news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > Misc > Scriptures Forum > Comics

Old 07-11-2009, 09:11 PM   #31
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^ya that one's really great, esad ribic's art is beautiful in that too, and jms killed the storyline

i read this probably 2 weeks after my grandfather passed and it did make me cry a little bit
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:45 PM   #32
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to Poetic Wun

everyone I know that read it/i had read it said the same. I honestly couldn't believe how well it all came together, it all fit hand in hand. the story needed the art just as the art with the story. I think it was really under rated tho. there wasn't a lot of comic heads I knew hypin it.

what's your fav

Poetic Wun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #33
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

ya, it's criminally underrated...it should be an undisputed classic, hopefully it will eventually attain that status

as far as my favorites, i couldn't pick just one...off the top of my head

v for vendetta
watchmen
promethea
fables
sandman
inhumans (paul jenkins and jae lee)
warlock (jim starlin)
swamp thing (alan moore)
batman year one
batman dark knight returns
the adventures of luther arkwright
stray toasters
Old 07-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #34
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Infinity Gauntlet, Miller's Daredevil shit, Sandman, and Sin City...and of course Madman
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #35
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^infinity gauntlet was my first exposure to cosmic epics...that was my shit i think i was in like third grade when that came out and i went insane trying to buy all the tie-ins...the spider-man tie in is a classic...he dies and tries to fight thanos in front of death...you can probably get it for cheap...maybe nostalgia's talking but i loved it...also the silver surfer tie-ins were awesome

you should get the marvel masterworks warlock book...it's jim starlin at his acidhead best from the 70s...it's the original saga of his war against thanos and magus...

just get this volume...volume 1 is by roy thomas and gil kane and is not that hot...has nothing to do with this storyline

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 07-11-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #36
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

Poetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venomsPoetic Wun five deadly venoms

inhumans, fables and V are nice. never could get into the rest. when I was younger the characters expanded beyond my mind frame so I dismissed alot of good shit, unfortunately. the original wonder woman run was ill, I thought, despite what it was reaching for. can't say much for the art but it was written well relatively speaking lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
Infinity Gauntlet, Miller's Daredevil shit, Sandman, and Sin City...and of course Madman
when I was a wee little baby my step dads sister shoved miller down my throat. I never really cared for Dark Knight but I was naive then. yellow was superb and from then on DD been my shit so that's prolly my 3rd fav is Millers DD. Sin City was fresh man, I doubted it at first but I never regretted picking that up.

Last edited by Poetic Wun; 07-11-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 PM   #37
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^i need to get caught up on sin city...i've just read the first one with marv and a dame to kill for...

hellboy's good also but i've only got the first 3 graphic novels so i can't comment on how consistent it is

Last edited by Dr. Simon Hurt; 07-11-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:56 PM   #38
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

how old are you P?

Old 07-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #39
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^25...been reading comics since i was like 5...think my first exposure was a spidey coloring book before that lol

you?
Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #40
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

I was 8, I got adopted when I was 6 by my pops so I had a fam that finally had dough to buy shit other than beans lol but his sister was a comic head so she got me diggin it more than she anticipated I think.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #41
Poetic Wun
Non-Ignorants

cap was prolly my first love in comics. I thought he was invincible.

you?

Old 07-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #42
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

probably batman or spider-man...my dad was a comic head from the old school, jack kirby's his art god and fantastic four is his favorite shit.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #43
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

not to be cliche but im surprised no one mentioned the Dark Phoenix Saga
Old 07-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #44
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

^^^to me giant size x-men #1, and uncanny x-men #94-142 is a saga in it's own right.

but yes this is definitely a classic, but to me you have to include shit like the proteus story and days of future past and the phoenix saga with the m'kraan crystal so that it has complete context.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:54 PM   #45
sdeblasi
The Special Technique

sdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal sonsdeblasi prodigal son

^ yea i agree all that shit is beyond classic

Claremonts Entire run on uncanny should be required reading for anyone interested at all in x-men...well at least the first 100 or so issues

Last edited by sdeblasi; 07-12-2009 at 01:59 PM.
sdeblasi is offline   Reply With Quote