news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-04-2005, 02:06 PM   #1
Eternally Forever

Eternally Forever grasshopper
Default Different Views.

Do you feel that people from Africa that have settled in America in the past decade feel more accepted by white society than those who have grown up in an urban black setting?
Eternally Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #2
100pr00f
Deadly Venom

100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)100pr00f Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Re: Different Views.

mmmproly not.....

i had some that went to school and the afa's were making fun of him couse the way he talks the way he looks how much darker he hi

damn

i think some of the africans dont get no respect from all races here
thats from what i have seen ...i dont have a prob wit them
im white

i think they have more respect then the ones born here couse they got nothing to hate on as much as the the afas born in the usa

couse of slavery
100pr00f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:45 PM   #3
Eternally Forever

Eternally Forever grasshopper

I don't think that slavery can become the deciding factor in this situation because the people that move here from Africa are aware of racial discrepancies before they come here.

What I'm really trying to piece together is that it's no longer slavery that is the issue here. It's acceptance and the importance of self worth. We all already know that it's been a really long struggle for the blacks in America to get ahead but we see it happening before us and that can only foreshadow what to expect in the future. Those that are settling here from Africa haven't lived in the same situation as those who have descended here for generations. I personally feel that those comings from Africa are accepted the same as any other immigrant from any other country (Which racism is a world thing in America so that isn't saying much.). They have a different culture and a different set of views that even differs to an extent from the blacks who have been living here in America. Can't this be the start of a realization that blacks have been stereotype in America for their brutality as a direct result of slavery and segregation. Whites can't be blamed fully but they were the immediate cause. Here we had a culture that was living in the land of the free without freedom and then without acceptance. They had to lose pieces of their heritage whiles trying to maintain it all the same. The black culture today is already (being that only 12% of the population is black) taken over and were seeing more point of views and more history and curiosity from the young white generation. Those that are coming here from Africa are coming for a better life just like anyone else that has migrated to America. Most of those that come from Africa are educated or dedicated workers seeking further advancement here, they have strong goals and hope. I think they feel different from blacks already living here because this is understood from the white population and whites are intrigued by those who walk a different life. Today though it's a different story because the children of blacks have better means to attain and achieve the same goals that whites are which creates a whole new set of boundaries that whites can't deny which ends up ruling out racial stereotypes in general.
Eternally Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:21 PM   #4
Wooly Noggins
There is No We !

Wooly Noggins shaolin monk
Send a message via ICQ to Wooly Noggins Send a message via AIM to Wooly Noggins Send a message via Yahoo to Wooly Noggins

black people in america don't know how to treat people

when brothers from africa come here they get treated like shit

same with mexicans, black people in cali treat mexicans like a disease

"E E Even if i stutter i'ma Still Come Off"
Wooly Noggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Born Ruler I
Lord of the Perfect Black

Born Ruler I grasshopper

Wait a minute.

You have to put everything in the proper context.

Afrikans from various countries are bombarded with MTV and Cops. They only see the WORST of what Black people in Amerikkka have to offer. And when they come here they are greeted by US reps who tell them to stay away from Black Amerikkkans because we are 'lazy criminals.' Every friend I have from the continent has said the same thing.

And Black people her- ALL people her in Amerikkka- are bombarded by Afrikan images of famine, rain forests (jungles), third world conditions, scantily clothed indigenous people, and terrorists. We do not see the beautiful cities and the modern society that most Afrikan nations truly exist as.

So misinformation is directed both ways and the result is distrust and prejudice based on propoganda.

That is the reality.

One

http://www.soundclick.com/pandemoniumakagabriel
http://www.myspace.com/pandemoniumgabriel
Born Ruler I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #6
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

good question
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #7
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

up
LORD NOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Different views.

View - The ability to see something or to be seen from a particular place.

We have different views because we are looking at things from different places, even though we might be looking at the same thing...

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

A Galactic Funking Hunt Wit Not Wont
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #9
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Why do you think our view is so fragmented like it is ?

Is it possible that we had more of a collective, harmonious view a few centuries ago before T.V. And Radio ?
Old 02-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #10
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I don't see it as fragmented. I see it as colored. Colored by the subjective.

I'm not sure we had a collected "view". Maybe collective enculturation.

TV programming & radio broadcasting are just some tools used to enculturate. We could learn from them what is right and what is wrong, who is in power and who is the social outcast, who should we love and hate, etc.

A few hundred yrs ago we had sayings, and stories, and myths.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMJ View Post
I don't see it as fragmented. I see it as colored. Colored by the subjective.
can you explain the difference ?

Quote:
I'm not sure we had a collected "view". Maybe collective enculturation.
i'm saying we most likely moved as one more so back in the day.
perhaps laws and restrictions put on us didn't allow for us to explore ourselves as individuals like we do today

Quote:
TV programming & radio broadcasting are just some tools used to enculturate.
who is distributing these tools and what are they making them out of ?

it used to be the powers that be moving what we see and hear through these mediums

today, it's us who were molded and shaped by the powers that be that moves what we see fit to the eyes and ears of the masses

Quote:
We could learn from them what is right and what is wrong, who is in power and who is the social outcast, who should we love and hate, etc.
sounds like old world tactics

Quote:
A few hundred yrs ago we had sayings, and stories, and myths.

statues, and wall pictures.
today we have adobe flash
Old 02-17-2013, 05:25 PM   #12
diggy
The ABBOTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
can you explain the difference ?
The innability to see what a thing is and not color it by what we think it is - prejudgements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD NOSE View Post
i'm saying we most likely moved as one more so back in the day.
perhaps laws and restrictions put on us didn't allow for us to explore ourselves as individuals like we do today
Was this moving as one because of wanting to go in the same direction willingly, or did ostracism, shunning, and threats, play a role.

Quote:

Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
The innability to see what a thing is and not color it by what we think it is - prejudgements.
as fragments ourselves, we can only see a portion of what a thing is - what we think it is, is a reality for us - and if we have power and control over this thing, it will eventually be molded more into what we have in mind

what we are seeing may not be incorrect, it just may be the potential of a thing.

to some people you may be tall, to others, you may be short, but what are you in reality ?

Quote:
Was this moving as one because of wanting to go in the same direction willingly, or did ostracism, shunning, and threats, play a role.

we moved as one because we had less power as individuals - because real work was required in order for one to eat/survive -

today, and individual can buy his way - artificial power - brought about so that the weakest among us can rule for a set time.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Originally Posted by FMJ
Was this moving as one because of wanting to go in the same direction willingly,

we moved as one because one man can till but so much land by himself

" or did ostracism, shunning, and threats, play a role."

this part ^ i didn't understand
Old 02-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #15
diggy
The ABBOTT

Difference is sometimes unwelcome. A person who wants to be different by not following the group and doing there own thing in could be looked down upon. To keep people in line, threats could be made explicit and implicit about the negative effect of leaving the group.

Quote: