news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son
Default Seven Swords

I don't know how many of you have seen of heard of this one.

It dropped in '05 and the most noteable actor in there is Donnie Yen.

Anyway, at first, I was a bit disappointed, but after the 3rd time I watched it, it's seriously a great picture.

There's a lot of passion and many lessons in chivalry, honor and loyalty in this one.

It's China, around the Ming Dynasty I believe. Anyone familiar with the old Kung-Fu flicks will immediately recognize the Manchu attire worn by the main villains.

Much like the old stories, anyone who is caught practicing martial arts is to be killed.

In the midst of the chaos, seven swordsmen, one of them being a woman, form an alliance to stop the senseless killing.

If anyone else has seen this, tell me your thoughts.

For those who haven't seen it, I recommend it highly.

There's also a dope variation of our beloved flying guillotine.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #2
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I saw it in the cinema, I thought it was good but the director Tsui Hark had an annoying habit of filming the fight sequences to close that it was kind of hard to make them out, that for me really spoiled the film because I did think it was epic in scope and Donnie Yen to me is one of the most underrated HK kung fu actors around.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Didn't like it.

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List : Everybody
The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:06 PM   #4
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
I saw it in the cinema, I thought it was good but the director Tsui Hark had an annoying habit of filming the fight sequences to close that it was kind of hard to make them out, that for me really spoiled the film because I did think it was epic in scope and Donnie Yen to me is one of the most underrated HK kung fu actors around.
True, I thought a few of the fight scenes were filmed too close as well.

Donnie Yen is dope for real. I think the first time I saw him was is "Iron Monkey", that was a bangin' flick too.

What really got me were the different personalities of each swordsman. Plus, Mount Heaven and the swords that were molded there really made me want to get the book, "The Seven Swordsman From Mt. Tian" that the movie was adapted from.

And the villain, Fire-Wind, that cat was just hilarious.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:36 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Imo the best fight I have seen Donnie Yen in is when he fought Jet Li at the end of Once Upon In China 2.

Also if people like Donnie Yen they should check out Dragon Tiger Gate. He kicks ass in that film.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:56 PM   #6
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Yo, I've only seen the 1st "Once Upon A Time In China". Dope as all outdoors.

Still haven't seen "Dragon Tiger Gate" was it good on the whole?
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM   #7
PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
DEVIL BASTARD!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal sonPuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Imo the best fight I have seen Donnie Yen in is when he fought Jet Li at the end of Once Upon In China 2.

Also if people like Donnie Yen they should check out Dragon Tiger Gate. He kicks ass in that film.
check my u-tube link
Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 AM   #8
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

^Checked the link it's not a bad fight but it has it's flaws, the other bloke looks like he's on some psycho drug shit and his blade looks like a butter knife