news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 11-15-2007, 11:05 PM   #31
Crack Killz
ADEPT

Crack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Crack Killz Send a message via MSN to Crack Killz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bg_Knocc_Out View Post

Big L > 2Pac
cosign

want some deep shit?

go listen to How Will I Make It or Alone by Big L

Crack Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:09 PM   #32
SaqurakiHanamichi
CLANSMAN

SaqurakiHanamichi shaolin monk

u never lived his struggle , threw ur eyes he is just a normal man , to somebody else eyes 2pac is something else.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:52 PM   #33
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durag View Post
That gets chav's, and people who dont have a clue about hip-hop all excited? I mean, some of these people have never even heard of Nas, but yet have every single thing 2pac has relesed and think he's a god?.

I remember listening to Wu in some flat i lived in and one of my friends (whose one of those people above) said 'turn that shit off', 'who the fuck is that anyways?'. I said its Wu Tang, and he started laughing and goes 'there shit, 2pac's the best, hes way better than any of that crap you listen to. Why would you listen to any other rap when you could listen to 2pac?' I thought that was the most fuckin stupid and ignorant thing i ever heard.

I have 'All Eyez On Me' and 'Me Against The World', and thought there was nothing special at all about him. As someone said here before hes a good writer, but as a rapper hes not as good as people make him out to be. His flow and voice are annoying at times, and his lyrics are good but nothing outstanding.

So why the fuck do all these dance music heads and non hip-hop heads love him so much, and dont care for other hip-hop at all?

Tupac personified an attitude, mentality, and spirit that is funamentally human, and people recognize that.

Tupac wasn't a rapper that just got on the mic and spit a bunch of clever shit, he was a movement and a mentality and that's why he touched the nerve of this generation, he defined it.

Tupac is a thousand years beyond Nas. You people like Nas more cause that style is your cup of tea, i do too so it's all good, but you have to recognize that Tupac was on a mission to change the world by reaching the masses with a message of rebellion and has reached the masses so well that in the future it's estimated that 80% of the world's nations' leader's would be Tupac fans, or have been fans in their youth.

i also think Nas idolized Tupac while he was alive and obviously after. A lot of concepts that were on illmatic were roughdrafted on 2Pacalypsenow
Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 PM   #34
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

and come on, Big L was just a punchline machine, the best and first punchline machine ever, but his whole catalog can't fuck with Part Time Motha

and im a WAY bigger Big L fan then a tupac fan(which i hardly listen to..but acknowledge the facts)
Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 PM   #35
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

plus nobody on Wucorp has good taste except Pep, Hollow Darts and TGambino.

or atleast taste that isn't based of unbudgable white biases.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:45 AM   #36
Durag
RaizaBlade

Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Durag Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^I agree on the Big L thing (i prefer L too), and i think as a performer and taking into account what he stood for, and the fact that his influence reaches far beyond the world of hip-hop he is ahead of Nas, but as an MC, taking into acc the usual things (lyrics, flow etc) Nas is the better of the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShaolinAssassin View Post
Tupac wasn't a rapper that just got on the mic and spit a bunch of clever shit, he was a movement and a mentality and that's why he touched the nerve of this generation, he defined it.

but you have to recognize that Tupac was on a mission to change the world by reaching the masses with a message of rebellion and has reached the masses so well that in the future it's estimated that 80% of the world's nations' leader's would be Tupac fans, or have been fans in their youth.
This is true, and this is the reason 2pac is what he is. But why stop there? Why do these fans of Pac's music not ever listen to other hip-hop? I know people that are big Eminem and 50 Cent fans, but they will listen to other hip-hop and judge it fairley. These Pac fans already have it in their head that everything else is shit compared to him, so they dont even bother listening.

Durag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:49 AM   #37
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Big L was just a punchline machine, the best and first punchline machine ever
he wasn't the first, but he is arguably the best
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #38
urbanlegend
Romanista - One Love

urbanlegend grasshopper

Quote:
Tupac personified an attitude, mentality, and spirit that is funamentally human, and people recognize that.

Tupac is a thousand years beyond Nas. You people like Nas more cause that style is your cup of tea, i do too so it's all good, but you have to recognize that Tupac was on a mission to change the world by reaching the masses with a message of rebellion and has reached the masses so well that in the future it's estimated that 80% of the world's nations' leader's would be Tupac fans, or have been fans in their youth.

i also think Nas idolized Tupac while he was alive and obviously after. A lot of concepts that were on illmatic were roughdrafted on 2Pacalypsenow

co-sign!

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:17 PM   #39
urbanlegend
Romanista - One Love

urbanlegend grasshopper

Quote:
^^I agree on the Big L thing (i prefer L too), and i think as a performer and taking into account what he stood for, and the fact that his influence reaches far beyond the world of hip-hop he is ahead of Nas, but as an MC, taking into acc the usual things (lyrics, flow etc) Nas is the better of the two.

This is true, and this is the reason 2pac is what he is. But why stop there? Why do these fans of Pac's music not ever listen to other hip-hop? I know people that are big Eminem and 50 Cent fans, but they will listen to other hip-hop and judge it fairley. These Pac fans already have it in their head that everything else is shit compared to him, so they dont even bother listening.

Perhaps because he reached them on such a level that no other artist did so they have a loyality to the guy.

Respect to Quiet Storm for the signature
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:34 PM   #40
Dominus Santorini
Mauling Panda's Rampage

Dominus Santorini crouching tiger
Send a message via ICQ to Dominus Santorini Send a message via AIM to Dominus Santorini Send a message via MSN to Dominus Santorini

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO, DA GRIM LATIN View Post
Tupac was a good emcee, I liked his style at the time. Pac had alot of character which is why people were drawn to his music. It's like Eminem, it's not because he was white that made him successful, it was because he has character. Artists with these types of personalitie,s regardless of genre of music, are always going to intrigue outsiders, this is what separates a regular artist from an icon.
I agree with this analysis
Dominus Santorini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #41
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
2pac sounds like Willie D.
what can i say. i like willie d too dammit. lol
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:36 PM   #42
J-Ronin
illest mixtape DJ out

J-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to J-Ronin Send a message via MSN to J-Ronin

somebody said Canibus has no flow. That is far from the truth. He has little charisma and his cadence is weird. His rhymes are also too complex often for a more casual fan.

Back to Pac. He was great. He had so much charisma, heart and soul. People loved his music for that. He's an icon for rap like Bob Marley is for reggae. A lot of people who don't know shit about hip-hop will listen to Pac just like people who don't know shit about reggae listen to Marley, people who don't know shit about country listen to Johnny Cash. People who know nothing about metal know some led zepplin and black sabbath. Thats how it goes guys. People dibble and dabble with genres of music but many of them never really explore those genres and really get into the music . They are just getting thier feet wet. Some of them are ignorant, some of them are not really into music that much. Thats how shit goes

Some people only listen to Wu-tang, Killa Bees and all kinds of weird wannabe affiliates and they don't listen to any other hip-hop. Now that is sad as well!
J-Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 03:51 PM   #43
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

Quote:

bingo.

you just defined wu-corp. Wu-tang touched a lot of ppl how here more so then other rappers and therefore it's hard for the ppl on here to get into all the new shit coming out by new artists or check out other artists because we know they won't have the same effect

this is the same as the tupac ppl, it's just a sense of loyalty and a preference for a style that's unique even tho it's been copied a lot.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:11 PM   #44
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

Quote:
That gets chav's, and people who dont have a clue about hip-hop all excited? I mean, some of these people have never even heard of Nas, but yet have every single thing 2pac has relesed and think he's a god?.

I remember listening to Wu in some flat i lived in and one of my friends (whose one of those people above) said 'turn that shit off', 'who the fuck is that anyways?'. I said its Wu Tang, and he started laughing and goes 'there shit, 2pac's the best, hes way better than any of that crap you listen to. Why would you listen to any other rap when you could listen to 2pac?' I thought that was the most fuckin stupid and ignorant thing i ever heard.

I have 'All Eyez On Me' and 'Me Against The World', and thought there was nothing special at all about him. As someone said here before hes a good writer, but as a rapper hes not as good as people make him out to be. His flow and voice are annoying at times, and his lyrics are good but nothing outstanding.

So why the fuck do all these dance music heads and non hip-hop heads love him so much, and dont care for other hip-hop at all?

Tupac is overrated. strongest hardcore album is Strictly 4 My Niggaz, mos def.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:13 PM   #45
2L8Lit da croatianMC
PRODIGAL SUN

2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger2L8Lit da croatianMC crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to 2L8Lit da croatianMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaqurakiHanamichi View Post
u never lived his struggle , threw ur eyes he is just a normal man , to somebody else eyes 2pac is something else.
pac is and icon, amost every ppl find they selfs in, especially, shallow rap listeners... which aint bad...