news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 AM   #196
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

whats it saying, as in the quotation bubble on the cover? or what is the music saying?

Cover says "Act Your Waist Size"

Musically i thought it was shit, then i thought it was dope. (Hifi -> Headphones)

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:32 AM   #197
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean michael View Post
whats it saying, as in the quotation bubble on the cover? or what is the music saying?

Cover says "Act Your Waist Size"

Musically i thought it was shit, then i thought it was dope. (Hifi -> Headphones)
lol.....I mean't the music.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 08:41 AM   #198
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ha, yeah well as i said, my first impression playing it through (my amazing, not wanting to be immodest) hi fi, was less than stellar. something about the low fi way its recorded (or intentionally made). some beats sound very grating played at a medium volume.

but now listening to it through headphones, its growing on me. some dope beats, and the tracks which Count Bassd rhymes on are pretty nice also.

i wouldnt recomend it to anyone haha, unless youve heard him before and are into his music. an obvious comparison would be MF Doom, but this is probably downplaying the uniqueness of both artists. His production most of the time foregoes sampling records, and instead a lot of it is sampled directly from his own playing. Which works most of the time, but for me makes some of the beats annoying, for want of a better word.

i still thinks its pretty good, will grow on me most likely.

so yeah, by all means check it out, but dont expect a head nodding album or anything.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #199
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

I just picked up:

Madlib - Beat Konducta In India

Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night

Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 AM   #200
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

JADA - KISS OF DEATH - dope!!
JADA - KISS THA GAME GOODBYE - dope as fuck!! ('Show Disipline is Ill, always loved that beat!!!)

Aka. Living Proof
www.myspace.com/hiphop4infinite
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #201
DJMethods
Wu Vatican

DJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
DJ Methods......heres a track from Reef's album to give you some idea what it's like.

Two Guns Up
13 - two guns up.mp3 - 4.94MB

This is a battle rap joint but it's not all like this though, I just really like this track.
Cheers man, that shits nice, what you expect from Reef.

Quote:
i thought the same, but now every time i go into Dada i end up buying way more than i intended to.

contact me when the store is up and running, ill be your chief finance officer
I'll end up doing it.. then be like the cunt in Black Books. Apparently theres a centerlink payment that pays you for doing a 6 week business course, then continues throughout the year to give you time to get on your feet.

We need a hip-hop dedicated store, reckon theres a market for it now.

Teachin Da SeedZ
DJMethods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 AM   #202
Longbongcilvaringz

The Bernard Black of Hip Hop.

i tried to get a job at Dada once, but they want career music shop people.

the guys there have some serious knowledge.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:14 AM   #203
DJMethods
Wu Vatican

DJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of furyDJMethods fist of fury

I thought about doing it.. but my customer service skills just aren't up to the skill of the old boy there.

Never really spoke to the downstairs people besides that chick, but old boy has some serious vinyl knowledge. Knows everything I buy.

You have a job as local wine-o when I get it up and running (hope im off here by then) as long as I can call you Manny and you grow your hair.

Teachin Da SeedZ
Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM   #204
Longbongcilvaringz

The guys downstairs have indepth knowledge of most genres from what i can tell.

The only wine i consume is goon, might need to up my wine game to get the gig.

manny and i are pretty similar in appearance, shouldnt be a hard transformation.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #205
DJMethods
Wu Vatican

Good, if all else fails we atleast have a sitcom lined up.

Teachin Da SeedZ
Old 11-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #206
urbanlegend
Romanista - One Love

urbanlegend grasshopper

Main Source - Breaking Atoms Re-Release with 9 Bonus Tracks

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:10 PM   #207
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^Theres a reissue?

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #208
urbanlegend
Romanista - One Love

urbanlegend grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
^^^Theres a reissue?

Yup. It wasn't a recent re-issue, but it's not the original album that was first released.

Info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakin...e_Bonus_Tracks

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:49 PM   #209

810 crouching tiger

i bought cassidy's b.a.r.s.
810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 06:45 PM   #210
ShaDynasty
Bastard Bastard Bastard

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend View Post
Yup. It wasn't a recent re-issue, but it's not the original album that was first released.

Info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakin...e_Bonus_Tracks
which version of 'fakin the funk' is that? cos ive been searching for the remix forever
It's my little cousin Daz and he's fucking my ho...
https://soundcloud.com/neyonshell
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote