news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: how do you rate this LP
5 - Masterpiece 6 14.63%
4 - Superior 19 46.34%
3 - Good 9 21.95%
2 - Average 4 9.76%
1 - Wack! 3 7.32%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2007, 03:27 PM   #16
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Buckshotstheone calling Hip Hop Is Dead a classic hahahahahahaha.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 AM   #17
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

LOL classic piece of trash maybe.
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 AM   #18
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Illmatic is the only album of his i can listen to over and over again.
Same here man.. I didnt listen to Hip Hop is dead, and I dont intend to, cuz i got the vibe it aint that good wit the beats... i can imagine what it sounds like cuz i got 4 or 5 Nas'es albums and they also got some wack beats...
Old 08-03-2007, 03:52 PM   #19
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

He hasn't had consistent good beats since Illmatic and that's why i stopped being a fan of his. I still like his lyrics but his beats are terrible. Iam, Nastradamus, Stillmatic, God's Son albums sucked. I haven't heard Streets Disciple album and i didn't wanna hear it even though i like Thief's Theme song. Ether, Got Yourself A Gun, One Mic, 2nd Childhood songs are my favorite from Stillmatic album. Made You Look song from God's Son album is hard. I wish he would do hard songs like those consistently that i mentioned. I understand he wants to be diverse and talk about different topics on his albums and there's nothing wrong with that but he needs to have the tight beats consistently for his albums to be good.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #20
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

I thought the beats on It Was Written were MUCH better than Illmatic.
In fact Illmatic would rate third behind It Was Written, and I Am. (prod. wise)
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:56 PM   #21
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

LOL@you said Illmatic would be your 3rd favorite behind It Was Written and Iam hahahahahahahahahaha. You have lost your damn mind. The beats on Illmatic are the shit except Memory Lane song.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:15 AM   #22
HarlemDiplomat
ADEPT

HarlemDiplomat grasshopper

Illmatic has some of the crappiest beats IMO. It sounds dated and low quality.
HarlemDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:44 AM   #23
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
LOL@you said Illmatic would be your 3rd favorite behind It Was Written and Iam hahahahahahahahahaha. You have lost your damn mind. The beats on Illmatic are the shit except Memory Lane song.
memory lane is dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemDiplomat View Post
Illmatic has some of the crappiest beats IMO. It sounds dated and low quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICHWV View Post
^^^you two are fucking tards, Illmatic is the best producers in hip hop making some of the defining productions of their career

and 'I Am' is without a doubt the worst produced album i ever heard, other than the 2 premo joints of course.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 04:59 AM   #24
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post

and 'I Am' is without a doubt the worst produced album i ever heard, other than the 2 premo joints of course.
not true...it's a fairly listenable album ( listen to the second half of Immobilarity if u wanna hear some fucked up beats... )
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 04:58 PM   #25
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICHWV View Post
verdicts in. you're such a fucking idiot.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 05:00 PM   #26
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
not true...it's a fairly listenable album ( listen to the second half of Immobilarity if u wanna hear some fucked up beats... )
quit nut-sack swinging.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:30 PM   #27
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshowhost View Post
verdicts in. you're such a fucking idiot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateshowhost View Post
quit nut-sack swinging.
Back! Back to ye thread with ye! Vile insect. Back!

dude.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #28
Ghost_Deini_
Banned!!!11

Ghost_Deini_ crouching tiger

illmatics production isnt great? thats news to me.

i am is no doubt some of the shittiest production ever.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #29
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Sosa speaks the truth. Iam was a very boring album. NY State Of Mind part 2, Nas Is Like, Pray are the only songs i liked on the album.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:16 AM   #30
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Street's Disciple is dope beat-wise, listen to it!
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote