news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 AM   #16
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
a kilometer is based on waters density here on earth. 1 cubic cm = the volume of 1 gram of water.

so every measure is earth relative except light years.

even our 10 digit number system is based on the fact that we have 10 fingers. if we had 12 fingers, we'd count like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,,,10
with "" and "" being the extra digits.

or if we had 6 fingers we'd count like 1,2,3,4,5,10
Many people can't grasp how much millions and billions of kms are. I guess when comparing relative distances in AUs it makes more sense.

For Jupiter, it is important. 99% of the solar system's angular momentum is from Jupiters orbit. That means it affects Earth's orbit and our own gravitational force. Life on Earth may have not existed with the unique conditions if it wasn't for Jupiter.

We cant see planets orbiting around other stars because they dont emit much light. However some close stars you can observe it bulging around its equator a certain way. This can be evidence that some stars have planets like Jupiter in orbit.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:12 AM   #17
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolifical ENG View Post

For Jupiter, it is important. 99% of the solar system's angular momentum is from Jupiters orbit. That means it affects Earth's orbit and our own gravitational force. Life on Earth may have not existed with the unique conditions if it wasn't for Jupiter.

We cant see planets orbiting around other stars because they dont emit much light. However some close stars you can observe it bulging around its equator a certain way. This can be evidence that some stars have planets like Jupiter in orbit.
interesting

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 11-19-2007 at 12:18 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #18
STYLE

jupiter also acts as a janitor for our system. it's gravity pulls in stray debris that might otherwise impact the inner planets.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #19
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
jupiter also acts as a janitor for our system. it's gravity pulls in stray debris that might otherwise impact the inner planets.

what is the purpose for the moons ?

and is it true that the planets cannot survive without the sun but the sun can exist without the planets ?

does the new age come in 2012 or 2150 ?

is there a difference between the ages and the equinox ?

Last edited by LORD NOSE; 11-19-2007 at 12:27 PM.
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #20
Black Man
Veteran Member

Black Man crouching tiger

Quote:
a kilometer is based on waters density here on earth. 1 cubic cm = the volume of 1 gram of water.

so every measure is earth relative except light years.

even our 10 digit number system is based on the fact that we have 10 fingers. if we had 12 fingers, we'd count like 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,,,10
with "" and "" being the extra digits.

or if we had 6 fingers we'd count like 1,2,3,4,5,10
our number system is not based on the fact we have 10 fingers.
Black Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #21
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I love Astronomy! I am happy to say that in the fall of '05, I took a course in Astronomy and received an A. I actualy wanted to major in Astronomy, but Wayne State University doesn't offer it. I'd like to do research in Astronomy but as of right now, I'm doing undergraduate research in Geology, working two jobs, and taking four classes. I just don't have the time. It's interesting for me because I grew up watching educational programs and reading tons of books on Astronomy. When I was in high school, I did a research paper on Mars. It was about Mars and why it is the way it is. It discusses issues like Mars Magnatosphere, size, its volcanoes, it ice caps, etc. I received an A- on the paper, though. It was fun writting it.

But yeah. Astronomy cool.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #22
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
what is the purpose for the moons ?

and is it true that the planets cannot survive without the sun but the sun can exist without the planets ?

does the new age come in 2012 or 2150 ?

is there a difference between the ages and the equinox ?
I hear we can not live with out the moon

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #23
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

We did not start with the 10 number system. We started off with the 6 number system. The Sumerians.

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #24
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

what's craziest about space is:
http://ipac.jpl.nasa.gov/media_images/ssc2006-21a1.jpg

how fucking trippy it can be. resonates with some psychedelic thought.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 12:10 PM   #25
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
I love Astronomy! I am happy to say that in the fall of '05, I took a course in Astronomy and received an A. I actualy wanted to major in Astronomy, but Wayne State University doesn't offer it. I'd like to do research in Astronomy but as of right now, I'm doing undergraduate research in Geology, working two jobs, and taking four classes. I just don't have the time. It's interesting for me because I grew up watching educational programs and reading tons of books on Astronomy. When I was in high school, I did a research paper on Mars. It was about Mars and why it is the way it is. It discusses issues like Mars Magnatosphere, size, its volcanoes, it ice caps, etc. I received an A- on the paper, though. It was fun writting it.

But yeah. Astronomy cool.
Nevertheless astronomy moreover space science is critical for knowledge of the geology of Earth. Understanding planetary motions and the geology of other planets is essential to understanding Earth's geology and geology in general. I guess thats why knowing a certain amount of astronomy is required for your major.....its important for mine too.

Old 11-20-2007, 01:18 PM   #26
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Nevertheless astronomy moreover space science is critical for knowledge of the geology of Earth. Understanding planetary motions and the geology of other planets is essential to understanding Earth's geology and geology in general. I guess thats why knowing a certain amount of astronomy is required for your major.....its important for mine too.
Exactly! What's your major?
Old 11-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #27
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Atmospheric science.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:37 AM   #28
IrOnMaN
I understand

Quote:
Atmospheric science.
Man, that sounds great!
Old 11-21-2007, 10:52 AM   #29
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Philosophically speaking-

If the planets, stars, moons, and other heavenly bodies have human personalities:

Then there relationships define how they interact with each other in space.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:09 AM   #30
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Philosophically speaking-

If the planets, stars, moons, and other heavenly bodies have human personalities:

Then there relationships define how they interact with each other in space.
Well how about Venus and Earth's relationship with each other...venus is the only planet in the solar system that "spins the other way". whenever venus passes earth on the inside on their orbits around the sun, we always see the same surface of the planet it faces us and turns its head and looks back when it passes....as if venus likes us and is always watching us when we get close....or turning its back....

there are a few other examples of this Spin Orbit Couple.....mercury and the sun, planets and their moons (including ours) but venus-earth is a special case like that. There are physical explanations for that what they "think" is happening as the orbit couples are no coincidence.