news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 07-27-2005, 05:53 AM   #1
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper
Default Modern Hip-Hop

i find myself wanting to listen to more Modern Hip-Hop then Wu or anything else...
Blackstar, Mos Def And Talib Kweli, Canibus, Royce Da 5'9 (royce not so modern, but death is certain was near close) Common, ya know, things like that.....

the beats, all of it sound dope, i havnt listened to Wu ina few months now =p, i'm not feelin Wu as much anymore, or i just burned myself out on their shit, but any1 else feelin what im saying for real?.

is there any albums that fit into this catagory that u guys want to suggest for me to check out?
cause my taste in rap music changed,. i went to listening to just Wu and Wu-Killabees, Necro , Mobb, Cormega ect.. just real darkish street music, to Modern rap,

now i like listening to Jadakiss, Jounalist, 50 Cent. Game, Lloyd Banks, Bobby Valentino, Copywrite, Jakki Da Motormouth, Gangstarr, Dipset, Cassidy, Missy Eliot, Black Eye Peas ect...ya know bassically the best from their level, to say like 50 Cent makes good mainstrem music as long as its not ont eh radio, dunno why ut the albums singles always sound better to me because thousands of other people arnt listening to it as me i guess,
Bobby Valentino thee hottest R&B singer out there now, Dipset are one of a kind, original fo sho, the way they rap and everything, Cassidy right there between mainstream and underground considering aint too many punchline emcees on the radio, Missy Eliot is a class of her fuckin own, she always has hot fuckin beats on her shit, Black Eye Peashave changed sence when they use to collab with De La and Talib Kweli n such, but its also nice stuff.......

any1 else finding makin themselves a transition from a certain form of rap to anythign else?

but could some1 list some Modern Hip-Hop albums that are worth checkin out....old school or not,

peace

iNtell3kT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 05:59 AM   #2
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms
Default Re: Modern Hip-Hop

what do you mean by modern?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:03 AM   #3
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

Blackstar Album, and say Canibus's Poet Laurette II, beats and rappin like that...

Old 07-27-2005, 07:14 AM   #4
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

you wouldnt consider the bobby digital albums or iron flag to be modern? if not then why?
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 07-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #5
WuBanga36
Veteran Member

WuBanga36 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to WuBanga36 Send a message via Yahoo to WuBanga36

Some modern Wu lps r dope. I know where u r coming from, I haven't been in the mood of listening to the Wu in a minute. Been bumping to kats like MF Doom, Cage, Sean Price, Scarub, etc.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM   #6
THE W
ISRAELITE

wu-tang makes "modern" hiphop too. also there's wu-tang forever, ironman, the pillage, and supreme clientele.

but wu-tang hasnt really done much to keep anyone's attention so naturally people are going elsewhere for music.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:22 AM   #7
Butter
Hunger Pains..

Butter grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Butter Send a message via MSN to Butter

i havent listened to wu hardcore for years now, when i first got into hip hop i would bang their album's non stop but now im just into otehr things.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #8
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

yeh yeh, im not tlakin about Wu
ima talkin about other artists....but whatever..you guys seem to not catch the drift

and yeh butter, Wu got boring, their not so muhc Modern as im saying....you cant compare Iron Flag to Blackstars album, diff styles

Old 07-27-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intellekt

now i like listening to 50 Cent, Lloyd Banks, Bobby Valentino, Dipset, Cassidy, Missy Eliot, Black Eye Peas ect...ya know bassically the best from their level, to say like 50 Cent makes good mainstrem music as long as its not ont eh radio, dunno why ut the albums singles always sound better to me because thousands of other people arnt listening to it as me i guess,
Bobby Valentino thee hottest R&B singer out there now, Dipset are one of a kind, original fo sho, the way they rap and everything, Cassidy right there between mainstream and underground considering aint too many punchline emcees on the radio, Missy Eliot is a class of her fuckin own, she always has hot fuckin beats on her shit, Black Eye Peashave changed sence when they use to collab with De La and Talib Kweli n such, but its also nice stuff.......

those artists suck horrible ass, especially Bobby Valentino, but w/e you like it, your opinion

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:42 PM   #10
GhostfaceKillah199
Sun God

GhostfaceKillah199 grasshopper

wu-tang's music is ageless

"Even if I bleed to death I can't die
Not even if I fell from ten stories high
Yo, I'ma rule the underground or get shot trying
No matter how many times I get hit with the hot iron
I'm not dyin'!" - Sticky Fingaz
GhostfaceKillah199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:42 PM   #11
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

your attiutude is horrible, grow up kid

Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 PM   #12
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

My attitude is if it's not good, it sucks ass and Bobby Valentino is average R&B, nothing I'd stress OK

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 PM   #13
iNtell3kT
Veteran Member

iNtell3kT grasshopper

u cant say that that 1st joint from Bobby Valentino is classic? the beat, all of it to me is cool as hell.....easily one of the hottest beats of the year....

and if u care to actually help out and maybe list some possiblitys of some good Modern hip-hop albums, that be usefull, but you sayings he sucks ass, does no justice and no point in arguing with my opinon cause im not lookin for any other opinions....

Old 07-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #14
P3T3R BARK3R
Veteran Member

P3T3R BARK3R grasshopper

beat is hot, but he is a average singer.

modern hiphop:
dipset
d-block
saigon
grafh
shells
jae millz
papoose
purple city
kanye
P3T3R BARK3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #15
Found My Purpose

first off Bobby Valentino is NOT HIP HOP AT ALL. He's garbage R&B

secondly these are some good album that have come out recently that you should get
Kaze & 9th Wonder - Spirit of 94
Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer
Masta Killa - No Said Date
Sean Price - Monkey Barz
Buckshot - Chemistry
One Be Lo - SONOGRAM
MF DOOM - (Fuck that, all the shit he's come out with in the past couple of years?)
fuck there is a lot of shit that's come out this is what comes to my head, all recent, all classic or near it