news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 01-02-2015, 06:48 PM   #1
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default So what's the deal with these "Microaggressions" ?

Quote:

Microaggression: desperately seeking discrimination

Have you heard of ‘microaggression’? Apparently it is everywhere. According to Wikipedia, ‘Microaggression is a form of “unintended discrimination”... which, without the conscious choice of the user, has the same effect as conscious, intended discrimination.’ Wikipedia provides the pronoun ‘he’ as an example of microaggression: this pronoun apparently makes me, a ‘she’, feel excluded and therefore it is a micro act of aggression. For other ludicrous examples of this nonsense, visit the microaggression project’s website. There you will find posts that read like an embarrassing adolescent diary.

But this is no laughing matter. The idea of microaggression is now having a real effect. For instance, there was the fiasco at Harvard earlier this month, when stickers from SodaStream, an Israeli company, were removed from soda machines because they were seen as an act of microaggression against students of Palestinian origin. There was the case of Professor Val Rust at UCLA, who, in 2013, was fired over spurious allegations of microaggression towards his students. As far as I can tell, his only crime was to ask his students to use better grammar. And, judging by their subsequent manifesto and online petition, he was right to do so.

What is most striking about those waging war on microaggression is the extent to which they have taken leave of reality. They see discrimination and oppression everywhere. Of course, there are plenty of things that need to be challenged in society, and spiked does so on a daily basis. But long gone are the days when women were kept at home, when black people weren’t welcome in pubs, and when gay and lesbian couples had to keep their relationships secret. In education, at work and at home, the old discrimination simply doesn’t exist anymore. Unfortunately, that hasn’t stopped some people desperately looking for discrimination in innocent remarks and actions.

For believers in microaggression, the slightest hint of an insult becomes discriminatory, an example of oppression. Anything can potentially be a microaggression, it seems - a comment, an advert, or just a look. You just have to feel hurt or uncomfortable after reading, hearing or seeing something for the ‘offending behaviour’ to be labelled microaggression. It doesn’t matter about the context; it doesn’t matter what the person actually meant; it doesn’t matter if it was just a bad joke between friends. Thanks to the idea of microaggression, you can elevate the most mundane of exchanges into symbols of deep-rooted oppression.
The idea of microaggression encourages people to see everyday comments or behaviour as abusive or discriminatory. And as such, it encourages a socially corrosive form of victimhood. This is bad. Most of the time, people are civil and decent – if you give them a chance they can even be fun, clever and interesting. Yes, bumping into one another has its risks, but you know what – that’s what makes life worth living.

http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...7#.VKc7YWTF8vE

Viv Regan is managing editor of spiked.

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 01-02-2015 at 06:55 PM.
Sideshow Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)Sideshow Bob King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

I wonder who has the time to invent a term so ludicrous

Old 01-03-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
diggy
Veteran Member

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yup, a lot of this foolishness has been going on lately. Feminist got the art of it locked down.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:08 PM   #4
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

I don't believe all the blame falls on the shoulders of these millennial SJW's and Fems for this. You gotta got factor in the super-progressive Ivy League faculty who foster the perfect environment for this bullshit.

The fact a publication like Sp!ked is calling their bluff is actually pretty hilarious.

One of the better article comments:

Quote:
There is such a thing as gaining control or power from a one-down position. Therapists encounter it, where they have patients who resist personal growth and development because they do not want to give up the power they wield as victims. As a victim, they can gain pity, sympathy, support, and help, without any obligation on their own part to reciprocate or assist other people. They present themselves as emotional, social, or physical cripples to get attention, financial help, or an excuse to get out of doing something unpleasant. It's something my therapist warned me against, 10 years ago, and she was right to do so. It's something I work against in myself. But so many people are unwilling to look seriously or analytically at themselves and their motivations. They think that someone who can credibly claim to be a victim, cannot therefore be judged by the same standards, or cannot be expected to take any personal responsibility.

It comes down to whether people are really determined to be mature and take responsibility for themselves and their lives, or whether they are determined to remain juvenile and make other people responsible for their welfare, their health, and their happiness.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

http://www.microaggressions.com

Quote:
My dad jokes with my younger sister that he remembers selling Girl Scout Cookies when he was a Girl Scout. She laughs, understanding the fact that since he’s a boy means that he could not have been a Girl Scout. Thanks, Dad. I’m a boy and a formal Girl Scout.
^ check two, I’ve found you out!!

Old 01-03-2015, 02:16 PM   #6
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Quote:
I’m participating in a self-defense class this semester. The day before class started, the instructor sends out an email with information on the class. A paragraph explained that the class was not a martial arts class, so it was not recommended for men. Are men born with inherently better self-defense skills? I didn’t think so. Guys get mugged too. And what about the fact that 10% of rape victims are men?
stop leaving breadcrumbs Check Two

Old 01-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Quote:
“You used to have such a dyke haircut,” someone says to me all the time. 1. Why the implication that “dyke haircuts” – and therefore lesbians – are unfeminine and unattractive? 2. Why does this person get away with telling me I’m unattractive? What if I am attracted to women?

Quote:
I was walking behind a male coworker when he stopped in his tracks and began backing up into me, dancing, while singing “Big Booty Bitches.”*I’m a woman. Made me uncomfortable, angry, demeaned.

Quote:
Jif peanut butter has the slogan “Choosy moms choose Jif” and Kix cereal has the slogan “Kid-tested, mother-approved.”Apparently it’s always Mom’s job to buy food for the kids.

Old 01-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #8
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Quote:
I have an older sister, who likes to work out at the gym everyday. On the other side, I usually go no more than twice a week. However, my parents insist on me doing tasks such as carrying heavy bags or furniture when we move.

The worst thing is that my sister also sees it as something natural: men must do the hard job. I’m a 18 year old man, and she’s a 21 year old woman. Made me sad and confused. Why do genitals need to determine our roles?

Old 01-03-2015, 08:57 PM   #9
diggy
Veteran Member

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

1st world problems?
Old 01-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #10
#StonerSloth
Fuck the King

#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)#StonerSloth Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"I have an older sister, who likes to work out at the gym everyday. On the other side, I usually go no more than twice a week. However, my parents insist on me doing tasks such as carrying heavy bags or furniture when we move.

The worst thing is that my sister also sees it as something natural: men must do the hard job. I’m a 18 year old man, and she’s a 21 year old woman. Made me sad and confused. Why do genitals need to determine our roles?"

LMAO without a doubt this is diggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
#StonerSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 09:17 PM   #11
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggy View Post
1st world problems?
Quote:
I want to go grab a snack at the corner store, but last night when I went a man approached me and did the “why aren’t you smiling/smile for me” routine and now I’m afraid that the same thing (or something worse) will happen again, so I’m probably not going to go. I’m 22 and in Detroit. Made me feel helpless, like a prisoner in my own home.
meanwhile..

Old 01-04-2015, 11:21 AM   #12
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Equality is an industry.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:04 PM   #13
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

Quote:
Practicing already, huh?

My step-dad said this to me when I was 8-9 while I was eating a popsicle. At the time I had no idea what he meant, but now it makes me feel dirty.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:20 PM   #14
Sideshow Bob
Super Serial Moderator

man someone needs to submit a 'micro aggression' to that project site written in a charlesjones perspective - since it appears they take anonymous comments

[micro]

"My father caught me in the basement late one night after raiding the fridge of corned beef and orange soda. I was watching some videos on www.footfetishtube.com hahahahahah

He yelled "I didn't raise no foot-freak and freeloader of a son! Get a job!" LOL

I said "Can I borrow your car this week"

He said "No! You've got feet and toes, take those little piggies to the market!"

It made me feel confused and ashamed that he referred to them as little piggies. Thanks Dad, but I'm 38 and the correct term is Sus scrofa domesticus. You can probably tell my father is an ignorant black man that hates pre-op Scrofa guys like myself.

[/micro]

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 01-04-2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:52 AM   #15
SHRAP
PRESIDENT OF WORLD

SHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venomsSHRAP five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to SHRAP Send a message via MSN to SHRAP

Lol this will be real. All this cyberbullying nonsense is just the first step. Soon they will lock you in a maximum security rehabilitation facility just for saying something bad about somebodys mom. Welcome 2 the future