news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 08-20-2014, 01:44 AM   #1
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Earl Sweatshit offended by Taylor Slut

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...usaolp00000592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:39 AM   #2
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa

Shows he's a shock value rapper mostly. Goes for shocking content in his own lyrics, but is offended by that Swift vid. I guess he wants to 'protect the culture'.

A gazillion people make twerk vids but those who take themselves too seriously cry wolf when there's twerking in a White Devil's vid.

With Yeezy partycrashing on Swift & 'Lord' Jamar protecting the culture I'd say Lil' Earl can rest assured the Elder Statesmen of Hiphop will make sure no one gets violated lol.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:28 AM   #3
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
Shows he's a shock value rapper mostly. Goes for shocking content in his own lyrics, but is offended by that Swift vid. I guess he wants to 'protect the culture'.

A gazillion people make twerk vids but those who take themselves too seriously cry wolf when there's twerking in a White Devil's vid.

With Yeezy partycrashing on Swift & 'Lord' Jamar protecting the culture I'd say Lil' Earl can rest assured the Elder Statesmen of Hiphop will make sure no one gets violated lol.
Earl hasn't done 'shock' stuff for like 4 years back when he was 15/16 and following Tylers lead.

I think its about right, I watched the video and it does seem a bit steretypical.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:28 AM   #4
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Its a record company move pushing Taylor to suck their dicks and play into the stereotypes.

You know she's been gangbanged by all the record execs.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:35 AM   #5
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
Earl hasn't done 'shock' stuff for like 4 years back when he was 15/16 and following Tylers lead.

I think its about right, I watched the video and it does seem a bit steretypical.
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:25 AM   #6
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

Earl Sweatshirt perpetuates the stereotypes of white skateboard culture. He exploits it for his own personal gain.

He makes other black teens think its ok to wear VANS, attempt to "pop shove it" and steal caucasian slang like "radical, gnarly, & brah".

We caucs are growing tired of being pigeonholed, mocked and made fearful to eat mayonnaise sandwiches in public.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 11:30 AM   #7
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Bwahahahaaha mayonaise sandwiches
Old 08-20-2014, 09:05 PM   #8
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

???? She's having fun for a video. How can you call her out when a human like that IGGY chick exists on this earth. Especially with the exposure and influence she currently has. Early needs some attention period
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 09:49 PM   #9
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Thing is Taylor Swift will get shit for the video but she probably had little to do with the concept, even the director is not necessarily to blame. Its a lack of care on the medias part to not display stereotypes.

Swift isn't the first and won't be the last. So I agree with the feeling, but it goes nowhere.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 10:26 PM   #10
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

I see the point, this is just a bad example.
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 02:33 AM   #11
5th state
Pat down Dan Aykroyd

5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa5th state shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
Sorry, you must be right, I didn't check his latest album since I wasn't too impressed with the preceding one. Thanks for setting me straight.

I might check out his latest album now, find out what he has on offer lyrically these days.
Old 08-21-2014, 07:33 AM   #12
Punch
Veteran Member

Punch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkeyPunch iron monkey

Maybe Earl should watch the video before forming an opinion on it, then he can be as unjustifiably outraged as he wants.

Punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:28 AM   #13
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^Word..

With that said, I tried to watch it and that shit was terrible. Only thing offensive about it was how gotdamn awful it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
Sorry, you must be right, I didn't check his latest album since I wasn't too impressed with the preceding one. Thanks for setting me straight.

I might check out his latest album now, find out what he has on offer lyrically these days.

This track is magnificent.

As for his latest album, it didn't really click with me... Earl is dope though.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #14
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^Man, I think I should give Doris another chance tbh... I randomly saw this video just now

Dope af
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:54 AM   #15
daffy duck
Veteran Member

daffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkeydaffy duck iron monkey

Mark Romanek (director of the video) has responded to Earl's (and everyone else's) criticism:

"I'm a fan of his and I think he's a really interesting artist. (I posted a Vine to one of his tracks once.) But he stated clearly that he hadn't seen the video and didn't even intend to watch it. So, respectfully, that sort of invalidates his observations from the get-go. And it's this one uninformed tweet that got reported on and rehashed, which started this whole "controversy." We simply choose styles of dance that we thought would be popular and amusing and cast the best dancers that were presented to us without much regard to race or ethnicity. If you look at it carefully, it's a massively inclusive piece. It's very, very innocently and positively intentioned. And — let's remember — it's a satirical piece. It's playing with a whole range of music-video tropes and clichés and stereotypes."

"And this is why, I think, if Earl Sweatshirt was open-minded enough to take the four minutes to watch it, he might see what the larger, humanistic, and utterly color-blind message was intended to be."
daffy duck is offline   Reply With Quote