news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Hip-Hop News Articles

Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger
Default Lupe Fiasco Plans To Quit Rapping Soon?

Quote:

First Saigon revealed he was quitting rap in November, and now, Lupe Fiasco looks like he might do the same in the near future.

Much like Saigon, Lupe is growing weary of the music industry. The whole process actually. After years in the business, the rapper says two more albums -- his forthcoming The Cool and his last one, L.U.P.End -- and he's done recording music. At least, that's what he told PitchFork in a recent interview.

"I'm at a creative end," he explained. "I really don't think I have that much to say. And I don't want to get to the point where I'm putting out music just to put out music. Especially recording music.

"The interview process, the radio process, the video process, the budget process -- that sh-- wears at you, tears at you. And I've been doing the music business for like eight years. And prior to that, on the underground level trying to get to a professional level, about 10-15 years. It's a heavy process and you just get to the point where you're just like, "I don't know". It's just like three is enough."

But, if he, in fact, decides to hang it up, he won't just disappear. Fans will be able to see him perform live, that's if the demand is still there.

"I'll still perform as long as a venue will have me and a promoter will have me. Always. Until I'm 100 years old," Lupe said.

And in addition to performing, there might be a couple more projects after his "so-called final album." According to the rapper, there may be "a couple concept records" and, "god-willing", an album from the highly anticipated super-group, Child Rebel Soldiers, a collaborative effort between Lupe, Kanye West and Pharrell Williams.

But with CRS, it all comes down to scheduling, he admitted.

"Everyone's focused on something else at the moment," he explained to PitchFork. "[We're trying to find] two or three weeks to sit down and hammer it out. We're all kindred spirits; let's get together and unify that and see what happens."

The Cool is due in stores December 18.
http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=97194

I hope this isn't true. I enjoy his music. He's one of the real emcee's out there right now.
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
HarlemDiplomat
ADEPT

HarlemDiplomat grasshopper

Good...
HarlemDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #3
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

yeah i understand why he would quit
i also heard sean p was gonna quit too
im sure he will come back like jordan

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Maxxx Millisecondz
Venemous Saliva Spit

Maxxx Millisecondz grasshopper

sean p ain't quittin. that was probably a joke.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage
Maxxx Millisecondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:46 AM   #5
crds
ADEPT

crds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkeycrds iron monkey

Good...I still fail to see why a Muslim rapper would listen to so much gangster rap, yet not listen to classic Tribe Called Quest albums and then completely butcher a Quest classic and get all pissed off at the fans that told him he fucked it up.
crds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:50 AM   #6
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

is'nt he a prodigy of Jay-Z ? he'll be back in 2 months.

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #7
bad boy T
MC Definition

bad boy T shaolin monk

Who cares
bad boy T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 12:45 PM   #8
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR HIP HOP HEAD View Post
http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=97194

I hope this isn't true. I enjoy his music. He's one of the real emcee's out there right now.
yeah this is messed up

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
Exodus

Exodus shaolin monk

gaaaaaah, no
Exodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:43 PM   #10
junius
ADEPT

junius Village Idiot

who gives a shit? tho' if those tool really does quit, maybe he & Saigon make team up on their "comeback," executive produced by Just Blaze & Memphis Bleek.

"Can't Stop Won't Stop"-- Beanie Sigel, "dope" lyricist on BDR
junius is offline   Reply With Quote