news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Rating
10 13 25.49%
9 18 35.29%
8 12 23.53%
7 3 5.88%
6 1 1.96%
5 4 7.84%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #91
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Just started playing this again cos it's been a while and all I have to say is damn, what a fucking great album. Nas followed up a classic with another classic imo, you just can't fuck with his lyrics on this, and whoever says the beats are shit needs to wake the fuck up, I counted only one weak joint. 9/10

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:17 PM   #92
Thworldisyours
PRODIGAL SUN

Thworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkeyThworldisyours iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
I'd barely give it 8/10. really good album though, but some of the tracks wasn't all that.. "the message", "i gave you power" and "shootouts" is some of nas dopest though. i just didn't like how all of a sudden he was this large gangster/killer.. it doesn't feel real, although the flow and wordplay is purely amazing!
And isn't that what matters??? You know, I never really cared if a lyricist was really living the shit he was talking about... If the music is good, it's good regardless...

Lyrics, Wordplay, Beats... but most importantly, his flow is relentless... Everything is impeccable... 10/10... And I also never understood why Black Girl Lost gets so much hate from people... I always liked it...

It seems like people hate on IWW because it wasn't Illmatic which is stupid really... IWW is a completely different album than Illmatic but that doesn't make it a bad album... It's a classic and it just MIGHT be Nas' best overall album...
Thworldisyours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #93
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i listened to "it was written" again for the first time in a long while and it made me change my mind. this is definitely nas 2nd best album after "illmatic", i'd give it 9.5/10. classic, no doubt!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:21 PM   #94
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thworldisyours View Post
And isn't that what matters??? You know, I never really cared if a lyricist was really living the shit he was talking about... If the music is good, it's good regardless...
GZA - Luminal is a good example...

Was Genius ever a psychophat?

(well ok, there is a thin line between crazy and genius tho...)
Old 12-05-2007, 03:59 PM   #95
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
GZA - Luminal is a good example...

Was Genius ever a psychophat?

(well ok, there is a thin line between crazy and genius tho...)
that's way different though, gza makes it clear that it is a story we're listening to. it's like accusing an actor for not being the role he plays in real life. but with nas he really tried to be something he never were and it reflects in the music in a way that it doesn't sound true to himself. so it definitely can affect the music; although with It Was Written, nas gets away with it becuz the LP is just that damn good.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #96
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

How did some of these herbs give this an average rating. Even 6 & 7s? If this isn't a classic, it's the closest thing to it.

I swear if the first post stated classic, half of the dickriders in here would of went with that over their own opinion.
Old 12-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #97
SikoCeLL

SikoCeLL crouching tiger

Are people thick??

This album is not a Classic.
SikoCeLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:26 PM   #98
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive X View Post
Shit's a personal classic...it's a wintertime joint. You gotta walk around your neighborhood with this bumpin' in ya walkman/mp3 player when there's ice on the ground and snow covering the grass. It's not a summer, spring, or fall album.
Nah I'd definitely say it's a Summertime album, got that whole Golden feel to it, it's got a warmth for sure.

But that is a problem for me on this album - all the songs have a similar feel, like beyond cohesion and then it ventures into same ol' beat 12 times over area.

Great album regardless.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #99
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

10 for me,i totally enjoy it till this day

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #100
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

If you compare it to God's Son, Nigger, and Illmatic you can't really say this is a classic.
But a good album overall.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:16 PM   #101
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
If you compare it to God's Son, Nigger, and Illmatic you can't really say this is a classic.
But a good album overall.
IWW is 10 times as good as Nigger
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #102
claaa7
Killer Bob

It Was Written is by far much better than Stillmatic, God's Son and The NaS word.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
Old 12-21-2008, 06:29 AM   #103
YungSunny
Buddha Blessed

YungSunny drunken mastaYungSunny drunken masta

Considering this is a wu-tang forum, I see why you think that.
Old 12-21-2008, 06:48 AM   #104
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungSunny View Post
Considering this is a wu-tang forum, I see why you think that.
stop being such an attention whore, Nigger wasn't that good, seriously, IWW was and is my fav. Nas album. Beats are bangin', maybe not as hard as on Illmatic, but lyrically he killed your mother, bought her a hat and drove past the police station a few times.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:34 AM   #105
Crack Killz
ADEPT

Crack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Crack Killz Send a message via MSN to Crack Killz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
stop being such an attention whore, Nigger wasn't that good, seriously, IWW was and is my fav. Nas album. Beats are bangin', maybe not as hard as on Illmatic, but lyrically he killed your mother, bought her a hat and drove past the police station a few times.
lmao..

anyway..

Def a great fucking album, The Message is my fav track period...

9/10

Crack Killz is offline   Reply With Quote