news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 12-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury
Default No Country For Old Men

I saw this this past weekend. It was very good. Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, Woody Harrelson, Javier Bardem was in this. Javier was a crazy killer and there was a lot of action in this.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #2
Storm
Vatican

Storm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killaStorm shaolin masta killa

How good would you say it is?

Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:15 AM   #3
Visionz
The People's Champ

Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Visionz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Visionz

Up until the dissappointing ending, the movie is filled with suspense and tension, if the Coen brothers had done things a little different this might just have been a masterpiece, as it is, a very good movie, the way they film the west texas landscapes and the gritty violence makes it worth checking out at the theatre, that still depends though how much endings make or break a movie for you, if it means alot, then I suggest waiting for the rental (or just dl'ing it off of whatever site that's got it)

Support the Real. Click HERE
Visionz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

The ending did suck. What was up with Josh Brolin's woman? She looked like a teenager LOL. Javier Bardem was crazy/psychotic. Visions Unseen, remember when he was asking that gas station employer those crazy questions? LOL. Another scene i thought was weird was when Javier was driving down the street when the light was green and he got hit by a car. He got out of the car and he had a bone sticking outta his arm. 2 white boys came up to him on their bikes and one of them said mr you got a bone sticking outta your arm LOL. So Javier asked one of the boys for their shirt and he gave him $100 for the shirt. The boy said mr that's a lot of money LOL. Javier said just take it and he walked away with the shirt. So the white boy that took the money, the other white boy said to him, can i have some of that money? LOL.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #5
Rorschach
Sean.

Rorschach shaolin monk

I don’t remember the last time I watched a two hour film and wished it were fucking longer. I would have been happy if this one had kept going. No Country for Old Men defies categorisation...bit of comedy, bit of mystery, bit of social commentary, it can’t be thrown into just one of those particular genres you know? Like most of the Coen Brothers stuff this one defies being placed in a niche. But it sure as hell works well in every category you might want to name.

It's one of their most serious and thoughtful films, I think, but it just keeps moving ahead, and it managed to keep me off-balance and fascinated throughout. Can't praise the acting enough either. The three leads, Jones, Brolin and Bardem are flat-out fucking brilliant. As for the ending, I didn't see it coming. For me, it took getting used to afterwards. Thinking about it now I think it works. It's an ending that will take for most people (at least, for me) a couple of additional viewings to fully appreciate what the Coens set out to achieve.
Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #6
tekunique
SupaSelekta

tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)tekunique Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

going to see it this wknd...
Old 12-11-2007, 08:48 PM   #7
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

great film, i was gonna make this thread last week...anyway...the ending was kinda meh....but everything else was very exciting...good shit coens.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:17 PM   #8
KIND
smoke in your eye

KIND crouching tiger

Yeah I saw this a couple of weeks ago, good shit good shit

I was kinda disappointed near the end of the movie. But when the it continued on for another 30mins or so, I became satisfied with the movie over all

Its mos definitely in my top 5 of the year, its worth seeing on the big screen, dont play yourself

1 of my favorite scenes is when the dog is chasing Josh Brolin

Woody Harrelson was a nice surprise as I didnt know he was in the film

& Javier Bardem is an insane delight
Old 12-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
Are U aware I ban @ will?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Great acting great writing and overall very good movie that does not follow hollywood cliches
Old 12-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #10
Miliato
meet me in the lobby

Miliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal sonMiliato prodigal son

just saw this movie last nite.....i agree with everything yall say, the movie was crazy......but i was pissed when the end came, too much shit was left out in the open....other than that prob one of 2007's best movies
Miliato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:46 PM   #11
brown_dogg
the brown guy

brown_dogg grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to brown_dogg

definitely one of the best of 2007. there were some seriously tense moments. the characters are all done really well too, especially the murderer. i liked it.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:58 PM   #12
Krimewave
Swollen Member

Krimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkey

For anyone who wants to watch it:

Part 1:
http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=18642

Part 2:

http://quicksilverscreen.com/watch?video=18641
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

just seen it great movie that takes a dive. it can be seen as anything else as a dissapointment the movie when from action to i don't know what. i enjoyed the movie experience i must admit.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:11 PM   #14
KINGGS
illenuff

KINGGS grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to KINGGS

I really do not understand how anyone can say the ending sucked, what did you expect? Its a real movie, not a Hollywood fart joke. If you actually stop an think about the psychological reasoning behind the entire movie, the ending is perfect.

I loved this movie, I would say 4.8 out of 5.

.Tom Waits
.Kid Koala
.Madvillain

Garrett®
KINGGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
Storm Shadow Samurai
Arashikage Clan

Storm Shadow Samurai grasshopper

I downloaded the screener and sometimes the screener has different stuff that usually is featured as deleted scenes on DVD. Sometimes different endings like with the haloween screener having a different ending than the theatrical version. So i was wondering or hoping the screener ending was not the same as the theatrical but sounds like it is. Wow great flick wack ending like sopranos finale LOL. Fade to black again booooo.
Storm Shadow Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote