news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Graphics Corner > GFX Battle Arena

Old 09-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #31
Hz Deep
Deeper Designz

Hz Deep grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
when hz stops bullshittin.

HZ...
you should never enter any comp without knowing something about your opponent. I just wanted to peep your style. but it was sad that i had to dig back to 2005 to find a single graphic post from u. (Dojo sig)
Yep, sorry I used to post a lot more but kind of trailed off after the last big crash, I didn't realise there was a quota I was supposed to fill on here.

Quote:
but i found post upon post upon post of you criticizing other folks work. most of which i found to be personal opinion/taste. which falls in line with your logic. " if someone isn't doing what your doing or how you're doing it, its wrong"
That's a gross misinterpretation of "my logic". I agree that looking over my posts they will generally seem critical, but I at least try to be constructive most of the time.

I've alway's been under the impression that was why most people post their work, to judge it against various personal opinions/tastes. I know I've had my fair share of criticism in the past, and I see that as a positive thing, no matter who it comes from. Equally there are plenty of people posting stuff far from "what I was doing" who have recieved my praise in the past.

Quote:
you talk a good game but i found that when it comes time to produce something you always have an excuse and on numerous occasions it involves your girl wanting you to do something. so i figured that this was excuse your M.O.
I can see how you might think this, but normally this is in the case of not taking on additional requests for sigs, not turning down battles (in fact I think you'd be hard pushed to find even one example of this) This is in large part why I haven't posted for so long on here, let alone posted any graphics, a simple lack of spare time.

At the time of the post's you have been scrutinising so avidly, I was working, studying at uni, and involved in promoting music events in the city where I live, so the little spare time I had was often spare one minute then QT with the girlfriend the next.

Have you got a girl? If so when she asks you if you want to go do something, do you say "no thanks, I'm gonna stay here with my computer and make a sig for some random stranger I'm talking to on the internet"?

Quote:
i also don't appreciate you calling me a thief. my animation was made by me and me only. there is not another one out there in the world. you may not like it but that is besides the point. i find that you tend to pick and choose what is real technique and what is not, but have no real criteria, outside of your opinion, by which to judge.

so in your opinion this one might not have made me think your "original animation" statement was at least bending the truth a little. or do you not agree that it is an animation? of the same statue that you have created yours with? which has no other like it in the world?

This is the point from which our whole argument has been blown out of all proportion, I'm not picking and choosing what a real technique is, I simply misunderstood what must of happened. I assumed you had ripped a section of the original animation I have shown a lo-res example of above. When infact if I understand you correctly, you either found stills of the animation and re-created it without prior knowledge of the animated version, or you created the original animation for the website.

Quote:
by your own standards your sig is not art nor is it original. you may fool others but i know that the minor addition of your name to a stolen animation is not a big task. considering it takes 3 steps to make the 3d "hz". your material is preloaded default (nukai?)and you added 2 friggin lights. WEEE!! then you throw some random abstract colors in the bkg that don't even match the ball animation in scheme flavor nor context. and the execution of your concept was novice at best.
You sound a little upset now. Like I said this is old as time, it does look novice, I agree. It is also SOME OF THE FIRST 3D WORK I EVER DID (did you catch that this time) and if animating a popular basic shape with keyframes makes it stolen in your opinion, then it's stolen.

In regards to me "not fooling anyone" that has never been my intention in the slightest, infact as soon as someone asked me how I made text 3D, I responded with a video tutorial showing them exactly what I did (I might not have remembered that correctly though, maybe I told them to fuck off because they weren't an artist. Why don't you go check for me.)

Quote:
but yet on multiple occasions have questioned others creativity and originality for the very same process you display on a regular basis. and by returning to the idea that i stole something makes me think you are a liar as well since you retracted your accusation yesterday.
Indeed I did retract that acusation yesterday, but I was simply trying to make you understand the context that made me react that way again (which you seemed to have grasped at the time) after YOU returned to the idea that you stole something "but i was particularly upset to find you guilty of plagairism. especially when you went out of your way to accuse me of it."

Quote:
i just found your whole steelo to be negative hypocritical self righteous.

ahhhhhh....exhale.....now that i got all that off of my chest...... you still wanna battle? lol

just set the thread up when you are ready and i'll be there with bells on.
A negative, hypocritical, self righteous, liar... and I was just starting to like you too.

Sorry, but I retain my right to be critical based on my opinion, If more people were, I think we wouldn't have threads commenting on the stagnant state of the sigs around here. Why just hang out in here dickriding? if the general concensus is to post work and ask for an ego massage and a blow-job, as opposed to comments and CRITICISM then sorry I'll try to just keep my mouth shut.

You suggested the battle, so if now that you've got that little bout of character assasination off your chest and you still want to? lol, then I'm there... I'll start the thread or bump this one when I get back.
Goodnight.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Hz Deep
Deeper Designz

Hz Deep grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GFX View Post
stock brushes: to prove your creativity, play around with the stock brushes

smudged background (not my sig, found it on a different forum, pretty weak but now you should know what a smudged background is):

Quote:
so is smudged determined by the technique or look? i ask because like any look it can be created a million ways.

i would have used cloud filter and a b/w graphic pen filter with a overlay blend to get a similar effect.
i know you really like brushes man but i feel like you are limiting yourself by not exploring other options. not saying its easy or not dopelooking or unoriginal. just limited.

*edit*

plus you have so much real estate that can be used to convey your message. instead of filling it with ambiguous abstract shapes and colors why not use it to tell a story?
Carefull man, you almost criticised it based on your own taste/opinion, infact I'm not sure you didn't, or is that just my opinion... woah my head hurts, when I try to apply all these rules to my opinions.

Seriously though, I agree that the theme itself should be enough to limit us, as opposed to any particular technique or another.

Do you want to decide on it so early though, or shall we wait until I return, although I like the idea of an alternative theme like chat shows as well. Takes us out of the realm of the generic right from the start, but then we could look at that as a helping hand rather than an extra challenge? maybe keeping the theme close to the usual clichés would make it harder to take it somewhere original? just thoughts, like I said I'm happy with whatever.

Nice new sig btw, that mat kind of looks a little like candy though, and you applied a deformer! did you take the strength all the way to 100% WEEE!!!
See, we can both be pedantic. It really does look hot though, nice work.

Last edited by Hz Deep; 09-25-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Hz Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #33
STYLE

but what you failed to mention that your gif is now the second animation of its kind. because a qtvr is NOT an animation a qtvr is a STATIC method of viewing multiple angles of an object. you animated the qtvr by converting it into a gif.
now if you remove the bkg of each frame add lighting effects, animate a flashing traffic light and add additional fx to each frame then you would have reproduced my shit. which i would consider original.

but my point remains...why bring it up in the 1st place? especially when your sig has others work on display. its like me pointing and saying "everybody look! hz got a big booger hanging!" but at the same time my nose has crust in the left nostril.
I think you were just being a hater.

I used to just swallow it if someone pissed me off. but as i got older i learned to let it out and move forward. so yeah i'm done.

but hellz yeahz we have a Talk Show Battle on deck. new thread coming and lets throw some dirt on this one.
Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #34
Hz Deep
Deeper Designz

Hz Deep grasshopper

Maybe I was being a bit of a hater, like I admitted quite quickly, I didn't mean to seem so confrontational about it.

I've got call it a night, believe it or not I really have got to drive 300 miles tomorrow.
Pz.

Last edited by Hz Deep; 09-25-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Hz Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #35
STYLE

well they say haters are motivators and actually you motivated me to completely break out of the mold on this new sig. and it think i'm gonna stay away from any "deadhorse" styles as well. so in a way you did me a favor. lol
now come here and give me a hug. lol
Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #36
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

^ive never seen a .gif file as crazy as that

Im in awe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bandana View Post
you dont want me coming around dressed in black homie
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Honestly dude, this is why I want to go to hell. Hell is crackin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crump Diddy View Post
Did I scare you?
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #37
KidSha
aka Hennessey on friday

KidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killaKidSha shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to KidSha

Looking forward to the battle, I cheer for Hz deep just cause we go way back.. yo style i like that new sig your sporting...

PEACE

KidSha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 04:27 PM   #38
Razorsharp
Take It Personal

Razorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killaRazorsharp shaolin masta killa
Send a message via AIM to Razorsharp Send a message via MSN to Razorsharp Send a message via Yahoo to Razorsharp

if i dont see a sig battle soon, i will close this thread...

sorry Hz, u my boi, but some sigs need to be thrown up for a battle... and style... jus stick to the thread?

i didnt read thru all the jargon, but i only saw like 2 sigs, made by GFX

"P"

Throw Ya W's Up!
Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #39
Scáth Bán
Just-Ice

Scáth Bán grasshopper

Quote:

stylemaster rolls by the contests and sprays 32 shots with his tech 9.

DUCK!!!!!

and yes thats an orig animation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hz Deep View Post
I guess by "orig" you must mean 'originally ripped from a quictime 360 vr of a marvel statue I downloaded

Say what you want about my sigs or what you consider original but that's fucking hilarious
Scáth Bán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #40
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scáth Bán View Post
Say what you want about my sigs or what you consider original but that's fucking hilarious
you don't seem to understand that a quickime vr is not animated. but theres plenty of room on the hater wagon. lets settle it with a battle. me vs you, u can pick the topic.
Old 09-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #41
Scáth Bán
Just-Ice

Scáth Bán grasshopper

Quote:
you don't seem to understand that a quickime vr is not animated. but theres plenty of room on the hater wagon. lets settle it with a battle. me vs you, u can pick the topic.
Alright. Tissue Boxes, you go first.
Scáth Bán is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #42
STYLE

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scáth Bán View Post
Alright. Tissue Boxes, you go first.
setting up thread now