news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-27-2007, 08:31 AM   #31
x.l.nc
Lyrical Don

x.l.nc grasshopper

nice post^^ sort of what i tryin to say yesterday
x.l.nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 03:37 PM   #32
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
i dont think the god mentions race, once.

the Nimrud story maybe, but you gotta understand "race" is a moder concept

for instance there are ppl in Africa WAY more racially different then a white person and an asian person, but in the US they're all black, in africa they're whatever their tribe is.

it's kinda stupid, even in th beginning of the country "irish" as it's own race until anglos decided to count them all as whites cause otherwise blacks would outnumber whites.

it's all man made, and not mentioned in the bible.
The Bible mentions everyone by their ethnic/cultural background. It divides people a thousand different ways by what city they are from, what tribe they are from, what gods they worship, who their ancestors were, etc. Sounds racial to me.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:09 PM   #33
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

he was dreaming but anyway.......

12 As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him.

13 Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. 14 But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. 15 You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. 16 In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure."

17 When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. 18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river [d] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates- 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #34
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post

hip-hop is a small part of the superculture i was referring to. one way of looking at it is to see how hip-hop changed once it got absorbed into the dominant superculture. in general, lyrics became dumbed down and the artists that came to represent the culture became more overtly obsessed with money and showing off.

besides that, hip-hop culture is transient, just like all cultures that are spawned from a music-based movement. i think the greatest lasting influence it will have is that, just like jazz did in the 20's, the integration of elements created from an african-american community into the mainstream has produced a common link among disparate peoples (whites, blacks, latinos, asians, etc) and has the potential to ease racial tensions (at the expense of diversity within the superculture).

Oh Yeah ?

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
Old 11-01-2007, 12:22 AM   #35
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7EL7 View Post
he was dreaming but anyway.......

12 As the sun was setting, Abram fell into a deep sleep, and a thick and dreadful darkness came over him.

13 Then the LORD said to him, "Know for certain that your descendants will be strangers in a country not their own, and they will be enslaved and mistreated four hundred years. 14 But I will punish the nation they serve as slaves, and afterward they will come out with great possessions. 15 You, however, will go to your fathers in peace and be buried at a good old age. 16 In the fourth generation your descendants will come back here, for the sin of the Amorites has not yet reached its full measure."

17 When the sun had set and darkness had fallen, a smoking firepot with a blazing torch appeared and passed between the pieces. 18 On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram and said, "To your descendants I give this land, from the river [d] of Egypt to the great river, the Euphrates- 19 the land of the Kenites, Kenizzites, Kadmonites, 20 Hittites, Perizzites, Rephaites, 21 Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites and Jebusites."
they are classified by the cities they come from. they were probably all middle eastern people in origin. this argument seems to resemble "if you call black people black people you're racist". just because the bible has listed these peoples backgrounds doesn't mean it's focusing entirely on who they are because of where they come from.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 01:36 AM   #36
Storm Shadow Samurai
Arashikage Clan

Storm Shadow Samurai grasshopper

Racism and slavery goes back in every race who had the advantage. Think about it.
Storm Shadow Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 02:05 AM   #37
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Yes And No, Due To How The Text And Pics Are Interpreted
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #38
Cthulhu
Veteran Member

Cthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkeyCthulhu iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolish View Post
they are classified by the cities they come from. they were probably all middle eastern people in origin. this argument seems to resemble "if you call black people black people you're racist". just because the bible has listed these peoples backgrounds doesn't mean it's focusing entirely on who they are because of where they come from.
That seems innocuous enough, but take into account that these were all "Gentiles," outsiders to the Hebrew civilization, and thus, enemies. Because the Hebrews are God's chosen people, it apparently gives them the right to ransack the cities of neighboring pagan tribes, kill their children, and rape their women. If that's not racism/xenophobia, I'm not sure what is.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:52 PM   #39
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
When are people gonna stop using religion as a scapegoat and actually face up to the fact that human beings are a flawed species. If there was no religion there would still be racism.

Before Christianity even came to certain countrys, native people were divided by tribes and would always be warring with other tribes......It's a natural human instinct to be with your own. Segregation/ racism has always exsisted in one form or another.
I concur. According to my knowledge our nature is one in the same with the Creator. We must elevate to that level. Unfortunately most never come close.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #40
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
I concur. According to my knowledge our nature is one in the same with the Creator. We must elevate to that level. Unfortunately most never come close.
hey, and when you find out how to,let us who are blind know the path to this level

Old 11-01-2007, 10:40 PM   #41
SG
Forever Upward

SG crouching tigerSG crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
think about it

Gods Chosen People ?
Yes people are racist because of the bible for one reason they are not current/updated to present time.

An example.......

I was watching the CNN special on NOOSES. A white man lost a race for political office to a latin women. He said "I feel pushed to the back of the bus". He shows a noose and says "this is JUSTICE, I don't care anymore".

My thoughts: When you can't effectively communicate to and with different audiences you are racist
Old 11-02-2007, 07:38 AM   #42
blackwisdom
Walk Like a Warrior

blackwisdom crouching tigerblackwisdom crouching tiger
Send a message via Yahoo to blackwisdom

Quote:
hey, and when you find out how to,let us who are blind know the path to this level
It's an individual voyage. Look into aboriginal initiation systems, i.e. Yoruba, Dogon, Kemet, Akon, Tantric Yoga, Dravidian Hinduism (the teachings pre-Aryan invasion), etc.

"Read everything, listen to everybody, don't trust anything unless you can prove it with your research." - William "Bill" Cooper
Myspace Libradio Prison Radio/Mumia Fourty-Two/Seven
blackwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 08:36 AM   #43
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwisdom View Post
My understanding, our creation is not only a part of our creator, but takes a piece from everyone of the creators "subordinates"- I think that's the word I'm looking for- even the evil.

Quote:

The path to a spiritual level is a personal journey. Any one that tells you different is the blind leading the blind.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:23 PM   #44
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy Capalini View Post
The path to a spiritual level is a personal journey. Any one that tells you different is the blind leading the blind.
what is a spiritual level and how many levels are there ?

Quote:
It's an individual voyage. Look into aboriginal initiation systems, i.e. Yoruba, Dogon, Kemet, Akon, Tantric Yoga, Dravidian Hinduism (the teachings pre-Aryan invasion), etc.

the individual voyage does not last forever - there is a time when you meet up with others and move as a unit...right ?

Originally Posted by blackwisdom

have you ever met anyone who got close to this level ?

this is all something i have to find out on my own right ?

Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 PM   #45
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
what is a spiritual level and how many levels are there ?

the individual voyage does not last forever - there is a time when you meet up with others and move as a unit...right ?

Originally Posted by blackwisdom

have you ever met anyone who got close to this level ?

this is all something i have to find out on my own right ?

Spiritual levels, and people attaining those levels?

Who knows? Whoever thinks they know should probably right a book about it, because we all know happens when you write books on spiritual enlightenment........