news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 12-28-2007, 02:02 PM   #1
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo
Default The Great Debaters

Has anyone seen this movie?
Personally, I almost broke into tears 2 times: 1st when the girl, Samantha (Jurnee Smollett), held her first debate with the University of Oklahoma City ... that moment, that passion, that acting, her voice ... the vibe when she says "the time is now!" ... I think if the moment would've lasted 1 second longer I would've literally broke into tears. The 2nd moment was when James (Denzel Whitaker) ended his speech at Harvad by saying that it is not just a right, but a duty to resist the unjust law and that he may do that by violence or civil disobedience ... "and pray that I choose the latter one!"
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I posted a topic about this already. Yeah i saw it on Christmas and it was very good. The theater i went to had mostly blacks in there and when the movie was over, everybody clapped. The funny thing about that is the people that clapped, them muthafuckas won't even get their kids to enter into a debate contest at school because if they do that, they'll get laughed at by the ignorant stupid black kids for being smart. My brother talked about that after him and i left from the theater. He said those people that clapped are just fronting because they won't get their kids to be in a debate contest at school because when black kids are smart, ignorant black kids think they're trying to be white. LOL@scene when Jurnee Smollett slapped that dude when she came to class to be back on the debate team after she had quit because the dude she slapped who she had sex with, she saw him kissing another woman.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

Why aren't more people watching this movie? I mean ... it's a really good movie
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:34 PM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Because most blacks aren't interested in educational films. We'd rather watch ignorant films like American Gangster, Paid In Full, Hot Boys, Baller Blockin hahahahahahahahahahaha.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^lmfao

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

its just seems kinda lame honestly...but i dunno..havent seen it.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

It's not lame. It's a good movie. Very well done and the acting was good. Like i said, most blacks aren't interested in educational films. We support the ignorant ghetto films like Soul Plane, Menace II Society, Boyz N The Hood, New Jack City, Juice, Belly hahahahahahahahahaha. Any black film that has some sex, violence, cursing, we will support LOL.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #8
Paranoid
Venom

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

relax you little weiner...i said i havent seen it so i dont know. im not black either why all u fags on this site always drag race into shit...stfu
Old 02-04-2008, 07:38 PM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

You shut the fuck up, ignorant bitch. Your dumb ass need to see a educational movie like The Great Debaters. I'm so tired of ignorant clowns like you who don't take education seriously and then your dumb ass wonder why you can't get a good job. You would rather support ignorant violent movies than support The Great Debaters.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 PM   #10
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

Quote:
We support the ignorant ghetto films like Soul Plane, Menace II Society, Boyz N The Hood, New Jack City, Juice, Belly hahahahahahahahahaha. Any black film that has some sex, violence, cursing, we will support LOL.

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! WHAT WHAT WHAT!?!?!??!!? ARE YOU CALLING "BOYZ N THE HOOD" AND "MENACE II SOCIETY" IGNORANT BLACK FILMS?!??!!? DID YOU NOT SEE THE MESSEGE IN THOSE FILMS? ARE YOU TO BLIND TO REALIZE WHAT WAS BEHIND ALL OF IT????? YOU SIR ARE IGNORANT, SO HOT BOUT YOU SHUT THEEEEEEEE FUCK UP BEFORE YOU MAKE AN EVEN BIGGER FOOL OUT OF YOURSELF!!! All your posts are complaining about black culture, you definitly don't need to bring that shit here in a Wu forum where almost 80% of us are completley sophisticated as to the point we realize this shit and bringing up the topic over and over again doesn't reach to anyone new.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 03:53 PM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

I know that Boyz N The Hood and Menace II Society had messages in those films but trust me, the ignorant blacks who saw those movies could care less about the messages in those films. Like i said, most blacks aren't interested in educational black films like The Great Debaters and Akeelah And The Bee.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:05 PM   #12
STYLE

most people who saw Debaters and Akeela were black.
ignorant white folks would rather watch american idol over 60 Mins.
whats ur point.

oh yeah GB = graet movie. i own a DVD screener.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #13
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
The funny thing about that is the people that clapped, them muthafuckas won't even get their kids to enter into a debate contest at school because if they do that, they'll get laughed at by the ignorant stupid black kids for being smart. .
this is a very good point you made

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 03:40 PM   #14
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Stylemasterr my point is that most blacks aren't interested in educational black films. I know that most blacks were the only ones who saw The Great Debaters and Akeelah And The Bee but i think some whites saw these films also.
Old 02-14-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
STYLE

most people aren't interested in education. why do you insist on making that point exculsive to black folks?

oh yeah, I was on my HS varcity debate team, took 4th in state. Also a ranking member in the National Forensics League. Debate is the shit. Mental Chess.