news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #1
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default The Geography Thread

Sometimes people state what is going on in the world by regurgitated media.

I am making this thread for you to tell about a place on Earth that you have physically been to and how it affected your view of the world.

1. My travels to Egypt has proved to me beyond my academic knowledge of C14 dating how inaccurate it can be if not done right. Many thieves there are in Cairo...need to watch your pockets all the time....pick pockets can actually become rich if you're good enough...but you can also get hands, feet chopped off.

2. In New Guinea I have met the tribes people that live mostly off the land. Very smart in their way....pretty much walking encyclopedias of what each plant species there are around there and their uses, what mushrooms are edible, and what different rocks can be used for. In the forest they are constantly picking up things unfamiliar to them, fiddling with them and thinking of ways they could use it to their advantage.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 AM   #2
SG
Forever Upward

SG crouching tigerSG crouching tiger

I thought there was no place like NEW YORK CITY but I was wrong, JAPAN took me by surprise. The people were cool.

The nightlife is the same as if you were here in the United States. I thought it would be different, but it lets me know cultures do cross paths(meet)

Watching them dance to HIPHOP was something else
Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 AM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Nigeria is like another world in it's self. I guess most of africa would also be like that, just so different from the US.

I went there and it made me realize how real the world is and how much of a fascade the US way of life it. I took a piss in a hotel bathroom, flushed it, it wouldn't flush, then turned the water on to take a shower and my piss shoots out of it. lol

thank god i wasn't there but it made me realize "This is how the majority of the world is living"

On my way from Lagos (finanicial capital) to my village we got stop by close to 30 cops all demanding bribes with akas to our face.

But in the chaos of it all there's something beautiful about it, and it only sounds worst then it feels cause when your there your just lost and akas to the face doesn't feel like a big deal.

Everyone is incredibly happy. Its mainly cause they're also as religious, but EVERYONE is always laughing and joking with you or trying to help you out even when you don't need it.

the girls that like you hit on you by cooking you food and bringing you your shoes in the morning and they are amoung the most beautiful women on the planet.

Idk what the nightlife is like, but i got a good glimpse, my uncle through a party in a banquet hall he rented and it was like 100 dudes arre 3 girls getting mobbed on lol!

Everyone loves to dance, there's no such a thing as sitting there in a party, they'll think your sick cause shyness doesn't exist there. Am not even playing

but with the 100 guys and 3 girl ratio you still have a great time cause for some reason you REALLY don't think about sex at all when your there.

it's not a very sexual culture and kissing is a new phenomia, i also learned americans are so sexual cause they're bored.

the family life is the best too. 200 people that are 100% down for you and would take a bullet for you and anyone you know. At night i got to my backyard and they just tell me stories of our history like how my great great grandfather was a warrior that cut chiefs heads off and stole their wives lol. gank-sta.

there's just a lot of love and fun there, my uncle was bored for the first time when he came to the US and thought he was sick lol.

oh and the kids. they outnumber adults 10 to 1 it seems and they're all HILARIOUS and veeryy smart. If you don't watch out they' steal everything you own and playing a game with them is more trouble then it's worth cause they'll cheat in 400 ways you've never heard of, but they're great, If you enter you village they just mosh you, 60 booger nosed son of the sons of bitches covered in dirt and food climbing all over you asking you for balloons and chewing gum lol.

Oh and the fights are also a great sight. These ppl argue like theres no tomorrow and they're hilarious about it, constantly fighting and shit but the next morning everythings cool. My language doesn't have a word for beef or a grudge, if you got a problem your very open about it and the arguement doesnt end until it's settled, and it just makes for good entertainment, like when the local drunkard kept coming to our village(hes not fam) and hanging out with my drunkass uncle. Watching him was like watching ODB, but he got out of hand and wouldn't shut up and started being and asshole so my aunt picked him up and threw him in the bushes lol.

it's fucking great, also a lot of cool shit for tourist, but if you want the realness go to a village.(and village it's what you see on discovery channel, it's basicallly a small town dominated by your family)
__________________________________________________ ___________

It changed my view of the world in 1000 different ways. Idk where to start when it comes to that, any aspect of thought was changed for me, but essentially i realized what the world was and the importance of religion(im not religious),family, happiness, and that learning about Africa from the media is the stupidest fucking thing ever cause that's under a western lens and they're 1000% different in everyway.

Like my teacher told me the life expectancy in Nigeria was 49. At 19 im still considered a small child, and my 49yr old relatives look like they're 28(no lie). I kept hitting on girls that were 26-28 cause they looked my age but the gay part was your not supposed to talk to older women like that and i had NO fucking clue how old anyone was. The girls my age looked 15....fuck that lol.

They also talk about Europe having a lot of "culture" cause it has a bunch of buildings and culture isn't something you can "measure" its a way of life, period, and culture is law in africa.

I also learned that race is an entirely american/western invention. People don't hate people there because of race, tribe yes cause there's history and they're still human, but even after colonialism they fuckin LOVE white people cause they make quality ping pong tables according to my cousin LOL

Last edited by TSA; 10-19-2007 at 09:50 AM.
TSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
CrEAM

CrEAM grasshopper

ahahah thats pretty cool id love to visit NIgeria (or anywhere out of North America for that matter).
Nigerian people are great and the food is good (like the sow thing i duno if im speeling it correctly). My neighbours are Nigerian one time they had a barbeque ... flipping music u can hear from a block away ahahahh it was crazy. they really know how to have fun.
CrEAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

russia was crazy. i went to st petersburg and the first thing i saw was how their economy was shifting to where people are basically thrilled to have a car and sit in traffic. they dont follow the lines and just having a car was great to them. i also saw some of the most amazing churches youve ever seen where they put blue tarps over them during the war so they wouldnt get bombed. also the hermitage is the most impressive museum in the world bar none and i was shocked that even 20 or so years ago they had da vincis just exposed with the windows open and no thought of it. i went to the peterhoff and had dinner at catherine the greats summer palace, and if there is a place in the world where there was more class stratification than russia, i dare you to prove it to me. you go from walls of gold to peasants in that order. fascinating, strange, prime example of seeing the very very few leading millions

i went with my dad here are some pics to try to put the summer palace in perspective

caviar and fois gras and vodka out the ass
Old 10-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #6
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrEAM View Post
ahahah thats pretty cool id love to visit NIgeria (or anywhere out of North America for that matter).
Nigerian people are great and the food is good (like the sow thing i duno if im speeling it correctly). My neighbours are Nigerian one time they had a barbeque ... flipping music u can hear from a block away ahahahh it was crazy. they really know how to have fun.
hahahah

that sounds about right lol

and props on knowing what sew is

when your there, eating the authentic shit, your in heaven

my aunt is the best cook of all time(and i'll defend that with my life)

she made this rice that i keep eating and eating, i couldn't stop, my stomach hurt, i had so much in me that i could sneeze rice, and i was getting sick from eating too much, but i couldn't stop cause it was that fucking good lol.

it was better then sex
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM   #7
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by froth View Post
russia was crazy. i went to st petersburg and the first thing i saw was how their economy was shifting to where people are basically thrilled to have a car and sit in traffic. they dont follow the lines and just having a car was great to them. i also saw some of the most amazing churches youve ever seen where they put blue tarps over them during the war so they wouldnt get bombed. also the hermitage is the most impressive museum in the world bar none and i was shocked that even 20 or so years ago they had da vincis just exposed with the windows open and no thought of it. i went to the peterhoff and had dinner at catherine the greats summer palace, and if there is a place in the world where there was more class stratification than russia, i dare you to prove it to me. you go from walls of gold to peasants in that order. fascinating, strange, prime example of seeing the very very few leading millions

i went with my dad here are some pics to try to put the summer palace in perspective

caviar and fois gras and vodka out the ass
Russia's amazing, never been, but ya know what i mean lol.

your russian i assume, right?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth

no im a cracker from the south, i went for a few days a few years ago
Old 10-24-2007, 12:07 AM   #9
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

oh ic.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:40 AM   #10
SG
Forever Upward

SG crouching tigerSG crouching tiger

Conversating with the Puerto Ricans of Puerto Rico i got a good understanding why they must come to New York.

Them coming makes my place (my home) more beautiful.

I'm at that point of sharing...its whats in your heart.

There culture is full of Knowldge (peace Mangani)!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #11
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

Israel was crazy.

Sleeping in beduin camps(as authentic as a beduin camp in 21st century can be).
It had water and electricity, but still it wasn't nothing like the comfort of the modern world.
Food was phenomenal, them beduins have really great lamb meat, and the strongest coffee you will ever taste.

And also you will never see stars so bright as in the desert by night.

I was in Tzvat, that is the town on the north of israel(one of the 4 holy towns for jews), known for it's religious jew inhabitants. Really crazy little town, literally carved in mountain, with blue windows and small streets, also known as the center of the Caballah teachings in (its for all you know-it all-wanna be incorporated in east culture -mystics and experts) and it was center of mystical teachings in 16th century.

(not mine pictures)

There we had a "presentation" from a local cabalist painter(an ex-hippy from US!!), in his gallery obviously under strong influence of caballah and some cannabis(i'm pretty sure)

I've been in Kibutz on the border with Leban, which is the toughest hood you ever been to, with toughest people you ever met, except for Gaza where it was too real to take us. People there(on the north) have very extreme views, and are very anti muslim because of the constant battles with hamas.

While we were in the dessert we heard an explosion from the gaza, although we were on the opposite side of the country, but since it is all flat sound easily travels through vast areas. It was painful reminder how this country still fights with its inner differences.

The people of israel is great, and i mean all the people, but the politics of the Jewish state is just foul and they are to cocky also(i mean politics).

I've been to small society of African Americans that god knows how, came to Israel and inhabited some mountains in the eastern part of country, they have their own religion, which i forgot how it's called. they have several prophets and most interesting thing is that you cannot convert to their faith, and if some of them converts to some other faith they are kicked out of society for good.

So that is the only society that i ever seen or heard of, on our beloved planet, that doesn't have any tendencies to expand.

The people are so adjusted to suicide bombings, wars, airplanes flying over their heads, and fully loaded rifles, that its unreal. They are very friendly and pleasant, which i wasn't expecting that much.

All i have to say is that the whole diversity and exotic mix of cultures in this part of world cannot leave you indifferent.

Last edited by Shogah; 10-07-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #12
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Lived in Beijing for a little over 18 months. My whole fam moved there cause my pops got a promotion but it was in china. Lol. Anyway, anyway at that time 1995, china was about to bust open with westernization. When we got there there was only one McD in Beijing, a city of 14M people, when we left there was 13 in the city along with pizza hut subway and dunkin donuts.

my point is that I was able to see the traditional china as opposed to the new powerhouse china. People still wearing Mao suits, chickens running around, hutong villages which is the oldstyle ghetto homes that are tightly packed in with the labrynth of alleys.

I really immersed myself in the culture. I read spoke ate lived as a Chinese kid. I would go for a week at a time not speaking any English. At the time, very very few people spoke it.

Shaolin was dope, if you can imagine 10k+ kungfu students aged from 3 to elderly. It was an army of ass kickers.
Qingdao was weird it was a German colony and was then taken back by the Chinese. So it looks like Germany was invaded by china. Red roof Tudor bldgs and cobblestone streets. And of course Qingdao is the Chinese beer Capitol due to the German breweries and knowledge.

Saw the terra-cotta army in Xian. Each statue was unique and was a model of a real soldier. A whole army of them along with horses chariots and weapons. Life sized.

Went to hong kong a few times when we got homesick for western culture. It's like being in Chinatown in any major city in the us. But they all had gay Brit accents.

Climbed mt. Taishan. It's a pilgrimage for Chinese. It's said that Mao wrote the national anthem while watching the sunrise at the summit. It's literally a seemingly infinite set of stairs that go from the base to the summit. U fall you will proly die. It takes about 4-6 hours to climb the steps nonstop. We began at midnight and watched the sunrise at around 5 am.
Thousands of people were there . I passed infants crawling on all fours and old folk using canes on the way up.

I lived in a Floridian stucco art deco house in a expat development. Aussies NZ Europeans and American fams. I didn't want to live that way so I would stay witness my friendsin the city at their dorms or later I would stay with my homegirl/lover luo qi.

Luo Qi was at one time the biggest music star in china. Google her. I met her thru my homeboy who she was dating at the time. He went back to the US and we kept hanging. I was really cool for me a 19 year old to be not only hanging with a huge celeb but hittin it as well. She wasn't rich but she got maaad perks. She wanted me to marry her so she could get American money. I said hell no.

I got pics out the ass. When I get to a laptop I'll post up.

Also traveled to Thailand Macao and Bali while I was there. Post about that later.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:56 AM   #13
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

off the top:

greece: beautiful land of achilles and perseus, lol. i've visited athens, mycenae, thessaloniki, and some other smaller cities with hardly pronounceable names. greeks are very strange, religious (they're orthodox christians), and stubborn. they're masters of trading and haggling, just like turks and jews. girls ain't that special, they're short, but most of them have awesome tits. greeks have sport societes, and the most popular ones are Panathinaikos and Olimpiakos, and greeks are stabbing and shooting each other cause of these two:

beside this, greeks are in deep economic crisis, and there's like 1 000 000 people on strike as i type. they do it cause of the IMF and EU demands. they like to sing, drink, and like the other non-muslim people of balkans, they hate turks. when it comes to the geography, Greece has the best weather in europe, mild winters, arid, hot summers. greek islands offer excellent nightlife, excluding the ones with degenerated british students.

greece is the descendant of byzantine culture. you'll find ancient churches throughout the whole country, and i won't even mention the ancient greece period.

this is the golden mask of Agamemnon, who was killed by Aegisthus, and avenged by Orestes, his son.

montenegro: this is an ex-yugoslav state, with very awkward history. it is located between croatia, bosnia and serbia. it's a small country with great highlands, and lots of little rivers, streams, nice coastline, and untouched nature. Montenegrins are Serbs (even though there's solid amount of people that claim they're different) and they're classified in many warrior-tribes, and the most important of these tribes are located in the north. Montenegrins (and the other peoples from the west balkans) are the tallest people in the world, and the whole country adores basketball, just like the other countries in the region.

in the north, you may find the unexplored mountain peeks, great canyons, rich wildlife, and ancient serbian fortresses and monasteries.

in the south, on the seashore, you can find hot girls, alchocol, coke, and great nightlife, really.

i can't type no more, i'm not their manager or something, lol

Last edited by SL33; 10-08-2010 at 12:09 PM.
SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:23 PM   #14
cutn' heads
mic fury

cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cool thread. i have been to every corner of the us and most places in between. only went to mexico and the bahamas outside the border though. maaaad jealous of all of your guys experiences.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
Nigeria is like another world in it's self. I guess most of africa would also be like that, just so different from the US.

I went there and it made me realize how real the world is and how much of a fascade the US way of life it. I took a piss in a hotel bathroom, flushed it, it wouldn't flush, then turned the water on to take a shower and my piss shoots out of it. lol

thank god i wasn't there but it made me realize "This is how the majority of the world is living"

On my way from Lagos (finanicial capital) to my village we got stop by close to 30 cops all demanding bribes with akas to our face.

But in the chaos of it all there's something beautiful about it, and it only sounds worst then it feels cause when your there your just lost and akas to the face doesn't feel like a big deal.

Everyone is incredibly happy. Its mainly cause they're also as religious, but EVERYONE is always laughing and joking with you or trying to help you out even when you don't need it.

the girls that like you hit on you by cooking you food and bringing you your shoes in the morning and they are amoung the most beautiful women on the planet.

Idk what the nightlife is like, but i got a good glimpse, my uncle through a party in a banquet hall he rented and it was like 100 dudes arre 3 girls getting mobbed on lol!

Everyone loves to dance, there's no such a thing as sitting there in a party, they'll think your sick cause shyness doesn't exist there. Am not even playing

but with the 100 guys and 3 girl ratio you still have a great time cause for some reason you REALLY don't think about sex at all when your there.

it's not a very sexual culture and kissing is a new phenomia, i also learned americans are so sexual cause they're bored.

the family life is the best too. 200 people that are 100% down for you and would take a bullet for you and anyone you know. At night i got to my backyard and they just tell me stories of our history like how my great great grandfather was a warrior that cut chiefs heads off and stole their wives lol. gank-sta.

there's just a lot of love and fun there, my uncle was bored for the first time when he came to the US and thought he was sick lol.

oh and the kids. they outnumber adults 10 to 1 it seems and they're all HILARIOUS and veeryy smart. If you don't watch out they' steal everything you own and playing a game with them is more trouble then it's worth cause they'll cheat in 400 ways you've never heard of, but they're great, If you enter you village they just mosh you, 60 booger nosed son of the sons of bitches covered in dirt and food climbing all over you asking you for balloons and chewing gum lol.

Oh and the fights are also a great sight. These ppl argue like theres no tomorrow and they're hilarious about it, constantly fighting and shit but the next morning everythings cool. My language doesn't have a word for beef or a grudge, if you got a problem your very open about it and the arguement doesnt end until it's settled, and it just makes for good entertainment, like when the local drunkard kept coming to our village(hes not fam) and hanging out with my drunkass uncle. Watching him was like watching ODB, but he got out of hand and wouldn't shut up and started being and asshole so my aunt picked him up and threw him in the bushes lol.

it's fucking great, also a lot of cool shit for tourist, but if you want the realness go to a village.(and village it's what you see on discovery channel, it's basicallly a small town dominated by your family)
__________________________________________________ ___________

It changed my view of the world in 1000 different ways. Idk where to start when it comes to that, any aspect of thought was changed for me, but essentially i realized what the world was and the importance of religion(im not religious),family, happiness, and that learning about Africa from the media is the stupidest fucking thing ever cause that's under a western lens and they're 1000% different in everyway.

Like my teacher told me the life expectancy in Nigeria was 49. At 19 im still considered a small child, and my 49yr old relatives look like they're 28(no lie). I kept hitting on girls that were 26-28 cause they looked my age but the gay part was your not supposed to talk to older women like that and i had NO fucking clue how old anyone was. The girls my age looked 15....fuck that lol.

They also talk about Europe having a lot of "culture" cause it has a bunch of buildings and culture isn't something you can "measure" its a way of life, period, and culture is law in africa.

I also learned that race is an entirely american/western invention. People don't hate people there because of race, tribe yes cause there's history and they're still human, but even after colonialism they fuckin LOVE white people cause they make quality ping pong tables according to my cousin LOL
hahahaha awesome read

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote