news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-27-2007, 01:00 AM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Iron Man Trailer Info!!

Over at www.screenrant.com the guy attended the comic-con showing of footage from the forthcoming Iron Man movie, he goes into great detail and me personally I can't fucking wait to see this, check it out.

Robert Downey Jr absolutely owned the role of Tony Stark. Owned it.

The first scene shown had a straight on shot of RDJ as Stark, presumably out in the field, talking to high level military types. He's making a speech about weapons of war and says something to the effect of:

"Some people say the best weapon is one you never have to use. I disagree. I think the best weapon is the one you only have to use once."

It then cuts to a number of very short scenes giving an impression of Stark as a character as a tough businessman, playboy (looks like a wide shot of him with a couple of hotties on some Vegas-style bed), and a charmer. In one scene an attractive blonde reporter tries to ambush him in an interview asking if he thinks of himself as a modern Da Vinci, to which he quips "Of course not, I can't paint." She then quickly asks him "then how about a merchant of war?" or some such thing, to which he replies "that's more like it."

We then see Stark in the desert at the moment of the explosion that embeds shrapnel near his heart, and then as he awakens, tearing the bandages from his chest to reveal the crude electromagnet (powered by a car battery!) that is keeping him alive. We see Yinsen briefly, and Stark building the armor.

And what about the armor?

Iron Man fans are going to soil themselves when they see this footage.

When we finally see the Mark I in action it's breathtaking - like a super-mobile tank on two legs. If you're thinking Robocop as far as the armor, forget it. It's more like Transformers, except withOUT the mind-jarring level of complexity that didn't even allow you to make out details.

The footage showed Iron Man smashing through a pair of steel doors, walking down a cave passageway like a dreadnought, tossing aside soldiers like they were made of straw. While smashing at something, one of the arms gets caught in the rock wall and a soldier takes a point blank shot at the helmet which ricochets off (to great comic effect, but in a good way).

He then comes literally blazing out of the cave entrance shooting flame throwers that seem to reach 40 feet.

And guess what? I'm pretty sure I glimpsed the Mark II that fans have been asking about, but only for a moment.

At first we thought we'd only get a quick shot of the Mark III armor in the form of beauty shot that zoomed the camera up to him just standing there, but then we were treated to scenes of Iron Man in full flight, zooming along with some military jets. It's a head-on shot of him and the jets when he suddenly breaks to the right of the screen far faster than they could. Then there are a number of panning shots of the armor in flight, all very fluid and far enough away to give a sense of scale but close enough that you can still make out some details on the armor. REALLY nicely done, and the uber-geek moment came when he dropped his arms to his sides, fired his repulsors in addition to the bootjets and rocketed away even faster, breaking the sound barrier in the process.

I felt like I needed a freaking cigarette when it was done. :-)

When Jon Favreau came out, there was applause and cheers, but let me tell you it was NOTHING compared to the noise that greeted him at the end of that clip and as he left the stage.

Iron Man opens in May 2008

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 01:19 AM   #2
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Somewhere in the world, Ghostface is smiling

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:28 AM   #3
pneumatic
The Preacher

pneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal sonpneumatic prodigal son

I think I want to see this more then The Dark Knight....maybe.
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #4
P-Noid Brown
same ol' same ol'

P-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killaP-Noid Brown shaolin masta killa

i defintiely wanna see this more than dark knight.. Batman got his shine already and joel schumacher fucked it up...so ....IRONMAN it is.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #5
harm77
Veteran Member

harm77 Imbecile

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Noid Brown View Post
i defintiely wanna see this more than dark knight.. Batman got his shine already and joel schumacher fucked it up...so ....IRONMAN it is.

i agree that yea by the description of that trailor ironman sounds like its going to be sick!! but damn how can u compare that to batman taking on a new sick pyscotic joker?? i mean check out the dark knight teaser
and peep what the joker says at the end. thats enough to send chills up anyone's spine.the dark knight in my opinion will be an all around better movie where as ironman will be better special effects wise.
harm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:45 PM   #6
Guarded By Martyrs
AllTheWorldWillBeYourNME

Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Guarded By Martyrs Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

On "Supreme Clientele" the intro to"Ghost Deini" :

"In an enemy land...
Ack, just by destroying starks enterprises,
We could cripple their national defence.
So, you Professor finkle, the world's greatest
Expert on electricity must devise the destruction
Of starks' mighty guardian, Ironman"

Who is Professor Finkle and who is the Guy talking anyone know?

I can't wait for this film-
And I agree that Ghostface should definatlly take advantage when it drops.
Guarded By Martyrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:58 PM   #7
Frontal Lobotomy
Bonesetter

Frontal Lobotomy grasshopper

^ Who knows, he might even have a track on the OST for all we know. It'd be an interesting touch, thats for sure.
This trailer sounds immense, hopefuly we'll see it before long.

Chicks dig giant robots
Frontal Lobotomy is offline   Reply With Quote