news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-15-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default What the fuck is it about 2pac.....

That gets chav's, and people who dont have a clue about hip-hop all excited? I mean, some of these people have never even heard of Nas, but yet have every single thing 2pac has relesed and think he's a god?.

I remember listening to Wu in some flat i lived in and one of my friends (whose one of those people above) said 'turn that shit off', 'who the fuck is that anyways?'. I said its Wu Tang, and he started laughing and goes 'there shit, 2pac's the best, hes way better than any of that crap you listen to. Why would you listen to any other rap when you could listen to 2pac?' I thought that was the most fuckin stupid and ignorant thing i ever heard.

I have 'All Eyez On Me' and 'Me Against The World', and thought there was nothing special at all about him. As someone said here before hes a good writer, but as a rapper hes not as good as people make him out to be. His flow and voice are annoying at times, and his lyrics are good but nothing outstanding.

So why the fuck do all these dance music heads and non hip-hop heads love him so much, and dont care for other hip-hop at all?

AOTY

Last edited by Durag; 11-15-2007 at 05:56 AM.
Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

I disagree with everything you just said.

2pac is one of the greatest minds to ever touch the mic
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
bloodyhookz
BOSS STATUS!

bloodyhookz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11th Chamber View Post
I disagree with everything you just said.

2pac is one of the greatest minds to ever touch the mic
real talk
bloodyhookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:56 AM   #4
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^Im not saying hes not good, but i dont get all the love he gets from preople who dont even listen to hip-hop. I think some just listen to him coz they think its cool, but the thing that annoys me the most about them is that their so fuckin ignorant about it. They say 2pac is the best, they wont listen to any other hip-hop (apart from maybe Eminem or 50 Cent), and think anyone is fuckin stupid that dissagre's with them.

AOTY
Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 AM   #5
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Hes way overated, 'Me Against The World' is a classic album though. If you listen to that album you'll probably realize why hes held in such high regard.

Also does anyone know if RZA produced 'No More Pain'?
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:48 AM   #6
WeMadeIt

WeMadeIt grasshopper

No, RZA didn't produce it.
2pac just used the beat from 'Bring the Pain', rapped over it, used the hook. He was a huge Wu-Tang Clan fan
WeMadeIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:56 AM   #7
ShaDynasty
Bad Birds That Fuck Nerds

ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ShaDynasty Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to ShaDynasty

Right cos i saw the Diggs/Smith on the credits and thought i might have missed out on something.

I just had a random thought, if Biggie and Pac were alive today they'd probably have squashed their beef and be rappin on neptunes and timbaland beats.
ShaDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 AM   #8
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

i know what you mean duraq,but it bothers me just as much when so called 'real hip hop heads' dont give pac his props,pas was a beast on the mic...listen to the song 'me against the world' or 'if i die 2nite' and tell me thats not great lyricism,and if you say he doesnt rap that good than i think you got 3 year old diarrhea in you ears....
he by himself made tons & tons of people love hip hop,who often later on found their way to more underground hip hop.

pac was,is and always will be one of the best to ever do it

Last edited by cap; 11-15-2007 at 07:40 AM.
cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:44 AM   #9
shinobi4227
Bobby steelz

shinobi4227 grasshopper

Hey Durag, i understand fully at what you getting at. You just trying to let people know that, Tupac has some ill songs, but they need to listen to some wu bangers and they'll know what you really mean.

shinobi4227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:52 AM   #10
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

Tupac is in the top 5 best rappers of all time
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #11
Durag
RaizaBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap View Post
i know what you mean duraq,but it bothers me just as much when so called 'real hip hop heads' dont give pac his props,pas was a beast on the mic...listen to the song 'me against the world' or 'if i die 2nite' and tell me thats not great lyricism,and if you say he doesnt rap that good than i think you got 3 year old diarrhea in you ears....
he by himself made tons & tons of people love hip hop,who often later on found their way to more underground hip hop.

pac was,is and always will be one of the best to ever do it
I like them two songs u just mentioned. See, i can tell why people like him, its just i dont understand what makes him stand out to people who dont normally listen to hip-hop, when they blatanly ignore artists of a similar calibre e.g Nas and even Biggie

I consider Nas a similar artist. Both are acclaimed as two of the best MC's either, both rap about being a gangsta/ thug, the harsh realities of life, family and friends, and both offer a glimplse of hope in their lyrics along with all the negativity. But ask some of the chavs about Nas and they'll either go 'Who da fuck is he', or 'hes shit, 2pac's a million times better'. Why?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi4227 View Post
Hey Durag, i understand fully at what you getting at. You just trying to let people know that, Tupac has some ill songs, but they need to listen to some wu bangers and they'll know what you really mean.
Not even Wu Banags, just any fuckin hip-hop that isnt Pac. If its not 2pac they wont listen to it, they say its all shit without even listeneing to it.

AOTY
Old 11-15-2007, 08:56 AM   #12
Buzk
Veteran Member

Buzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal sonBuzk prodigal son

he's definitely overrated

Buzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #13
shinobi4227
Bobby steelz

shinobi4227 grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
Not even Wu Banags, just any fuckin hip-hop that isnt Pac. If its not 2pac they wont listen to it, they say its all shit without even listeneing to it.
Yea, i know. Most people that thinks this way haven't really heard Jack! so they use pac as a way of letting other people know that they into the hiphop game too, and they know a lot, whereas, they don't know shit.

shinobi4227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:05 AM   #14
Durag
RaizaBlade

^^True

AOTY
Old 11-15-2007, 09:10 AM   #15
Krimewave
Swollen Member

Krimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad boy T View Post
Tupac is in the top 5 best rappers of all time
not even in the top 20. Wu Tang Clan have 6 or 7 (maybe even 8 or 9) better rappers than 2pac in just one group.