news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 07-31-2005, 09:09 PM   #1
the8stricker

the8stricker grasshopper
Default What keeps you listening to Wu Tang?

My brother asks me this question everytime I play some Wu. I can't fully answer it though. Without Wu Tang in my cd collection, is impossible. I can say the reason why I'm feel'n Wu so much is because their different from the rest and their skills are nice.

I'm a fella that listen to raps from the 90s and thats it! Just about everything out is wack to me. I'm very selective with music that come out now. Raps from the 90s are the best, todays rap game isn't the same. Thats obvious, all you hear is fellas mak'n songs about possessions. Anybody can make a hit now.

First verse in More 2 A Song, DMX laid it down on that subject. Thats how I see much of the rap thats out right now.

I don't know how to explain myself about Wu. All I know is that the Wu is for certain po just like Raekwon said on WT Forever on The Closing. This is made for certain fans, certain supporters.

What keeps you listening to Wu?

Harlem's Finest
the8stricker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:29 PM   #2
Hollow Dartz
Banned

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz
Default Re: What keeps you listening to Wu Tang?

they same shit that u said is the same about me. wu is nice as shit.... if i get music from todays world im very picky , wu is just hot
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 11:28 PM   #3
basho
doc strange

basho grasshopper

From someone who listens to a lot of different shit there just ain't nothing better. They work(ed?) harder than anybody else to acheive nothing less than perfection. Beats, rhymes whatever. They're craftsmen. Instead of a quick in-and-out take the money and run like Meth says on Enter the 36. The WU-ethics, how they go about their life, no one can touch that cause it's just real intelligent shit and that's a big part of why Wu is always in the player damn near all day, everyday. My little brothers always on some fifty-cent shit and I listen to that....got its moments but the guys a better business man than MC far as I'm concerned....The Game is much better but still....I'm always real anxious to get back to some Tang. New shit just don't got the same typa love going in the music. I really don't know how else to explain it. Only one who came close to the Wu's level, IMO, is the Roots with that Things Fall Apart album. They did their shit and did it real well plus Black Thought probably the best MC going, even better when they got Malik B who I hope is feeling better....even so I don't listen to that nearlly as much as some of the more minor Wu Tang shit. That how it's gotta be.
basho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
deadlymelody
Wu Vatican

deadlymelody grasshopper

Its perfect rap music plain and simple.

And that's real talk with those first responses.
Old 08-01-2005, 01:00 AM   #5
Rayson
Zu Keeper

Rayson shaolin monk

their style is so original and I like that and da fact I want to get every wu-tang cd and I only have 34 cds still got 100 or 2 to go.

"Robbed of natural abilities
In death they now seek tranquility
In a confused state of mind
Extending agony,they must be blind"

Rayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:05 AM   #6
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Exactly 7th, Thats Da Same Reason I Stayed Blastin Wu For Da Past 12-13 Years, No Other Group On The Planet Has A Style Like Theirs......no One
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:12 AM   #7
Qwiffersniffer
Veteran Member

Qwiffersniffer grasshopper

I masturbate with my legs behind my head religusly while listening to 36 chambers. That usually keeps me going. - Q.
Qwiffersniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:06 AM   #8
gi0vanni
Swordsman

gi0vanni grasshopper

hahahah.

anyway...

wu-tang still sounds fresh no matter how many times i hear "up from the 36 chamberS" or whatever. that shit is just tight, raw and energetic. i never get tired of listening to wu-tang.

and yeah, it's like a neverending torrent of killa beez CDs t oo. if i'm sick of the generals i might pop in La the Dark or shyheim. wu-tang!
gi0vanni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:27 AM   #9
ShaolinDarts
Audio System/Diamond

ShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkeyShaolinDarts iron monkey

Firstly Wu albums are just too good to stop listening to and secondly there isn't much else to listen to apart from wu (unless i change to another genre of music which i can't be bothered to)

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon
ShaolinDarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 04:56 AM   #10
ol dirty abbot
shaolin shadowboxer

ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ol dirty abbot Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Something about their music you can listen to it over and over again you find new shit you aint heard before in a song you listened to like 100 times. Beats and Rhymes cant be touched

ol dirty abbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:17 AM   #11
9th Warrior
The Poet You Never Were

9th Warrior crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to 9th Warrior

i listen to wu cause every member brings sumthin different to the group. wu tang never gets old to me and i can listen to them all day everyday and not get sick of um.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:19 AM   #12
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Their lyrics never get old
Wu-Tality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:26 AM   #13
Analyze
Veteran Member

Analyze grasshopper

The current state of corniess, and have always been the illest niggas doing what they do. I pretty much grew up with them so it also brings back memories of what I was doing at the time when OB4CL and 36 chambers dropped.

Wu Forever
Analyze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 07:46 AM   #14
chiefa_19

chiefa_19 grasshopper

originality
Wu-4ever
chiefa_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:23 AM   #15
Oneman
Veteran Member

Oneman crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Oneman

wu's illness (in general).... the other rappers' whackness
Oneman is offline   Reply With Quote