news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-15-2008, 11:03 AM   #31
KERZO
☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)KERZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

listening to WU

Last edited by KERZO; 01-17-2008 at 10:53 AM.
KERZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 02:00 PM   #32
dezmond

dezmond crouching tigerdezmond crouching tiger
Thumbs up

Posting on WU-CORP..
Old 01-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #33
Tyler Durden
You are not your job

Tyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken mastaTyler Durden drunken masta

STYLEMASTERR aka Alkhemist = Quite a clever guy.

Tyler Durden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 07:37 PM   #34
THE W
ISRAELITE

THE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venomsTHE W five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
dealing with information efficiently in any given circumstance.
nail...on...head
The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)
THE W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:59 PM   #35
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmond View Post
Being open to the possibility you could be wrong about anything
That's the Socratic view. That applies to wisdom though.

Being knowledgable is not being intelligent, neither is being wise. I think intelligence stems from learning. Remember that kid in math class who always understood new concepts as they were being taught, before anybody else? That kid was intelligent. The kid who knew everything that had already been taught was just a hard-worker and was good at studying and memorizing; however, it is intelligent to work hard and study, but the real deciding factor on the child's intelligince would be the speed at which he picks up new concepts.

So perhaps intelligence is equal to the speed of comprehension? Like...seeing the big picture

Fuck, I don't know. I'm talking myself into the corner here lol
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #36
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

In the same vein:

You have somebody who teaches himself to play piano overnight, and somebody who took piano lessons for years. At the end, these two people have the exact same piano skills, but are they both intelligent, or is the kid who learned overnight more intelligent?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:15 PM   #37
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

I JUST MADE A BREAKTHROUGH!

While I was typing my last post, my friend and I had a fucked up conversation on MSN that went like this:

єιιioт says:
slut

D-Rez says:
did you fart? i smell vaseline

єιιioт says:
no

D-Rez says:
are you sure your anus just isn't too loose to tell? probably sounds like an exhale when you fart

єιιioт says:
im sure

єιιioт says:
i just felt my anus

єιιioт says:
its very tight

D-Rez says:
like....seven year old girl tight?

єιιioт says:
6 year old girl

D-Rez says:
man you must have to shit every 23 minutes to ensure minimal anus-damage

єιιioт says:
yeah but then i get to read alot

єιιioт says:
and therefore im smart

єιιioт says:
lol

D-Rez says:
so...intelligence is a product of a tight anus.

єιιioт says:
indirectly yes

D-Rez says:
interesting...i guess i'm making my girlfriend unintelligent then
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM   #38
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rez View Post

Being knowledgable is not being intelligent, neither is being wise. I think intelligence stems from learning. Remember that kid in math class who always understood new concepts as they were being taught, before anybody else? That kid was intelligent. The kid who knew everything that had already been taught was just a hard-worker and was good at studying and memorizing; however, it is intelligent to work hard and study, but the real deciding factor on the child's intelligince would be the speed at which he picks up new concepts.

So perhaps intelligence is equal to the speed of comprehension? Like...seeing the big picture

Fuck, I don't know. I'm talking myself into the corner here lol
this is good right here
Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM   #39
STYLE

i am tempted to include sports in the equation.
they say sports is 10% physical 90% mental.
MJ was a basketball genius. So was Rodman, dennis rodman might have been the smartest player in NBA history.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #40
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rez View Post
The kid who knew everything that had already been taught was just a hard-worker and was good at studying and memorizing; however, it is intelligent to work hard and study
no actually it is wise to work hard. that wisdom is based on the knowledge gleaned from information. which we ironicaly call "common knowlege". today knowledge is very uncommon even tho more data is available than any other time in human history.

look at it like this.

the stock section of the newspaper is data.

an investor analyzes the data, and in combination with experience, gains knowledge

wisdom is applying that knowledge to make profitable trades

but someone who can memorize the s&p 500 daily numbers is not intelligent. unless he can predict trends based on that info.

Last edited by STYLE; 01-20-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #41
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post
no actually it is wise to work hard. that wisdom is based on the knowledge gleaned from information. which we ironicaly call "common knowlege". today knowledge is very uncommon even tho more data is available than any other time in human history.

look at it like this.

the stock section of the newspaper is data.

an investor analyzes the data, and in combination with experience, gains knowledge

wisdom is applying that knowledge to make profitable trades

but someone who can memorize the s&p 500 daily numbers is not intelligent. unless he can predict trends based on that info.
Cool, so you're saying wisdom is the application of knowledge. And you also said that intelligence would be using the wisdom to predict future trends.

So Data --> Knowledge --> Wisdom --> Intelligence

So somebody who studies and memorizes things is knowledgable. Somebody who uses this knowledge to their advantage is wise, and somebody who makes their own deductions and theories using this wisdom is intelligent?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #42
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

knowledge is what you intake from everything - wisdom is gained by getting experienced using your knowledge -
understanding is being able to stand after your experiences
Old 01-21-2008, 12:21 AM   #43
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

I know we've already denounced the IQ Test, but I found this funny.

In my psychology class, our prof showed us some famous IQs.

George W Bush - 91
Koko the Trained Gorilla - 90
Old 01-21-2008, 12:37 AM   #44
STYLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Matic View Post
yeah but MJ's autobiography sucked, even with his co-author's help
athletic prowess ≠ literary greatness
lol

i did think come fly with me and the other dvd (forget the name) were great.

like when he described his view of the rim as being as big as a hula hoop.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:04 AM   #45
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

being able to be understood