news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 4 36.36%
9 1 9.09%
8 4 36.36%
7 1 9.09%
6 1 9.09%
5 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2007, 04:10 PM   #1
WeMadeIt

WeMadeIt grasshopper
Default Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecolygst

1. Intro
2. 3000
3. I Got To Tell You
4. Earth People
5. No Awareness
6. Real Raw
7. General Hospital
8. Blue Flowers
9. Technical Difficulties
10. A Visit To The Gynecologyst
11. Bear Witness
12. Dr. Octagon
13. Girl Let Me Touch You
14. I'm Destructive
15. Wild And Crazy
16. Elective Surgery
17. Halfsharkalligatorhalfman
18. Blue Flowers Revisited
19. Waiting List (DJ Shadow/Automator Mix)
20. 1977

This album came out in 1996, the MC was Kool Keith of the Ultramagnetic MCs, the producer was Dan the Automater. It's a conceptual album about a Gynecologist, Dr. Octagon, from Jupiter.

10/10 - One of the best damn albums I've heard, a personal classic. Anyone else listened to this album?

Last edited by WeMadeIt; 06-09-2007 at 04:15 PM.
WeMadeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #2
SaqurakiHanamichi
CLANSMAN

SaqurakiHanamichi shaolin monk

let me hear a song or something man i never heard of the guy
Old 06-09-2007, 04:12 PM   #3
WeMadeIt

WeMadeIt grasshopper

Sure, man, PM me your AIM or MSN or something.
WeMadeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

over rated.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

i heard he has great albums... imma get it, and ill write a review when i listen it properly...check mr nogatco - nogatco rd if u didnt...
Old 06-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
MenaceSkilledWitWiz

MenaceSkilledWitWiz grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to MenaceSkilledWitWiz

blue flowers is a dope ass track i gotta hear some more of his shit
Old 06-10-2007, 12:04 AM   #7
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

classic album.
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 12:33 AM   #8
Sideoutfox

Sideoutfox grasshopper

its sick
Sideoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:34 AM   #9
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its wicked, but over rated. as a whole album i thought it was real good, no real standout track particularly.

8.5/10 or 9/10.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:10 AM   #10
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

At one point I tried to convince myself that this album was better than it is, but in the end I just really don't much care for Kool Keith. 'Blue Flowers' is awesome, 'Halfsharkalligatorhalfman' is really good, and there are a few other pretty good songs, but as a whole I just don't think this album is all that great. It's creative. I appreciate its originality and relevance in hip hop, but I just don't really think it's all that good. There's a lot of really shitty hooks on it too. I think the most I could give it would be about 7/10.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #11
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Honesty^^
Old 06-10-2007, 11:30 AM   #12
Memory Man
Studio Gangster

Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Memory Man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

keith's definitely in my top 20 mcs, maybe even top 10, but i absolutely understand why a lot of people can't get into him. he's like the ornette coleman of hiphop. that being said, i dare you to front on ultramagnetic mc's critical beatdown lp. in ego trip's book of rap lists they rate keith higher than 2pac.
Memory Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

because of creativity...not necessarily lyrical skill.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:53 PM   #14
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

No, when Kool Keith is on point he tears a hole in every rapper. That includes fucking Tupac. Listen to Critical Beatdown.
crass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #15
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
because of creativity...not necessarily lyrical skill.
you are incorrect - please try again!