news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber > Lyric Interpretation

Old 07-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default 'threw salt over my back' -GZA

My English aint all that...so I must ask...what does this mean?

this must be one of your saying, cuz there aint no saying like that in my country..

GZA says it on Swordsman
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #2
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

It is supposed to bring you good luck. Watch the movie "Dumd & Dumber", there is a clip about it in the movie.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #3
bamboo
I need a piece of peace

bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)bamboo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and to keep devils away...

Quote:
"Can't believe you on the canvas, I'm just throwin jabs" - Inspectah Deck

Blueminati
bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #4
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thanks for both answers
Old 07-02-2007, 12:06 PM   #5
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
It is supposed to bring you good luck. Watch the movie "Dumd & Dumber", there is a clip about it in the movie.
thanks for the explanation...didn't knew that either
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 08:27 PM   #6
Guarded By Martyrs
Nothing |s What |t Seems

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Throwing saly in the Devil's eye. just like whenpeople say "bless you" when you sneaze back in the day people thought that when you sneazed you'r soul leaves you'r body for a momet and saying "Bless you" keeps the Devil at bay.
PEACE
Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #7
liquid_1_
Do I Really?[Yes,Yes].

liquid_1_ grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneumatic View Post
hahaha lol love that scene.

"THIS HATE IN THE BRAIN DESTROYS THE CELLS LIKE CANCER..EVEN EXPERTS ARE STUCK WITH MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS." - GZA
liquid_1_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
My English aint all that...so I must ask...what does this mean?

this must be one of your saying, cuz there aint no saying like that in my country..

GZA says it on Swordsman
The GZA is God Body, the Gods dont believe in magical, superstitious, or religious make believe.

The GZA was referring to his upbringing. Like most African Americans he was raised a Christian. He says
"Scarred to split poles,
ducked black cats,
once in a while threw salt over my back,
but with knowledge of self Im off the shelf,
make things seems complicated now its small like elves
......Wizards, Warlocks Spokes and Holy Ghost RZA lets defraud the hoax"

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 AM   #9
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

yeah I understand that