news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 13 25.49%
9 18 35.29%
8 12 23.53%
7 3 5.88%
6 1 1.96%
5 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #46
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
a really great album...its two years older than Illmatic, but the lyrics are like 10 years older....a classic, i love this album
Illmatics lyrics were beautiful in there simplicity...the way he spit them, the structure...that was a lyrically perfect album.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:17 PM   #47
B.O.N.E.

B.O.N.E. grasshopper

"The Message" is a bad ass tune.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #48
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

8/10.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:17 AM   #49
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
Illmatics lyrics were beautiful in there simplicity...the way he spit them, the structure...that was a lyrically perfect album.
well yeah, but It Was Written feels like a more deeper album than Illmatic, still Illmatic is a different kind of a rap album I would say...not so mainstream as this one -> and it has the same greatness
DR. NICK RIVIERA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:56 PM   #50
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

I like this album even more than Illmatic. Live Nigga Rap is tha dopest track on this album. Nas Is Coming is wack as fuck..... Street Dreams,I Gave you Power, Affirmativa Action etc. are classics too. I'd give this album a 8,5 or 9 /10
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:04 AM   #51
Deity Allah
Veteran Member

Deity Allah grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Deity Allah

Personally, this is one of my favorite albums of all-time and I feel as though it is Nas's best album. My favorite joint on it is "Watch Them Niggaz" which is my favorite Nas joint period. The only song I didn't like on this album was "Nas is coming" but everything else was heat.

This album is an enigma because for whatever reason, as a collective, people could never get a good baseline on it pertaining to if they liked it or they didn't. I like it that way though. Again, classic!
Deity Allah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:23 AM   #52
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

It was good but i don't think is as great as alot of people say (and definetly not better than Illmatic, not even close). I don't know, i'm just not really a fan f Nas' mafioso raps; Album had some very nice tracks and all, but the only standout track to me was "I Gave You Power".
Old 07-23-2007, 05:37 AM   #53
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

2. The Message

my favorite Nas track ever.................

this gets an 8 from me cause I was like everyone else looking for Illmatic 2

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:55 AM   #54
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbound View Post
8 pretty nice, nothing groundbreaking really
nothing ground-breaking? i gave you power is absolutely revolutionary. i mean that dude was a gun, straight up, he was a gun on that track. ain't nobody ever did shit like that in the game before
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:57 PM   #55
FiRe WaTeR

FiRe WaTeR grasshopper

This album is better than Illmatic. My favorite album ever. The Message, I Gave You Power, Nas is Coming, Afirmitive Action, If I ruled The World are all amazing.
FiRe WaTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #56
IronFingaz7
NOBLE SCITY

IronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkeyIronFingaz7 iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to IronFingaz7 Send a message via MSN to IronFingaz7

This is my favorite Nas album.

P.E.A.C.E.
IronFingaz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:05 PM   #57
fortyglock
Veteran Member

fortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal sonfortyglock prodigal son

Quote:
nothing ground-breaking? i gave you power is absolutely revolutionary. i mean that dude was a gun, straight up, he was a gun on that track. ain't nobody ever did shit like that in the game before
Actually Stray Bullet by Organized Konfusion was the first song to rap from the perspective of a gun...or the first one that I know of, but Nas certainly wasn't the first to do it, although his version was real ill.

As for the album, I'd rate it 9/10, an excellent follow up to Illmatic, possibly one of the best follow up albums in hip hop. To me this is a very well thought out album, which is listenable from start to end.
fortyglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 AM   #58
Dante
Devils never cry

Dante grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Dante Send a message via Yahoo to Dante

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshotstheone View Post

Organized Konfusion - Stray Bullet

He was the bullet.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #59
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^ My thoughts.

Anyways, I'll give this a 9.5/10... best Nas album. The Message, I Gave You Power+++ straight up classic joints!
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:51 PM   #60
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

Yep, tha best album Nas ever released. 9.5/10
lyrics 10/10 beats 9/10
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote