news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Graphics Corner > GFX Battle Arena

Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #16
Hz Deep
Deeper Designz

Hz Deep grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
eh, w/e man. classsic hz. lots of talk little action.
In fairness to me, I've enjoyed our discussion as well, but I didn't come on here with the intention of battling you. I'm fully prepared to, like I said, and I intend to, but I'm not prepared to sack off someone who's paying me in favour of spending the time on sig battle.

I thought you might have named a theme by the time I checked back on here earlier today, and I could have spent some time this afternoon doing it. I don't think the time difference is doing us any favours though, it's now 6:20pm over here, and as my client has a day job, evenings are the only time he has for us to get together to discuss his site.

I have to drive 300 miles tomorrow, so I won't be doing shit online then, and I doubt my girlfriend will appreciate me spending time on her holiday battling on an internet forum, you get me?

You don't need to pick the theme until I'm ready to go, it's not like I'm begging to extend the deadline, or saying I WON'T battle you, or using the old classic "er.. I accidentally deleted PS".

I'm sorry, but real life takes priority over an internet forum for me.
Take this as a forfeit if you like, claim a victory... I'll start a new thread when I get back and we can call it a re-match if that makes you more comfortable!

Last edited by Hz Deep; 09-25-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Hz Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #17
STYLE

claiming vics when they are not earned is not my style . i was just doing my research last night and found some interesting behavior u exhibit. and you can act like u don't know what i'm talking about but we both know what i mean

but i was particularly upset to find you guilty of plagairism. especially when you went out of your way to accuse me of it.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:32 PM   #18
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

....when you gonna make some sigs?

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
Hz Deep
Deeper Designz

Hz Deep grasshopper

Quote:
claiming vics when they are not earned is not my style . i was just doing my research last night and found some interesting behavior u exhibit. and you can act like u don't know what i'm talking about but we both know what i mean

but i was particularly upset to find you guilty of plagairism. especially when you went out of your way to accuse me of it.

You've seriously been researching for a sig battle? I didn't realise we were meant to take it that seriously. When I get back I'll try and make an effort to read every post you've ever made.

Please do show me an example of me equating anything I did to shots from a tech9 or any other such retoric to something that was actually plagiarised? I think I stated before I've certainly used images and brushes or both, in stuff I've done in the past, but certainly not in any I'm particularly proud of.

Last edited by Hz Deep; 09-25-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Hz Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #20
Ya_Bane
I'm The Master MingLuKhan

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Theme suggestions:

American talkshows. Oprah, Ricky, Dr. Phil, whatever. Difficulty: tricky.

or

MP3-players. Difficulty: easier

Pick one
Old 09-25-2007, 05:00 PM   #21
Sean
Wu Vatican

Sean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of furySean fist of fury

Lol there's a fierce rivalry boiling up here, you just know they're both gonna spend days trying to make the best sig lol.

Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #22
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post

....when you gonna make some sigs?
when hz stops bullshittin.

HZ...
you should never enter any comp without knowing something about your opponent. I just wanted to peep your style. but it was sad that i had to dig back to 2005 to find a single graphic post from u. (Dojo sig)

but i found post upon post upon post of you criticizing other folks work. most of which i found to be personal opinion/taste. which falls in line with your logic. " if someone isn't doing what your doing or how you're doing it, its wrong"

you talk a good game but i found that when it comes time to produce something you always have an excuse and on numerous occasions it involves your girl wanting you to do something. so i figured that this was excuse your M.O.

i also don't appreciate you calling me a thief. my animation was made by me and me only. there is not another one out there in the world. you may not like it but that is besides the point. i find that you tend to pick and choose what is real technique and what is not, but have no real criteria, outside of your opinion, by which to judge.

by your own standards your sig is not art nor is it original. you may fool others but i know that the minor addition of your name to a stolen animation is not a big task. considering it takes 3 steps to make the 3d "hz". your material is preloaded default (nukai?)and you added 2 friggin lights. WEEE!! then you throw some random abstract colors in the bkg that don't even match the ball animation in scheme flavor nor context. and the execution of your concept was novice at best.

but yet on multiple occasions have questioned others creativity and originality for the very same process you display on a regular basis. and by returning to the idea that i stole something makes me think you are a liar as well since you retracted your accusation yesterday.

i just found your whole steelo to be negative hypocritical self righteous.

ahhhhhh....exhale.....now that i got all that off of my chest...... you still wanna battle? lol

just set the thread up when you are ready and i'll be there with bells on.

Last edited by STYLE; 09-25-2007 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:10 PM   #23
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya_Bane View Post
Theme suggestions:

American talkshows. Oprah, Ricky, Dr. Phil, whatever. Difficulty: tricky.

or

MP3-players. Difficulty: easier

Pick one
talkshows quite the original topic.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:25 PM   #24
Ya_Bane

Ya_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal sonYa_Bane prodigal son

Quote:
talkshows quite the original topic.

yeah I think it could be real interesting. Cuz you gotta leave that flashy sci-fi-ish backgrounds that 90% of the sigs around here got going on, and come up with something else.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #25
Ya_Bane

Also, one idea could be that you both send the complete sigs to someone when you're done, so that none of you get to see the others before he's done himself. You get what I'm saying. And then that person ups them at the same time when both are done. To make it 100% fair.

My PM-box got room if I can be viewed as objective enough. Or if you trust someone else more send it to him.

Anyway, I'm really interested to see how this tunes out, you got quite the heat built up.

PEACE
Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #26
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya_Bane View Post
yeah I think it could be real interesting. Cuz you gotta leave that flashy sci-fi-ish backgrounds that 90% of the sigs around here got going on, and come up with something else.
I don't think so...
the reason why "90% of the sigs" have these kind of backgrounds, is b/c they're a challenge to do (I can only speak for myself, at least those that I create are alot of work)

so I think you guys should do that differently

following rules (just my thoughts):

size: 360x130
smudged background required
C4D Render allowed
colors that have to be in the sig: dark-red, black
only stock brushes and effects

the rest is up to you

Last edited by Suga Duga; 09-25-2007 at 06:19 PM.
Suga Duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #27
STYLE

question: what is a smudged bkg? and why is that important to this battle if we can only use stock brushes.
there are prob some steps that you could eliminate by analyzing your workflow. it would save you some time. but i think what bane meant is that sci fi bkgs don't really fit the feel of oprah or ricki lake. they are softer feminine, jerry is comical with a layer of scum lol, phil is...hmmmm ....have to really think about that one. but its less of a teech issue and more of a concept issue.
i mean you could make a brushed scifi bkg with Oprah on it , but would that have the strongest impact and best visually convey your message?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Lol there's a fierce rivalry boiling up here, you just know they're both gonna spend days trying to make the best sig lol.
yup i love to compete, especially when emotions get involved. the best games are ones that have drama(ny/bos nicks/heat SD/NE Style/Hz)

Last edited by STYLE; 09-25-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #28
Suga Duga
1%

Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Suga Duga Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
question: what is a smudged bkg? and why is that important to this battle if we can only use stock brushes.
stock brushes: to prove your creativity, play around with the stock brushes

smudged background (not my sig, found it on a different forum, pretty weak but now you should know what a smudged background is):

Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM   #29
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
stock brushes: to prove your creativity, play around with the stock brushes

smudged background (not my sig, found it on a different forum, pretty weak but now you should know what a smudged background is):

so is smudged determined by the technique or look? i ask because like any look it can be created a million ways.

i would have used cloud filter and a b/w graphic pen filter with a overlay blend to get a similar effect.
i know you really like brushes man but i feel like you are limiting yourself by not exploring other options. not saying its easy or not dopelooking or unoriginal. just limited.

*edit*

plus you have so much real estate that can be used to convey your message. instead of filling it with ambiguous abstract shapes and colors why not use it to tell a story?

Last edited by STYLE; 09-25-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #30
Suga Duga
1%

Quote:
so is smudged determined by the technique or look? i ask because like any look it can be created a million ways.

i would have used cloud filter and a b/w graphic pen filter with a overlay blend to get a similar effect.
i know you really like brushes man but i feel like you are limiting yourself by not exploring other options. not saying its easy or not dopelooking or unoriginal. just limited.
ok