news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 AM   #16
GhettoGnom
Veteran Member

GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)GhettoGnom Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

2pac sounds like Willie D.
-Archetype

GhettoGnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #17
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

well it's like this...

tupac is, for the ghey hip hop fan and his straight sister, a sex image that can be hailed and glorified and obsessed over while appearing to be something about the gangster lifestyle.

men with pictures of men's faces on their shirts are usually fagistical gay-queers, but i digress.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:30 AM   #18
DrUnK-N-MuNkY

DrUnK-N-MuNkY grasshopper

he's nicer than anybody in your top 3
Old 11-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #19
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

was never a fan but he gave people in th streets something they could relate to and he satisfied many people's gangsta wannabe fetish.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #20
maestro wooz
Veteran Member

maestro wooz Village Idiot

i dont listen to him cause the government shot him and the government made him a big deal so thats my protest against the government's manipulation
maestro wooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:21 PM   #21
Kick_Back

Kick_Back grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimewave View Post
not even in the top 20. Wu Tang Clan have 6 or 7 (maybe even 8 or 9) better rappers than 2pac in just one group.
Nope.
Kick_Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #22
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I just had a random thought, if Biggie and Pac were alive today they'd probably have squashed their beef and be rappin on neptunes and timbaland beats.
maybe biggie, but pac would have gone the ice cube route, strictly movies cause his hip hop career would have been over like 8 years ago
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #23
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

man, gettin some pac hate goin on huh? 2pac put more soul into his raps than 98 percent of these cats, thats why he gets the love he gets. and people in the hood ALWAYS felt pac. i do agree that everything he did wasnt gold, but "me against the world" was a classic. "strictly for my niggaz" , "the 7 day theory" & "all eyez on me" were all good albums. i always thought biggie was the more overrated of the two. 1 classic debut and a double disc that should have been a single disc. big pun, odb & big l need more love dammit!
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM   #24
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
man, gettin some pac hate goin on huh? 2pac put more soul into his raps than 98 percent of these cats, thats why he gets the love he gets. and people in the hood ALWAYS felt pac. i do agree that everything he did wasnt gold, but "me against the world" was a classic. "strictly for my niggaz" , "the 7 day theory" & "all eyez on me" were all good albums. i always thought biggie was the more overrated of the two. 1 classic debut and a double disc that should have been a single disc. big pun, odb & big l need more love dammit!
1. not to start shit but saying that biggie gets too much love for his 2 albums and then saying pun and big l deserve more love in the same sentence is kinda hypocritical.

that's not my real point though....

as a pac hater i will agree with most of what you said.

i never felt me against the world but i think Strictly, 2Pacalypse, and All Eyez on Me are definately dope records. the Makaveli record is also incredible but as completely fucked as it seems i look at rapper's different personalities as different artists so therefore i don't consider 7 day Theory to be a Pac record. Perfect example of this is Madlib. I don't judge yesterday's new quintet the way i judge Quasimoto, or even Madlib himself. i judge Kool Keith's shit all differently. Yes i will still give credit to Kool Keith for all his aliases and same with Madlib but i keep personalities seperate. Not that that matters at all but, those records are dope. however i think pac had a short shelf life as a rapper because even though he was felt in the hood he was still not a real gangster and it would have been only a matter of time before he went full on hollywood and his rap career would have died. why did ice cube convert so easily? because he wasn't a real gangster, he was just well associated, so when he had the chance he dipped. just like pac wasn't a real tough gangster or anything. he just saw that when he was famous he could get away with anything so he played the "bad boy" role. don't get it twisted, he wasn't tough, he was a damn dancer for fuck sake. he just DECIDED to become a "bad boy" cause it helped his rapper IMAGE. biggie would have made it further because he was real and he could flow.

pac could write, biggie could flow. in the end, as far as staying power, flow wins

yeah you gotta have substance too but you can have a ton of substance but without flow it don't work (canibus) and since death row collapsed and puffy blew up (arguably, haha, well, factually, because of biggie's death), pac's substance wouldn't work without good production (canibus) and therefore pac's music career would go down the road of.....canibus, except pac had a movie career so that would be his savior and he would make great movies and not make albums anymore, except as novelties like ice cube does (no offense to ice cube....maybe to pac though)
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM   #25
wuswordz95
Veteran Member

wuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken mastawuswordz95 drunken masta

2pac is a good rapper. im not a fan of his. I listen to all of his supposed classics then I deleted them cuz I aint a 2pac fan. What I dont like are people who dont know nothing about hipo hop tend to like 2 pac. why?
if some one is gonna like hip hop they should expand their mind.
so I kinda agree with the threadstarter.
wuswordz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:13 PM   #26
NY_Mami
Wu Fan

NY_Mami iron monkeyNY_Mami iron monkeyNY_Mami iron monkeyNY_Mami iron monkey
Send a message via AIM to NY_Mami

I don't Tupac's hype either........

THE CHEF LOVES MY MASTERPIECE

NY_Mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #27
Maxxx Millisecondz
Venemous Saliva Spit

Maxxx Millisecondz grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeMadeIt View Post
No, RZA didn't produce it.
2pac just used the beat from 'Bring the Pain', rapped over it, used the hook. He was a huge Wu-Tang Clan fan
no he didn't. he used the beginning few lines from Meth as the chorus. the beat is way different.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage
Maxxx Millisecondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #28
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Tupac was a good emcee, I liked his style at the time. Pac had alot of character which is why people were drawn to his music. It's like Eminem, it's not because he was white that made him succesfull, it was because he has character. Artists that have these types of personalitys regardless of genre of music are always going to intrigue outsiders, this is what separates an regular artist from an icon.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #29
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

some of you guys are so fucking stupid
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:23 PM   #30
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

I love Pac, but at the same time I think he's way overrated. Him and The Game are have the same syndrome.... they repeat the same shit in every song it seems... maybe alittle overexaggerated but I see him repeating the same lines subliminaly. I'll listin' to Pac when I'm inna mood where as I don't care for the lyrics, just the soulfull sound, my altime favorite Pac song was "Pain", the lyrics were the same in some songs, but it was put together very well. Almost every song of his was put together very very well, like everything fits, I think thats why some people like him (some), others are knuckleheads who wouldn't give the time of day to listin' to some crazy-ass joints from Big L.

And to piss people off

Big L > 2Pac
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote