news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 01-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #2971
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
gets it in
HA, does he now?
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #2972
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://vickileekx.com/
Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 PM   #2973
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:

Ive always been a huge fan of hip-hop music, its totally what I grew up listening to as a kid. I remember being just five-years old, dancing to songs from artists like A Tribe Called Quest and Lauryn Hill in the basement with my older sister. It was a simpler time in the 90s, music-blogs were not the main source for music and the majority of what was being played on radio was actually good. It was the subtle rise of a new and fresh genre, that would eventually be the spearhead of the next generation. Hip-Hop music is something that is very special to me, but recently Ive fallen out of the loop. I really only have a couple of hip-hop/r&b artists on my iPod and I barely cover any rap music on this blog. So the more I started to think about how much Ive fallen out of touch with rap music, the more inspired I got to do something about it.

Im intrigued by the fact that so many new artists (Star Slinger, How to Dress Well, Toro Y Moi, Washed Out) and so many new genres (Chillwave, Witch-house, Glitch-hop, etc. ) are completely inspired by hip-hop culture. The blog world really flipped out when all of these new sample-based projects started emerging. It was so refreshing to hear these sounds, lazy drum-machine beats, pitch-shifted vocals, funky samples, etc. These new projects really started experimenting and the result was a brand new genre that would really get the buzz going. By the end of summer 2k9, everyone started talking about the loosely controversial genre Chillwave . You may despise the name or you may think the whole thing is just cheesy, but there is no denying it is one the biggest shifts in music/pop culture.

I love all of the music coming from the new generations, but it seems odd that new hip-hop music and new indie music cant be in one blog world. The hip-hop blogs and indie blogs stay in their separate corners and never mix. Why is this? Why is there a lack of coverage on new hip-hop? What can we do to change this?

My idea was to compile an all exclusive mix of some of my favorite artists doing covers/remixes/interpretations of different hip-hop and r&b songs. The idea was something that I never thought could be possible, but Ive spent the last two months corresponding with many different artists, trying to make this project come alive. It is finally done and it is finally here. The end result is a very eclectic mix filled with covers, remixes, and two original hip-hop style recordings.

I want to give a special thanks to all of the artists who contributed to this mix! I have so much love for each and every one of you.

Download Here

Tracklist:

1. Mickey Brown- The Choice Is Yours (Black Sheep)

2. Wonder Bear- Running Back (Gucci Mane)

3. Roads and Boats- Still DRE (Dr.Dre/Snoop Dogg)

4. High Heels (aka Natures Kid)- kUbrick freestyle (Original recording)

5. Petersen- Someone To Call My Lover (Janet Jackson cover)

6. Guerre- Scared Money (Saul Williams cover)

7. Ra Cailum- Left Me (Original recording)

8. Collarbones- Cater 2 U (Destinys Child cover)

9. The Townhouses- Faithful (Common)

10. Galapagos- See U Purple Times Are Changing (Prince)

Please create a playlist on iTunes or whatever medium you use for digital music and drop the mix in there. Its in a particular order for a reason!

This will be an end to the Open Minds mixtape series, but the beginning of many new projects to come! Download volume one and two if you havent already.

Lets keep the spirit of hip-hop alive.

(This mix is dedicated to my mother and my sister, Marcia and Amanda Andere.)
lol, another reason hipster music shits on dubstep -- these niggaz actually acknowledge the foundations of their music....swag
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:04 AM   #2974
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:44 AM   #2975
narc
narc was a crack baby

narc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killanarc shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
lol, another reason hipster music shits on dubstep -- these niggaz actually acknowledge the foundations of their music....swag
Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #2976
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Alcatraz is killing the sound shack with his pretentious and superficial view of trendy music.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #2977
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i don't know, not trying to be a cunt, but most self proclaimed "hipsters" will say "yeah, i love hip hop, i grew up on that shit" and then be able to name roughly 2 tracks. either by sugar hill gang or a tribe called quest.

maybe the roots.

doubt they'd be playing this in the cypher.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #2978
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.mediafire.com/?hnyzynntv2j

http://www.mediafire.com/?nj2mgzyz0wm

there's this FUR track called 'Swymnastyx', it's good.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 01-10-2011 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:42 PM   #2979
THE MASON
Winter is Coming

THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)THE MASON King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

john Coltrane's Lush Life
THE MASON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:00 PM   #2980
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Giles is my favourite drummer ever!
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #2981
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID
Alcatraz is killing the sound shack
hey sid remember that time i posted that raw ass mixtape and then for some odd reason a week later you popped up with one as well? i start trends nigga, stay in yo lane
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #2982
EAGLE EYE
0110111101110000011001010111001001100001011101000110100101101111011011100010000001100111011101010110100101101100011011000110111101110100011010010110111001100101

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 AM   #2983
Longbongcilvaringz

Old 01-12-2011, 06:31 AM   #2984
Longbongcilvaringz

"What I've done is taken the snare and pitched it down a lot so it's more like an explosion"

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?1263

Old 01-12-2011, 06:24 PM   #2985
Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
Wu Tang Clam

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ol' Dirty Trixˣ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Listen to Jay-z's last album, it's all there.

Decipher, son.

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ is offline   Reply With Quote