news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-13-2008, 04:31 PM   #16
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post

anyway here's a very interesting documentary about a high functioning autistic savant. he memorized pi to a little over 22,000 digits which took about 5 hours to recite. he does it by seeing numbers as if they were a type of landscape instead of hard calculation. it's worth seeing just to hear his description of certain numbers...
^^^ yeah i seen this^^^
i can kinda understand what he means. as a child i learned basic math by visualizzing 0-10 as people. each with a gender and a special relationship to one another. like a soap opera
for example

8 and 6 are females and they are always competing for 4's attention. 8+6=14 8x6=48

3, 9 and 6 are sisters

only males are 1, 4, 7

2 was the mom idk why.

10 is the father

some of the shit i cant really verbalize but i the relationships are really clear in my head.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:49 PM   #17
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
^^^ yeah i seen this^^^
i can kinda understand what he means. as a child i learned basic math by visualizzing 0-10 as people. each with a gender and a special relationship to one another. like a soap opera
for example
actually I visualized those numbers in a similar way with their relationships

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

b: revealing or reflecting good judgment or sound thought : skillful

2 a: possessing intelligence b: guided or directed by intellect : rational

trying to reveal or reflect good judgment or sound thought on a subject you know nothing about is not intelligent
Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 AM   #19
dezmond

dezmond crouching tigerdezmond crouching tiger
Unhappy

Being open to the possibility you could be wrong about anything
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #20
Tyler Durden
You are not your job

Tyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken masta

I found this on a site quite a while ago.
As much as I understand it, I don't at the same time.

A collection of data is not information.
A collection of information is not knowledge.
A collection of knowledge is not wisdom.
A collection of wisdom is not truth.

I get that wisdom is not always truth.

But I've been led to believe in my life that a collection of information 'IS' knowledge.
Depends on what information information it is I suppose.

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:44 AM   #21
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
^^^ yeah i seen this^^^
for example

8 and 6 are females and they are always competing for 4's attention. 8+6=14 8x6=48

3, 9 and 6 are sisters

only males are 1, 4, 7

2 was the mom idk why.

10 is the father

some of the shit i cant really verbalize but i the relationships are really clear in my head.
Damn, thats an interesting way of looking at it. I've never been good at maths, wish I had figured a system like this when I was a kid.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #22
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

a mind with a collection of knowledge/information, without understanding, is a dangerous mind.

Understanding is the highest form of Knowledge
Old 01-14-2008, 11:02 AM   #23
Prolifical ENG
Semi Retired

Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Prolifical ENG Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWisdom View Post
I found this on a site quite a while ago.
As much as I understand it, I don't at the same time.

I get that wisdom is not always truth.

But I've been led to believe in my life that a collection of information 'IS' knowledge.
Depends on what information information it is I suppose.
If you know what that information means and where its place is amongst everything else, it can be knowledge....otherwise it is just something someone with knowledge told you and you then believe since thats as far as you got.

Perhaps data, information, knowledge, wisdom and truth are more like respective levels. If you draw the right conclusion in that level so everything is sound, it goes up one level.

To "measure" intelligence I guess you need to be in the higher levels in a subject (or even the truth), to go with what SUNNY pulled up " revealing or reflecting good judgment or sound thought" since the higher levels require this.

Prolifical ENG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #24
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Intelligence should be measured by:

One's ability to determine the outcome of any action.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:53 PM   #25
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Intelligence should be measured by:

One's ability to determine the outcome of any action.
I like that one.
The ability to see things for what they are and not what they appear to be.
Old 01-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #26
WARPATH
Dinosaur Hunter

WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)WARPATH Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via Skype™ to WARPATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Matic View Post
OH WOW ME TOO I GUESS WE'RE ALL SUPERHEROES, AND THIS IS WHERE WE WERE DESTINED TO MEET UP
Some us here are super heroes. The rest of you are here to bask in our presence.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:56 PM   #27
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS View Post
Some us here are super heroes. The rest of you are here to bask in our presence.

I concur......

so who is your rhymin hero?

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:57 PM   #28
NAKHI the SOLORIAN
i still love h.e.r.

NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NAKHI the SOLORIAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNNY WINTERS View Post
a mind with a collection of knowledge/information, without understanding, is a dangerous mind.

Understanding is the highest form of Knowledge

so true

click the sig if you vatican status
NAKHI the SOLORIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:28 PM   #29
STYLE

"10% sugar
80% water
2% citric acid
4% flavoring
.5% color
3.5% additives and preservatives"

that is data

information is the outputted result of processing that data.
"softdrink X is for the most part flavored water"

"softdrinks are mostly water, most juices are from concentrate, pure bottled water has no minerals,"
that is a collection of information

knowledge is the outputted result of processing information
most of the popular drinks do not provide the essential nutients recommended for healthly living"
that is knowledge

now wisdom is the understanding and APPLICATION of knowledge.

"in order for me to lead a healthy lifestyle i will avoid drinking x,y,z"
that is wisdom.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:33 PM   #30
STYLE

Quote:

"10% sugar
80% water
2% citric acid
4% flavoring
.5% color
3.5% additives and preservatives"

that is data

information is the outputted result of processing that data.
"softdrink X is for the most part flavored water"

"softdrinks are mostly water, most juices are from concentrate, pure bottled water has no minerals,"
that is a collection of information

knowledge is the outputted result of processing information
most of the popular drinks do not provide the essential nutients recommended for healthly living"
that is knowledge

now wisdom is the understanding and APPLICATION of knowledge.

"in order for me to lead a healthy lifestyle i will avoid drinking x,y,z"
that is wisdom.

now you can take any statement made here in KTL and use this line of reasoning in reverse order to deduce the truth.

you will find that the foundation is not built on information or knowledge. they take data and present it as knowledge.