news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Hip-Hop News Articles

Old 11-11-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger
Default Breaking News: Kanye West’s Mother Dies Suddenly

Quote:

Dr. Donda West, Kanye West’s mother, suddenly died last night, individuals close to the rapper confirmed.

The cause of death was not released immediately, but she was reportedly in the Los Angeles area when she died. Early reports suggest Dr. West's death may have been the result of some form of surgical procedure. Those reports have not been confirmed.

She was 58 years old.

A representative for the rapper told AllHipHop.com, "The family respectfully asks for privacy during this time of grief."

Kanye West chronicled his love for his mother in “Hey Mama,” a song from his 2005 album Late Registration.

In the song, Kanye raps, “(Hey Mama), I wanna scream so loud for you, cuz I'm so proud of you / Let me tell you what I'm about to do, (Hey Mama) / I know I act a fool but, I promise you I'm goin back to school /I appreciate what you allowed for me
I just want you to be proud of me (Hey Mama).”

West eventually performed the song in front of his mother and Oprah Winfrey on the TV host’s highly rated show.

Although she was renown as Kanye West’s mother, Donda West had achieved much on her own.

She served as the Chair of the English Department at Chicago State University, but retired to act as Kanye's manager. She was an English professor for 31 years.

Earlier this year, she released a book called Raising Kanye, which chronicled her journey of raising her son.

In an interview with AllHipHop, Dr. West said she learned from her son and vice versa.

"Looking at Kanye has made me a more courageous individual, and I already saw myself as being courageous. I believe that Kanye has broken through and gone to levels and done things that I haven’t been able to reach yet," she told AllHipHop.com. "I have 28 years to his senior so I have a lot of experience. I’ve learned to speak my mind regardless of the consequences. I’ve learned a lot having raised Kanye and being his mother."

The word of Dr. West's death has traveled fast through word of mouth, in particular her hometown of Chicago.

“'The city of Chicago is hurting for Kanye West and his family. We know how much he loved and valued his mother and we just ask other cities to join us in prayer for Kanye,” said Kendra G, a Morning Show co-host at Power 92 in Chicago.

AllHipHop.com will provide more information as details are revealed. Our condolences go out to Kanye West and the family of Dr. Donda West.
http://allhiphop.com/blogs/news/arch.../18868133.aspx

This is terrible news. My condolences to the Kanye and the West family. R.I.P. Dr. Donda West.
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #2
SilvaFistz
The HighMindedLowLife

SilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of furySilvaFistz fist of fury

deepest condolences
Old 11-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
Oztradamus
The Cure-Coming Neveruary

Oztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venomsOztradamus five deadly venoms

Poor Kannyeeze

*cues up Hey Mama*

R.I.P Momma West

Oztradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #4
mofo
ADEPT

mofo grasshopper

Ouch, that sucks. And she was the closest thing to kanye west in his life. RIP.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:09 PM   #5
BRONZBODY
Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!!

BRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venomsBRONZBODY five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to BRONZBODY Send a message via MSN to BRONZBODY

damn sorry to hear that

rip
Old 11-11-2007, 08:40 PM   #6
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

Damn that sucks, I know they were pretty close

RIP
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 11:27 PM   #7
Marwan
Guantanamo Bay Parolee

Marwan crouching tigerMarwan crouching tiger

God Bless her and it wont be easy but wishing Kanye strenght.....
Marwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:41 AM   #8
b·baby36
Veteran Member

b·baby36 grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to b·baby36 Send a message via MSN to b·baby36

God bless her...hope he can pull thru too..

R.I.P ODB//R.I.P BOGLE
b·baby36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:47 AM   #9
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

rest in peace.

the meaning of life is death.

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 01:50 AM   #10
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

its good she lived to see her son reach the success he did. respects due
Old 11-12-2007, 05:10 AM   #11
Maxxx Millisecondz
Venemous Saliva Spit

Maxxx Millisecondz grasshopper

r.i.p.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage
Maxxx Millisecondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 AM   #12
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

wow sorry to hear that

R.I.P.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:22 AM   #13
Hellspawn
Guardian of the 1st house

Hellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killaHellspawn shaolin masta killa
Send a message via MSN to Hellspawn

Rip
Hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #14
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

great, I think she was the only thing that kept him from becoming a complete pretentious asshole. R.I.P. PopHop

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 03:15 PM   #15
mofo
ADEPT

mofo grasshopper

She died due to complications of plastic surgery....