news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Hip-Hop News Articles

Old 11-28-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger
Default 50 Cent Got LL Cool Jís Mojo Back

Quote:

Rap veteran LL Cool J has thanked 50 Cent for helping him "get his mojo back".

The star - real name James Todd Smith III - insists he was shocked when the New York rapper - real name Curtis Jackson - called him up to offer some constructive criticism on 2006 LP Todd Smith.

But LL Cool J remains adamant the advice helped him get back on track - and even inspired him to hire 50 Cent as co-producer on new album Exit 13.

He tells MTV.com, "Itís an incredible feeling. And you know what? I have to give 50 props for that. If a guy calls you on the phone and says, íYou know what? Your last record was kinda slow and this was a little weak.í It was like, íYo, I just thought the record was slow, man, donít mess my LL up.í

"Itís great. I donít mind having a conversation with a guy who seems to have his finger on the pulse and having a conversation with him and talking with him and seeing if he can push me a little bit and get my mojo back.

"I didnít feel I fell off, but I felt I was a little bit out of touch with the things I should be thinking about."

Exit 13 is set for release next year.
http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=95396
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #2
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

Fuck 50 LL don't need 50 to make his next album good
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

LL needs to retire. Nobody is gonna buy his next album except the ladies because he forgot about his male fans who liked his hardcore stuff. He'd rather make gay songs for the ladies.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:41 PM   #4
Crack Killz
ADEPT

Crack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken mastaCrack Killz drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to Crack Killz Send a message via MSN to Crack Killz

50 is obviously trying to get him to sign to G-Unit records.

Crack Killz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

LL has been washed up for years, 50 Cent is FINALLY on a downward spiral and knows it, I am not remotely interested in a new LL Cool J album and having 50 Cent a part of it will make it much worse.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 PM   #6
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

I love how this thread turns into a 'Bash 50 Cent' thread...
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
DUMBO
Veteran Member

DUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venomsDUMBO five deadly venoms

and then how it quickly turns into a defend 50 thread.

the ying and the yang i guess.

"Oppressing bitches individually and in groups since 1976"
DUMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:58 AM   #8
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
LL needs to retire. Nobody is gonna buy his next album except the ladies because he forgot about his male fans who liked his hardcore stuff. He'd rather make gay songs for the ladies.
Why should he quit? He ain't got no fucking album that ain't at least gone gold. Good ass formula IMO.

He needs to make his next shit a bit more agressive tho.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venomsCharlesJones five deadly venoms

LL should quit rapping because his music is lame. I don't care that most of his albums are gold and platinum. His last couple of albums haven't been selling and that's because his music is soft and corny.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
that's because his music is soft and corny.
His style has always been for the ladies (MOST that is), so saying it's soft and corny is what we'd expect from someone who trys to appeal to ladies more then men.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Your right but at least back in the day, LL had more hard songs than soft songs for the ladies. Nowadays he's doing more soft songs than hard songs and i got a problem with that.
Old 12-08-2007, 04:00 PM   #12
Come Honor Face
Veteran Member

Come Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkeyCome Honor Face iron monkey

LL Cool J is washed up completely! I cant believe u would even listen for new shit from that sellout!
Come Honor Face is offline   Reply With Quote