news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 AM   #31
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJR View Post
Both of their last two were underrated just because they weren't as energetic. Granted, on those two, Tribe DID sound a little bored but Phife does some of his best spitting on BR&L.
I love Phife Dog´s rappin.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yall heard Phifes solo stuff ?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #33
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

^ Yes, and it's underrated.

Not as good as Tribe obviously, but good music.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:05 PM   #34
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to UNCLE RUCKUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
Yall heard Phifes solo stuff ?
Yeah Flawless was really dope and his album was better than Tips debut by a mile
UNCLE RUCKUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 PM   #35
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)UNCLE RUCKUS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Both of their last two were underrated just because they weren't as energetic. Granted, on those two, Tribe DID sound a little bored but Phife does some of his best spitting on BR&L.
I didnt like BRaL when it first dropped but got into way later and its another classic, TLM is good but not on the level of the 1st 4 which are all classics. I would say tho De La's first 4 are classics too and I think they have the meatier catalogue even if Tribe is better overall
Old 04-02-2013, 07:17 AM   #36
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
I didnt like BRaL when it first dropped but got into way later and its another classic, TLM is good but not on the level of the 1st 4 which are all classics. I would say tho De La's first 4 are classics too and I think they have the meatier catalogue even if Tribe is better overall
Well they DO have more albums than Tribe.

What's your favorite song on BRaL? My fav is "Get a Hold". In fact, that very well might be my fav Tribe track overall. INSANELY good and inventive production and sample. Creates a lush and melancholy atmosphere that is both addictive and welcoming.
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 AM   #37
TheFunkyDrummer
Veteran Member

TheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of furyTheFunkyDrummer fist of fury

Get A Hold, amazing beat. The way he flipped that sample: "Suddenly, drifting back." Really clever stuff.

I would say Find A Way is a little bit better. Jam and 1nce Again are also great beats on BR&L
Old 04-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #38
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

"1nce again" and "stressed out" are amazing tracks! I love them.
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:27 PM   #39
UNCLE RUCKUS
Fearless Vampire Killer

Quote:
Well they DO have more albums than Tribe.

What's your favorite song on BRaL? My fav is "Get a Hold". In fact, that very well might be my fav Tribe track overall. INSANELY good and inventive production and sample. Creates a lush and melancholy atmosphere that is both addictive and welcoming.
Get a Hold is def. one of the best on the Lp phony rappers pressure and once again too. Phife is at his here and Tips style is crazy like he's bored with everyone but still really dope and casual
Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #40
b-dolo
SLIMEY SAVAGE

b-dolo crouching tiger

I will go with midnite marauders. I like both a lot, but the production on marauders is more my style

Stripped of our language, walked around nameless Amongst the strangest, a heart full of anguish Taught life is dangerous
b-dolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #41
KJR
Master Ninja

KJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkeyKJR iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLE RUCKUS View Post
Get a Hold is def. one of the best on the Lp phony rappers pressure and once again too. Phife is at his here and Tips style is crazy like he's bored with everyone but still really dope and casual
Good to see we all agree on Get A Hold.

I think it would've been amazing if they did a whole album of that somber, atmospheric, melancholy rap. You know, stuff like "Get A Hold", and "8 Million Stories*. Would've been ace!
KJR is offline   Reply With Quote