news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Old 08-05-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
netscape check two
N.I.

netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)netscape check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)
Default Racial Profiling in Boston.

Back in about 1989, there was a big controversy in the Boston area. A guy was taking his pregnant wife to the hospital. He wanted to go to one of the best hospitals around, and to get to this hospital, you have to go through a bad crime area called Fountain Hill. The police got call from the husband saying that a young black man had shot him and his wife. His wife and the baby ended up dying. The husband survived. The area of Boston was outraged. A bunch of white people got scared. The police went on a rampage, and started questioning and frisking any young black guy they saw in Fountain Hill. They went house to house and ransacked people's houses.

A black male became a suspect, and was arrested. Eventually, the husband's brother came forward and pinned the murder on his brother, and he had gotten rid of the murder weapon for him. The husband had shot his pregnant wife to get the $100,000 insurance policy. When the husband found out that hus brother had went to the police, he drove his new sports car to a bridge, and jumped off, killing himself. The people in Fountain Hill were in an uproar when they found out the the murderer was the husband, and not one of their own. What are your thoughts on racial profiling? Do you think it still happens as much nowadays as it used to? Should the mayor of Boston have been fired in this case, or at least disciplined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
How am I a troll and what's a troll?
netscape check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:14 PM   #2
arcane
separatin game from truth

arcane grasshopper
Default Re: Racial Profiling in Boston.

Racial profiling is alive and kicking, as much as I hate to admit it. Its face has changed a bit, what with everything since 2001 - in fact, the events that I'm referring to may have caused a resurgence in racial profiling. Arabs, Muslims and anyone else who fits the bill to the ignorant eye (ie. Indian, Pakistani, etc.) are being persecuted unjustly if not overtly. It's funny and cool now to make jokes about people who look like Osama Bin Laden - (see stand-up comedy by Jamie Foxx and Eddie Griffin). Yeah it's just jokes, but you'd be fooling nobody to suggest that these jokes aren't rooted in a racist undertone.

Where I live I think the directly visible effects of racism are muted, however I'd be ignorant to say that it doesn't exist. A quick look at the letters to the editor in pretty well any newspaper reveals that there are many who engage in racial profiling, even if they themselves don't realize they're doing it.

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com
arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 04:22 PM   #3
arcane
separatin game from truth

arcane grasshopper

By the way, my comments specific to the profiling of Arabs/Muslims don't in any way mean that there aren't other races subject to profiling. Black and aboriginal people (particularly the latter where I'm from) are of course subject to typecasting and straight-up racism as well. EDIT: Make that any race that's not white.

One thing that really drives me nuts is when I hear a news story about some crime that was committed and the first thing mentioned is what race the perpetrator was, particularly when that has no relevance to the story. Prime example: in the direct aftermath of let's say the failed bombings in London (was it July 21?), the preliminary reports all had the words "dark-skinned" or "South Asian" when describing the culprits. Realistically what does that add to the story? Let the police do their job, identify their suspects and then release pictures. I don't need to know 5 minutes after it happened what colour the guys' skin was. Look no further than these subtle jabs if you want to see how racism and racial profiling are perpetuated....

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com
arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #4
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

racial profiling?

Ridiculous and illegal. Yet it continues daily.

tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:14 PM   #5
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Well, they got murdered in that perticular hood, I would just ask everyone if they seen anything, and get forensics n shit. Its not right to just arrest some people who live there.
Wu-Tality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:22 PM   #6
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk

sometimes racial profiling is neccesary...we all know the world trade was orcestrated by a-rabs, right? (conspirecy theorists not apply) so fuck it, every middle eastern person comin in any airport, bus and train station should be looked at. an old lady with a hand bag aint tryin to kill us...we know what those people look like already.
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:28 PM   #7
LadyRectah

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch-chef
sometimes racial profiling is neccesary...we all know the world trade was orcestrated by a-rabs, right? (conspirecy theorists not apply) so fuck it, every middle eastern person comin in any airport, bus and train station should be looked at. an old lady with a hand bag aint tryin to kill us...we know what those people look like already.
Why dont you go read and find out who really did that shit on 911 before you go accusing arabs .. mothafux need to fucking get their head out that stupid box and read..
Old 08-05-2005, 07:31 PM   #8
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

word. Many latinos can be confused for "arabian-looking". About 27% of the population in say NYC is Latino (over 2 Million people). When you consider all of the other ethnic groups that could fit into the "middle eastern" stereotype, it gets a bit ridiculous to me to talk about "racial" profiling.

peace
tostones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:33 PM   #9
LadyRectah

I mean all we can do is just not be about that racial profiling bullshit.. why the hell am iu swearing so damn much>?!!
Old 08-05-2005, 07:36 PM   #10
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRectah
I mean all we can do is just not be about that racial profiling bullshit.. why the hell am iu swearing so damn much>?!!
Coz your right, racial profiling is bullshit. If you profile some1 by their race people, your technically a racist.

Big Bad Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:43 PM   #11
ch-chef
Veteran Member

ch-chef shaolin monk

because who the fucks writes that shit and why should i believe an american who hates america and shows it by tellin u everything told to us by the government isnt true? is 100% of everything the government says true?....no, but these idiots try and make u think its all 100% lies. conspirecy people have an underlyin objective and believe it or not they will lie to make u think their talkin the truth...i didnt accuse anyone, i seen their fuckin pictures in the airport 20 minutes before they hijacked the planes....they damn sure werent cherokee indian or was that photoshopped. what about that dude massoui (however the fuck its spelled) who admitted he was supposed to be on one of the planes? is he arab? yeah. or is that a lie too? its all a lie isnt it?
ch-chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 07:45 PM   #12
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch-chef
because who the fucks writes that shit and why should i believe an american who hates america and shows it by tellin u everything told to us by the government isnt true? is 100% of everything the government says true?....no, but these idiots try and make u think its all 100% lies. conspirecy people have an underlyin objective and believe it or not they will lie to make u think their talkin the truth...i didnt accuse anyone, i seen their fuckin pictures in the airport 20 minutes before they hijacked the planes....they damn sure werent cherokee indian or was that photoshopped. what about that dude massoui (however the fuck its spelled) who admitted he was supposed to be on one of the planes? is he arab? yeah. or is that a lie too? its all a lie isnt it?
The dudes you seen are alive and kickin. In Israel. Arabs? Naw! Jewish my friend. No disrespect to any Jewish people out there but thats the truth.

Also the kid who got shot 7 times in the dome in London by the bizzies was not an arab. He was Brasilian!!! Racial profilin gone wrong once again.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #13
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

But its cool, I had to kick fuck outta a Pakistani boy till my trainers were red. Why? Coz they assumed I was a Nazi type mofo (big, bad, baldy, white and in thier "hood" for asians only but I didnt know that). So imagine that, walkin through some street coz of a wrong turn and dodging bottles and blades for bein white. I know how it feels man. Racial profilin is fucked up. So I caught 1 of them bastards and let it be known my Grandad blasted nazis heads open in the wars and loved the shit. After I busted his head open of course. Fuckers.

Old 08-05-2005, 08:04 PM   #14
Wu-Tality
Metal Gear

Wu-Tality grasshopper

Nah, people who do that kinda shit arent jew.

EDIT (clearer)

or muslim, christian, hindu, buddhist, zen dude.
Wu-Tality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 08:06 PM   #15
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?

Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z

Racial profiling makes me a sad panda.