news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #31
VallKano
Veteran Member

VallKano shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to VallKano
Default Re: Is Windwalker and Wuforever racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northstarr
boo-fucking-hoo.
another racist white boy who listens to necro --- what a surprise...
Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #32
Oneman
Veteran Member

Oneman crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to Oneman

OK, i'm white and believe it or not: i'm not a racist.

So could anyone of you mellon-experts tell me what you are so offended by? I have always considered the picture to be of two weird guys eating a mellon, like Wade said. Apparently there's some history on this, so please enlighten me with your knowledge.

Also, I don't remember windwalker being racist on this forum

PEACE (& tolerance)

Oneman
Old 08-06-2005, 05:18 PM   #33
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufa
so wade if u know it
share the knowkedge that u got
thats the point im making is that i dont know anything about the history, apparently wtaermelons are racist. i never knew about this until now.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 08-06-2005, 05:24 PM   #34
Ghost_Deini_
Banned!!!11

Ghost_Deini_ crouching tiger

im surrounded by kids in this town who have their racist moments..

and supposedly black people eat a lot of fried chicken and watermelon... this is how its racist/stereotypical.

as for the blackface thign.. all i know is back in the early 1900s, its was some movie or show where a white man wore black make up, at the time representing the black man, and he acted dumb. at that point and time it was considered comedic being taht the word "nigger" was pretty much used daily by everyone back then.

there.. tahts what i know...
Old 08-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #35
RhymzaRua
Dolla dolla bill yaaaall!

RhymzaRua grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to RhymzaRua

It's a stereotype that blacks eat lots of watermelons, just like it's a stereotype that blacks eat lots of fried chicken.

As for the wearing blackface and acting like an ape... I'll leave that to y'all to figure out what's racist about that, since I consider it pretty obvious.
Old 08-06-2005, 05:28 PM   #36
RhymzaRua
Dolla dolla bill yaaaall!

RhymzaRua grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to RhymzaRua

Ahh, Ghost_Deini already posted it... though I'm sure you mean early 1900s, not early 90s, right?
Old 08-06-2005, 05:32 PM   #37
Ghost_Deini_
Banned!!!11

Ghost_Deini_ crouching tiger

haha yeah... 1900s.. sorry about that. i was kind of sidetracked by my tv when i was typing it up.
Old 08-06-2005, 06:12 PM   #38
WuStar

WuStar grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Deini_
i doubt that was even made by them..

the image is hosted on picsplace... why would they do that when all their pics are hosted on their own site.
it was on their site, no bs
Old 08-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #39
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

we've established that the picture is racist but no one has proven that windwalker knew the history behind what the picture represented when he made it his signature.
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
Old 08-06-2005, 06:37 PM   #40
Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
Found My Purpose

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tigerSun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah crouching tiger

what kinda bullshit are you talkin man, HE LIVES IN AMERICA

so you gonna tell me there are people who don't know about prejudice against black people?

fuck that man, that's bullshit you talkin and you know it

"Reciting a biblical verse before I make your melon burst like that nigga Jules from Pulp Fiction...my salvation is salivation, and diction crucifixion" - Ras Kass

http://www.myspace.com/theblacksunn1 http://theblacksunn.blogspot.com

Old 08-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #41
THE W
ISRAELITE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
what kinda bullshit are you talkin man, HE LIVES IN AMERICA

so you gonna tell me there are people who don't know about prejudice against black people?

fuck that man, that's bullshit you talkin and you know it
i just told you that i didnt know anything about it. i know about the blackfaced big pink lips stuff from the old looney tune cartoons but not about the watermelon.

i wanna here windwalker's side before i label him racist.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:06 PM   #42
J-Ronin
illest mixtape DJ out

J-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to J-Ronin Send a message via MSN to J-Ronin

I'm back in the crib for a few. That kid had the weakest excuses I ever heard in my life. This was from Chambermusik.com http://forum.chambermusik.com/viewto...er=asc&start=0

"Im sorry I am off Topic...

well here was my view on it...
my site logo has watermelon as a logo. my view behind it is There is Wu Tang. And there are Wu Tang Killa Bees. Wu is like a honeycomb. and Wu Tang Killa Bees fly to it. I also feel fans are Killa Bees too. And fans for all over the world are like bees, cuz they all contribute to wu success. Because without the fans, wu would not survive.

I figured wuforever.com would use a watermelon as a sweet spot where killah bees would fly from around the world. The logo is basically a bee flying to sweet juicy watermelon.

Now the picture had 2 kids at some remote section of the world on a field covered in mud eating watermelon in a funny way. The kids could represent young fans from some remote destination on this planet.

Anyways thanks for criticism. I really did not mean to offend anyone."

Sweet juicy water melons huh? Nigras love them some watermelons? Is that it? Them Darkies sure can rap. I wish they would tap dance for me a little more. Let me give them some watermelons I bet they tired of entertaining my cracker ass.
(Note, this is sarcasm)

I don't believe a fucking word this kid says . Nobody in Wu-tang is named Man Tan, none of em work on a fucking watermelon patch and once again you are not Spike Lee. You may have some kids fooled but I smell a racist swine who loves rap music but has no respect for black people.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #43
THE W
ISRAELITE

you guys are overreacting...

you have no proof of his motives.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:28 PM   #44
J-Ronin
illest mixtape DJ out

J-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal sonJ-Ronin prodigal son
Send a message via AIM to J-Ronin Send a message via MSN to J-Ronin

I bet you , next time i go to a show in Boston and I meet him, if I tell him how funny it was and how he got all these people mad and how I support him he will tell me the real deal. Somebody else who is white try that if they have time. See what this kid says. I bet you he knows exactly what the fuck he is doing

This kid Windwalker is not a fucking Korean Pop group rocking black face not knowing shit about african american history. He is an american from the east coast.

If you are blind to see I can't help you.

All the heads out there that know the real deal, y'all know what to do. Not fuck with people liek that, period.
Old 08-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #45
THE W
ISRAELITE

somebody do that and report back here what he says.

until then he is not a racist. he's just a guy who didnt know what he was doing.
Closed Thread