They Say They Gon Run Wit It All The Way To The Bank. Get That Money Niggaz.... Oh Ya Fuck Fifty Cent I Aint Eva Gon Mention That Name On Here Again!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:15 AM   #42
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tha Legion is real. they lyrical killaz, and tahts what they do.. lyrically kill ya
Old 07-26-2005, 02:17 AM   #43
R3beLuTionAry
IP RELAY OPERATOR

R3beLuTionAry grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to R3beLuTionAry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin
Tha Legion is real. they lyrical killaz, and tahts what they do.. lyrically kill ya

this local fag isnt hip hop:

http://www.myspace.com/whiterapper
R3beLuTionAry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:48 AM   #44
Origin™
The Master Of Equilibrium

Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Origin™ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yea, to each his own.... but it's just a shame that tha majority of peoples own choices, is that weak as watered down millenium "pop idol rap" bullshit.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:57 AM   #45
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killaSHRAP shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

real hiphop is muzik from da heart n soul thats made cuz somebody wanted to make dat muzik, not cuz somebody wanted to make dat money. figga deal me