news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-20-2008, 11:02 PM   #46
Hollow Dartz
Don't grab my jacket dunn

Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Hollow Dartz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to Hollow Dartz

Yo my nigga Taruo be grindin in the Box Office Section!!!!! Holdin' it down!!!
Hollow Dartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #47
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

On April 19, 2008, the Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li movie blog announced that Robin Shou was cast as Gen, Chun Li's mentor and the ensemble's resident martial arts master. The site featured pictures of Shou in character, and offered updates about the production including comments by screenwriter Justin Marks.

Check out an image of Shou as Gen:

Following the casting announcement, which highlighted Shou's past work in the Mortal Kombat movie franchise, the blog posted an extended description of the film by Marks. About the ideas behind the film, Marks said, "Any true fan of Street Fighter knows about its rich world, its colorful palette of characters, and complicated web of varying interests and betrayals. No story? You're just not paying attention."

Comparing the film to the X-Men franchise, another series potentially overloaded with characters, Marks explained that he built his story around Chun Li and expanded the universe from there. "Think of the X-Men franchise," he wrote. "Think of the way it started with a simple story of Wolverine trying to find a place in the world. And then it spawned an entire universe of amazing characters. If we didn't keep this movie grounded, we would risk turning Street Fighter into a parody of itself. And to those of us who are fans of fighting franchises, the last thing we want is a movie that doesn't take itself seriously.

"It starts and ends with character. Everything else is just window dressing. Easter eggs (keep your eyes peeled…). Setups for a sequel. Moments that reference favorite moves from the game. They are all secondary to what a good movie should be about: the people in it. Chun-Li. She comes from nothing. She's an unlikely hero. And then, against all odds, this little girl who everyone wrote off eventually saves the day."

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #48
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

they aren't going down this road again they totally gonna fuck it up

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 05:02 PM   #49
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^what road?

Method Man
Old 04-25-2008, 05:46 AM   #50
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

Lol, that Jean Claude Van Damme Street Fighter flick was hilarious I wonder what this'll be like LMAO.

But...I would have chosen a real Asian chick to play Chun-Li tho and not Krisitin Kreuk, she's what, half Dutch, half Chinese, what's that about.....

It better have Ken and Ryu in it AND Akuma.....
Old 04-25-2008, 10:16 AM   #51
Orion Nebulus
Scientifical Ninja

Orion Nebulus drunken mastaOrion Nebulus drunken masta

I just smell yet another failure. Why can they not just put up a story based on Ryu and Ken since they are the stars of the SF franchise????

"One arm bandit..stab companions with intricate sentences...battle crews single- handed..with cannons that blow you from here to other planets."

Last edited by Orion Nebulus; 04-25-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Orion Nebulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #52
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Nebulus View Post
I just smell yet another failure. Why can they not just put up a story based on Ryu and Ken since they are the stars of the SF franchise????
My guess is they are saving them for a sequel, having Chun Li as the main character for the first film is clearly the film makers way of playing it safe, testing out the waters so to speak. I actually think it's a good idea to do it this way because should the film be a success, by the time they begin prep for the second they will know what worked and what didn't, making sure that a flick starring Ryu & Ken get much better treatment.

Method Man
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM   #53
LORD ZERO
THE SHADOW DRAGON

LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD ZERO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to LORD ZERO Send a message via MSN to LORD ZERO Send a message via Yahoo to LORD ZERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellington View Post
Lol, that Jean Claude Van Damme Street Fighter flick was hilarious I wonder what this'll be like LMAO.

But...I would have chosen a real Asian chick to play Chun-Li tho and not Krisitin Kreuk, she's what, half Dutch, half Chinese, what's that about.....

It better have Ken and Ryu in it AND Akuma.....

akuma?!?! nigga! the movie is trainwreck already.......LEAVE AKUMA OUT OF THIS!! GOD KNOWS THEYRE JUST GONNA RUIN HIM!
LORD ZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 12:53 PM   #54
TAURO
El Don of this shit

I laugh at peoples cynicism of the bat without at least seeing some footage.

Method Man
Old 04-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #55
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

You don't need footage to be disappointed that it's Hollywood's second attempt at a Street Fighter film and they're still ignoring the two characters that have been the focus since the original Street Fighter game.

I'd rather see a new SF anime though anyway. If they did another proper film like the anime movie that would be a much better idea.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 01:58 PM   #56
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinx View Post
You don't need footage to be disappointed that it's Hollywood's second attempt at a Street Fighter film and they're still ignoring the two characters that have been the focus since the original Street Fighter game.

I'd rather see a new SF anime though anyway. If they did another proper film like the anime movie that would be a much better idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAURO DA GRIM LATIN View Post
My guess is they are saving them for a sequel, having Chun Li as the main character for the first film is clearly the film makers way of playing it safe, testing out the waters so to speak. I actually think it's a good idea to do it this way because should the film be a success, by the time they begin prep for the second they will know what worked and what didn't, making sure that a flick starring Ryu & Ken get much better treatment.

Method Man
Old 04-28-2008, 03:27 PM   #57
Skellington

Skellington shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to Skellington

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD ZERO View Post
akuma?!?! nigga! the movie is trainwreck already.......LEAVE AKUMA OUT OF THIS!! GOD KNOWS THEYRE JUST GONNA RUIN HIM!
Yeah, y'r right, they should leave this alone...

Quote:
I laugh at peoples cynicism of the bat without at least seeing some footage.
Well, and I laugh at people who have no taste in movies what so ever
I laugh at people who only stick their nose in Hollywood garbage and their rip offs....
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #58
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

Robin Shou was fucking SICK as Liu Kang in the MK movies, a great pic for the poster boy of the series, glad he's back in this movie
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #59
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

im happy they didnt get antonio banderas as vega

whos playing bison??

william dafoe would be great ...hes a nut...well at least he was in boondock saints

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:11 PM   #60
chiba
N.I.

chiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venomschiba five deadly venoms

they should make a snk movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vVJ0k2thM

chea!!!

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants
chiba is offline   Reply With Quote