news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 12-31-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury
Default Any Alan Moore fans..?

Yo so I just copped V for Vendetta, Watchmen and From Hell. Which should I read first? Which is the best?
Old 01-04-2008, 11:05 AM   #2
Paranoid
-

Paranoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of furyParanoid fist of fury

Decided to go with watchmen...cuz i read its apparently like the greatest comic ever written, and i must say im extremely pleased so far. i cant put the damn thing down. if anyone is serious with comix im sure youve already read it but for noobs yo check this shit out its the bomb.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
SMH
SHAOLIN STUDENT

SMH crouching tiger

Watchmen IS one of the best comics ever written along with The Dark Knight Returns.
The Killing Joke , one of the best Joker Stories, was also written by Alan Moore i think.
SMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM   #4
Paranoid
-

yes i was able to pick up some frank miller classics as well such the dark knight returns & year one. the killing joke is quite rare im afraid, but i do intend on snagging it. if im able to find it im probably gonna have to spend a bit. I could always get this, http://www.amazon.com/DC-Universe-St...9566996&sr=8-3 its a compilation with random alan moore stories he did for DC and features the killing joke
Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #5
Shitao
ASP's S

Shitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkey
Send a message via MSN to Shitao

V, Watchmen, From Hell... Classics. The most impressive works of Moore IMO is how, like Miller in a different way, he have given deepness and a second life to all these comics. Spawn, Batman (Killing Joke is THE best Batman IMO...a little better than Darknight)... The Moore's Swamp Thing is just Amazing. The Prometheas too. And the Top10..... DAMN!!!! My fav comic writer with Neil Gaiman.
Shitao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
Paranoid
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shitao View Post
V, Watchmen, From Hell... Classics. The most impressive works of Moore IMO is how, like Miller in a different way, he have given deepness and a second life to all these comics. Spawn, Batman (Killing Joke is THE best Batman IMO...a little better than Darknight)... The Moore's Swamp Thing is just Amazing. The Prometheas too. And the Top10..... DAMN!!!! My fav comic writer with Neil Gaiman.
Alan Moore did Spawn? I want Swamp thing but it will cost alot to get all of them. What has Neil Gaiman done?
Old 01-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #7
Shitao
ASP's S

Shitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkeyShitao iron monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick View Post
Alan Moore did Spawn?
Spawn #8: "In Heaven" (with Todd McFarlane)
Spawn #32 (short story, prequel to Blood Feud)
Spawn: Blood Feud (with Tony Daniel and Kevin Conrad, Titan, 1999, ISBN 1-84023-117-3)
Spawn #37: "The Freak" (dialogue only, plotted by Todd McFarlane)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._by_Alan_Moore

And Neil gaiman has made a lot of masterpieces too. Novels, Poems, Comics... The must have are the comics serie Sandman (my fav serie ever), the one-shots The Tragical Comedy or Comical Tragedy of Mr. Punch, Violent Cases and Black Orchid and the novel American Gods.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_gaiman
Old 01-06-2008, 04:57 PM   #8
Shitao
ASP's S

Quote:
Yo so I just copped V for Vendetta, Watchmen and From Hell. Which should I read first? Which is the best?
There isn't a "best one" in my opinion. 3 really differents works. From Hell is just an amazing way to deal with this dark dark story. The graphic work is really grimmy and the narration is SICK. V is a really interesting political work with DOPE DOPE graphical job. But Watchmen is maybe my fav. Deep tale about the american super-hero myth. A classic.

Good reading
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Watchmen is iconic.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 AM   #10
Paranoid
-

theyre making a watchmen movie...

Last edited by Paranoid; 01-07-2008 at 09:49 AM.
Paranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #11
SMH
SHAOLIN STUDENT

SMH crouching tiger

yea i know
SMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #12
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

figures...this one better be carefully done...and dark...who should do it?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #13
Paranoid
-

i just hope its good unlike some comic book movies. how was v for vendetta? never saw it
Old 01-08-2008, 02:26 PM   #14
Shitao
ASP's S

Quote:
how was v for vendetta? never saw it
Pffff...could be worst. A correct movie no more no less.
Old 01-12-2008, 02:49 AM   #15
STYLE

Quote:
i just hope its good unlike some comic book movies. how was v for vendetta? never saw it
i thought it was well done. but you can only fit so much in 120 mins