news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #31
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I was shuffling through my notes from the Geophysics course I took a couple of years back because I'm taking an advanced Earth science course. Then I remembered this thread.

The funny thing is it was all the same guy who thought up all 3 theories. First about Earth shrinking, then Earth expanding, then plate tectonics. At the time the geophysicists laughed at him 3 times until his last theory proves successful.

There were still some geologists who thought Earth was expanding until state of the art seismological equipment could describe the chemistry along with temperature and pressure of each layer of Earth. If anything the chemistry and physical properties of each layer further proves the plate tectonics.

Thanks to the Cold War and the US government we had the state of the art geological equipment to figure out bowl tectonics.

The key is the evidence of bowl tectonics (thats what us in Earth science like to call plate tectonics for obvious reasons). If Earth was expanding, there would be plenty more diverging faults than converging fault lines by area. If you really want to add them all up it reaches an equilibrium.

The funniest part of the video is how they tell you the age of the basalt on the ocean floor is the same age. It shows little knowledge of what is actually happening at the mid Atlantic ridge. Did anyone here know that Earth's magnetic field switches polarity through geological time? The mid Atlantic ridge shows evidence of that.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM   #32
Black Man
Veteran Member

Black Man crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
I understand your concept, but don't think that it's really transferable to this situation.

Let me understand you right, let me write it out. Draw the shapes of the plates onto a deflated "round" baloon, blow the baloon up, then observe the baloon. If my imagination serves me correctly, the lines on the baloon will not move, therefore the size of the area inside of the lines will expand with the size of the baloon. Am I understanding you correctly?

So are you stating that the continents should've expanded with the expansion of the Earth? Please check me if I'm understanding you incorrectly.

Interesting post V4D3R.
THE LINES GET BIGGER AS THE BALLOON GETS BIGGER.
Black Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #33
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

up