news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Hip-Hop News Articles

Old 12-12-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
MR HIP HOP HEAD
Veteran Member

MR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tigerMR HIP HOP HEAD crouching tiger
Default Jay-Z Says Being Def Jam Prez Is 'Not about money'

Quote:

Despite numerous reports and rumors over the past week in regard to Jay-Z's contract as Def Jam Prez coming up and him asking for a sizable salary, the entrepreneur and rapper says it's not about the money.

Via a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Jay-Z made it clear he's not worried about the money, but rather about the future of the music business and how he can contribute.

"It's not about money," he said. "That's really the last thing. Of course, as a person that does these type of things and puts his heart and soul into it -- and it's effective, as the Grammy's would indicate -- you want to be compensated for what you do. But it's really not about money. It's really about the future of the music business, and not wasting anyone's time. I don't ever want to sit in a seat just to sit in a seat. I could be off doing something else that's beneficial to the future of the music business as well as myself. So it's not about money! I mean, you couldn't pay me enough."

According to Jay, a recent report from the New York Daily News, which said that his contract negotiations with Def Jam were at a standstill because of his big demands, is not true. But as far as him still holding the position in the coming new year, he just isn't sure.

"Yeah, I think -- I don't know. Let me not even say that. I don't know. We'll see how it goes," he admitted.

He did say they were close to coming to an agreement, which should be known within the next couple of weeks.

During the rest of the interview, Jay speaks on the numerous Grammy nominations his label, Def Jam, has garnered and how he feels about them.

The full interview can be read at EW.com.
http://www.streethop.com/forums/article.php?t=97328
MR HIP HOP HEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:58 PM   #2
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

The only honest word is "You couldn't pay me enough."
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:00 AM   #3
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Biggest Lie Since Chicks Were Like "the Baby Is Yours"
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
CharlesJones
National Director of Toe-sucking & Janitorial Affairs

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

If it's not about the money, why would some Def Jam employees make this stuff up on Jay-Z? It's always about the money with people.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:52 PM   #5
TUCO
THE DIFFERENCE

TUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killaTUCO shaolin masta killa

money is GOD

TUCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
Maxxx Millisecondz
Venemous Saliva Spit

Maxxx Millisecondz grasshopper

not about money.....i LOLed like a lunatic when i read that.

the debut album: Better 8 Than Never NOW AVAILABLE!!!

coming soon to Newbury Comics!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/8bzagnojusticenopeace
http://www.myspace.com/8bzabeatspage
Maxxx Millisecondz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
Rame
Wu Vatican

Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Rame Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

He already has 500 million right? Don't think he will stress about his Def Jam salary.
Rame is offline   Reply With Quote