news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 08-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom
Default Damned Niggaz!!!

People always say, "What's wrong with those American Niggaz" and what not. Well, Dr. King [with the help of Aaron] says what's wrong with Niggaz and shows what it will [probably] take to fix us Niggaz. I think that he's onto something. If we all get mad as hell and focus on fixing ourselves maybe we can go somewhere. What do you think?

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:16 PM   #2
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

This was one of the best episodes of "The Boondocks". That one and the one where Riley is a samurai and they're playin' Deck's verse from "Guillotine/Swords".

I think it makes a valid point. People, especially in this forum, always want to tell people to calm down and not get emotional, meanwhile, it's that kind of attitude that keeps black people and mankind in general, in the constant shadow of an avalanche of bulls**t.

When you do something, anything, with passion, it's effect is much greater because it's REAL. It's like the difference between making love and just f**king. While the former is the connection of the very souls of two people, the latter is just an itch bein' scratched. Or the difference between a Tru Master beat and a Jermaine Dupri beat.

These days, people put their passions in all the wrong places and worse, try to justify that placement. It's really out of hand in the Hip-Hop community because the amount of what Katt Williams calls, "Smart-Dumb Niggaz" is growing by the second. Some people think that just because they know a few "big words" and happen to have read a few books that they're the smartest things on two feet and most of them look like fools with some of their theories and concepts.

I would only talk to people who earnestly seek something real for themselves. That's why I could never be as much of an activist as Dr. King or anyone like him because I can't stomach stupid people for that long. So God love 'em for that ability.

It definitely takes passion to make any kind of serious change though. I think the main problem, aside from arm-chair revolutionaries poppin' up all over the place, is the fact that a lot of people these days are just punks in the long run. They're not willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good and would rather fool themselves into thinking that playing Immortal Technique extremely loud is a revolutionary act.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:12 PM   #3
Huggasaurus Sex
2000 B.C.

Huggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of furyHuggasaurus Sex fist of fury

Quote:
Black Entertainment Television... is the worst thing i've ever seen in my life!
lol!

but things like procrastination, being too judgmental, having unfulfilled ambitions and constant complaints are things that virtually all people are guilty of. and even if one could somehow make the case that these things are more prevalent in black communities, these just aren't true crises which you can use to rally a people and start a movement to initiate change. they're problems without a well-defined large scale solution. in the clip, king seems to realize this and basically says fuck it this is useless and moves to canada!

so i agree that if all black people focused on fixing their shortcomings they'd be able to improve their collective situation. as an individual, you can make those changes to yourself if you have a strong will. if you have children, you may be able to raise them in such a way to instill the right values in them. if you're truly morally righteous, a person as devoted as dr. king for example, you may be able to inspire those around you, those in your community, to live better lives. but to take it further than that, a widescale movement to improve the behaviors both innate and instilled in them by what they see around them everyday? i think it would take thousands of kings...

more akbar
Huggasaurus Sex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
SG
Forever Upward

SG crouching tigerSG crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Journalz View Post
This was one of the best episodes of "The Boondocks". That one and the one where Riley is a samurai and they're playin' Deck's verse from "Guillotine/Swords".

I think it makes a valid point. People, especially in this forum, always want to tell people to calm down and not get emotional, meanwhile, it's that kind of attitude that keeps black people and mankind in general, in the constant shadow of an avalanche of bulls**t.

When you do something, anything, with passion, it's effect is much greater because it's REAL. It's like the difference between making love and just f**king. While the former is the connection of the very souls of two people, the latter is just an itch bein' scratched. Or the difference between a Tru Master beat and a Jermaine Dupri beat.

These days, people put their passions in all the wrong places and worse, try to justify that placement. It's really out of hand in the Hip-Hop community because the amount of what Katt Williams calls, "Smart-Dumb Niggaz" is growing by the second. Some people think that just because they know a few "big words" and happen to have read a few books that they're the smartest things on two feet and most of them look like fools with some of their theories and concepts.

I would only talk to people who earnestly seek something real for themselves. That's why I could never be as much of an activist as Dr. King or anyone like him because I can't stomach stupid people for that long. So God love 'em for that ability.

It definitely takes passion to make any kind of serious change though. I think the main problem, aside from arm-chair revolutionaries poppin' up all over the place, is the fact that a lot of people these days are just punks in the long run. They're not willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good and would rather fool themselves into thinking that playing Immortal Technique extremely loud is a revolutionary act.
It seem you need to take a vacation
Old 08-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
SG
Forever Upward

Blackwisdom

If you going to create a thread about African americans be multicultral and include or

create a thread about white, asian and latin slurs.

I'm not attacking you, african americans ......niggaz should not be main topic
Old 08-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #6
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Urban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal sonUrban_Journalz prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emblem View Post
It seem you need to take a vacation
Another contry is heard from via the usual placement of 2 cents. Another problem is people that have nothing but an opinion to contribute instead of something that's actually useful.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:39 PM   #7
SG
Forever Upward

Urban

When you publish a book I will read it, a job well done
Old 08-18-2007, 06:49 PM   #8
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Or the difference between a Tru Master beat and a Jermaine Dupri beat.

Quote:

True!

Nothing of any great magnitude can be achieved wothout great sacrifice. Some one had/has to do it. It's a rare breed who's ready, willing, and able to do it to death (for the love of life [mostly others']).

I applaud my Brothers and Sisters (and not just Black Brothers and Sisters) that are out there fighting the good fight. Good reply, thanks.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Old 08-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #9
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
in the clip, king seems to realize this and basically says fuck it this is useless and moves to canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
so i agree that if all black people focused on fixing their shortcomings they'd be able to improve their collective situation. as an individual, you can make those changes to yourself if you have a strong will. if you have children, you may be able to raise them in such a way to instill the right values in them. if you're truly morally righteous, a person as devoted as dr. king for example, you may be able to inspire those around you, those in your community, to live better lives. but to take it further than that, a widescale movement to improve the behaviors both innate and instilled in them by what they see around them everyday? i think it would take thousands of kings...
That's what institutions are for. We must establish new and magnify our existing positive and productive institutions. Dr. Karenga is one of the many who has the right idea. Movements can slow down, but foundations can remain stable for long durations. When I come into my economic independence I'm institution building like the Carnegies and Rothchilds. With a university and/or any other social structure you can assist in the molding off people. You feel me? Great points, thanks as always.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #10
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Blackwisdom

If you going to create a thread about African americans be multicultral and include or

create a thread about white, asian and latin slurs.

I'm not attacking you, african americans ......niggaz should not be main topic
I understand where you're coming from but Dr. King (I ment Aaron McGruder) was speaking on Niggaz. I thought I'd post this cause people seem to not understand the plight of so-called African Americans. I say so-called cause this is just the colored language that some of us are using today to describe ourselves. The plight of African Americans is the same plight of every other human on the globe. I'm just inately linked to this so-called African American struggle cause this is how I'm viewed, attacked, criticized, associated, fill out applications, etc. You feel me?

I'll use Asians as a good example of how to take over the ghetto economically, (wealthy land conquering) whites on how to acquire and maintain mass land and resources, and latin slurs as an example of how the same imperialism has conquered us all.

I feel you, Bro. Take care.

Old 08-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #11
SG
Forever Upward

Black

I wouldn't be quick to applause Urbanz words
Old 08-18-2007, 07:23 PM   #12
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

Quote:
Black

I wouldn't be quick to applause Urbanz words
There's always a method to my madness.

Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 PM   #13
Urban_Journalz
HANIF

Quote:
Urban

When you publish a book I will read it, a job well done
Don't do me any favors.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
IrOnMaN
{-____-}

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
I understand where you're coming from but Dr. King (I ment Aaron McGruder) was speaking on Niggaz. I thought I'd post this cause people seem to not understand the plight of so-called African Americans. I say so-called cause this is just the colored language that some of us are using today to describe ourselves. The plight of African Americans is the same plight of every other human on the globe. I'm just inately linked to this so-called African American struggle cause this is how I'm viewed, attacked, criticized, associated, fill out applications, etc. You feel me?

I'll use Asians as a good example of how to take over the ghetto economically, (wealthy land conquering) whites on how to acquire and maintain mass land and resources, and latin slurs as an example of how the same imperialism has conquered us all.

I feel you, Bro. Take care.
The reason why blacks are called "African American" is because our anesitors (spelling) came from African. Asian Americans, Iraqi American, Mexican Americans, and so fourth. They're all minorities, except for whites. Whites would be called "Americans" because they're the majority, blacks, asians, mexicans, arabs, etc, are the minority. Why can't we all just be called Americans? It's all about power, image, and control. Thanks.

IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 PM   #15
SG
Forever Upward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
The reason why blacks are called "African American" is because our anesitors (spelling) came from African. Asian Americans, Iraqi American, Mexican Americans, and so fourth. They're all minorities, except for whites. Whites would be called "Americans" because they're the majority, blacks, asians, mexicans, arabs, etc, are the minority. Why can't we all just be called Americans? It's all about power, image, and control. Thanks.
Cultural evolution