news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

Old 01-24-2008, 08:00 AM   #1
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk
Default Big Pun - Endangered Species

Endangered Species is a compilation of unreleased tracks, guest appearances, and greatest hits by the late rapper Big Pun, released in 2001 following his death in February 2000. The proceeds from the album were to be given to Pun's widow, Liza Rios, and their three children, but despite reaching a peak chart position of #7, the album only went gold. Partly because the album mainly consist of music previously released, it was a decline in sales from his previous two which both sold more than 1 million copies. Liza Rios also claims to have only received a small royalty check from the sales of Endangered Species, and in response, auctioned off her husband's Terror Squad medallion in July 2005.

The single from the album was "How We Roll", featuring R&B singer Ashanti on the chorus. Fellow rapper and close friend Fat Joe, who was also the compilation's executive producer, revealed in the liner notes of the album that the title chosen for the compilation was in fact the original title for 2000's Yeeeah Baby. In a move that is somewhat unusual for many hip hop releases, all of Pun's lyrics were included in the booklet of the disc, partly due to the limited amount of promotional tools available to the label, and partly because of a desire to emphasize Pun's technique as a lyricist.

"Intro" – 0:15
"You Ain't a Killer" – 3:52
Produced by Young Lord
"Twinz (Deep Cover '98)" (featuring Fat Joe) – 3:48
Produced by Big Pun & Fat Joe
Contains: "Deep Cover" (Andrι Young, Calvin Broadus)
"Whatcha Gon Do" (featuring Terror Squad) – 3:07
Produced by Juju Gigante of The Beatnuts
"How We Roll" (featuring Ashanti) – 3:34
Produced by Irv Gotti & Tru Stylze
"Still Not a Player" (featuring Joe) – 3:58
Produced by Knobody and Dahoud & Nomad
"Off the Books" (feat. The Beatnuts, Cuban Link) – 2:48
Produced by The Beatnuts
"Words from Nore" – 0:52
Performed by Noreaga
"Banned from T.V." (featuring Noreaga, Jadakiss, Styles P, Nature, Cam'ron) – 4:19
Produced by Swizz Beatz
"Mamma" (featuring Tony Sunshine) – 4:16
Produced by Alchemist
"The Beat Box" – 0:14
"Brave in the Heart" (featuring Terror Squad) – 3:56
Produced by VIC and Mike Heron
Scratches by DJ LV
Contains: "KRS-One Attacks" (Lawrence Parker, Chris Martin); "Making Believe That It's You" (Barry White, Emmett North)
"The Dream Shatterer (Original Version)" – 3:19
Produced by Buckwild
Contains: "Under the Influence of Love" (Barry White, Paul Politi)
"Words with Fat Joe" – 0:37
Performed by Fat Joe
"John Blaze" (featuring Fat Joe, Nas, Raekwon, Jadakiss) – 4:06
Produced by Ski
Scratches by DJ Spinbad for Cold Cuts Crew
"My World" – 3:29
Produced by EZ EIPee
"Pina Colada" (featuring Ruff Ryders, Sheek Louch) – 4:09
Produced by Swizz Beatz
"Top of the World (Remix)" (featuring Brandy, Fat Joe) – 3:48
Produced by Darkchild
"Livin' la Vida Loca (Remix)" (featuring Ricky Martin, Fat Joe, Cuban Link) – 2:43
Produced by Tone & Poke from Track Masters
"Fire Water" (featuring Fat Joe, Armageddon, Raekwon) – 4:15
Produced by Show
"Classic Verses (Drop It Heavy and Fantastic 4)" – 2:18
Contains: "Drop It Heavy" (Lawrence Parker); "Fantastic 4" (DJ Clue)
"Freestyle with Remy Martin" – 1:33
Produced by Sean Cane
Contains: "Everything Godd To You (Ain't Always Good)" (Sammy Taylor)
"Wishful Thinking" (featuring Fat Joe, Kool G Rap, B-Real) – 4:00
Produced by Show
"How We Roll '98" – 4:07
Produced by Rashad "Tumblin Dice" Smith and K-Cut
Contains: "Let's Wait Awhile" (Melanie Andres, Janet Jackson, James Harris, Terry Lewis)

This shit's real nice 9/10
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:03 AM   #2
Jeru
Non Ignorant

Jeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of furyJeru fist of fury
Send a message via AIM to Jeru Send a message via MSN to Jeru

Has some good shit yeah, but it is just a compilation...7/10

Winner of The Masta Killa Award 2007
New and Improved Cool List © : Everybody
© The Cool List name and product is protected under the laws of I used it first.All rights reserved
Jeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
David Daniel Davis
-

David Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venomsDavid Daniel Davis five deadly venoms

Fifteen year anniversary today. I appreciate getting the songs that were left on the cutting room floor from the Capital Punishment and Yeah Baby sessions. My World is the best of all the new joints. Audiophiles will want to add this one to their list of subwoofer straining classics such as Gripping the Grain, Throw It Up and Late Night Tip.
David Daniel Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #4
Lee Towers
N.I. Crooner

Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lee Towers Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this was put together very well, a great tribute to Pun. I like it better than Yeah Baby, whose second half was very questionable

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rame View Post
Why do you come to Wu-Corp for sympathy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
Jesus gon save us
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I'm not scared of General Chat. I just don't post to the topics because a lot of them are ignorant. So I would rather post in the rap forum, sports forum and movies forum.
Lee Towers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:51 PM   #5
CharlesJones
-

CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CharlesJones Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I've never heard this album and I'm gonna have to check it out on Youtube. I watched his I'm Not A Player video yesterday and I was surprised to see r&b group The Ojays in it LOL. I think he put them in the video because he was scared they were gonna sue him for sampling their song Darlin Darlin Baby LOL.

About that life

Quote:
The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
Quote:
I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #6
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The mix is different on "Off The Books" on this compilation compared to the version on The Beatnuts album. I like them both.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote