news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 03-07-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Notorious BIG Biopic Have Found Their Biggie.

Notorious, the long-planned biopic of slain hip-hop megastar Notorious B.I.G. has found its star. The Fox Searchlight movie project will now move forward with a 2009 big-screen debut set.

The film, which tells the life story of the late rap icon whose real name was Christopher Wallace, will start shooting on March 24 with a January 16, 2009 release planned.

The production has been looking for the right actor to portray B.I.G. for a year now. Their worldwide search recently came to an end with unknown Jamal Woolard, a Brooklyn native, landing the role. Woolard will star alongside actress Angela Bassett, who plays Voletta Wallace, B.I.G.'s mother.

- Fox Searchlight

Actor Jamal Woolard will play B.I.G.

Derek Luke will play Sean Combs in the movie -- the real-life Diddy is one of the producers. Anthony Mackie is set to portray Tupac Shakur. Notorious also stars up and coming actors Antonique Smith, Naturi Naughton, Dennis White and Julia Pace Mitchell.

Director George Tillman Jr. will shoot the movie in and around the five boroughs of New York.

Voletta Wallace, who is producing the movie, released this statement: "Finding B.I.G. was a task in itself and I'm honored that so many young men came out to audition for the role. However, it was Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile that won my heart. He is a talented and charismatic actor and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to the big screen."

The Notorious B.I.G. rose from the streets of Brooklyn to become one of the most influential hip hop artists of all time. B.I.G. was a gifted storyteller; his narratives about violent life on the streets were told with a gritty, objective realism that won him enormous respect and credibility. B.I.G. became heavily involved in the East Coast-West Coast rap rivalry. On March 9, 1997, he was killed by an unknown assailant in a drive-by shooting in Los Angeles.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
crust
[S.F.T.D.]

crust drunken mastacrust drunken mastacrust drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to crust

i seriously cant wait to see how this shit will turn out. i hope they dont fuck it up. sounds like its going to be dope. the dude playing BIGGIE better bring his best shit to the table. its gunna be a tuff role to take on....

good lookin TAURO.

www.myspace.com/crustfacekillah
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
LuckyTheWonderDog
Peace to the god(zilla)

LuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venomsLuckyTheWonderDog five deadly venoms

I'm interested to see how this works. Problem with portraying Biggie is that he had such a natural energy and charisma, that it's gonna be hard to come off the same.

Mackie is pretty good casting as Tupac though.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 03-07-2008 at 04:37 AM.
LuckyTheWonderDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #4
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

Damn, he looks just like Biggie.
I'm really lookin' forward to this movie.
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:28 AM   #5
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I only wanna hear any similarity between his and Biggies voice.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i dont know about this considering the man has no experience in acting...ill just wait and see

astro eden"- the new album,get it here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbnrft
RADIOACTIVE MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #7
The Hound
Fuck the King

The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)The Hound Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

of all the established actors in the world i reckon only will smith could pull off playing biggie ... too bad will smith would need to put on a shit load of weight
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTLACED View Post
I say nigga and i'm white
The Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:58 PM   #8
crust
[S.F.T.D.]

crust drunken mastacrust drunken mastacrust drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to crust

FUCK will smith!!!

why would you want a white dude with black skin to play the best new york hip hop artist of all time? haha. nah!!! sorry dude i can stand will smith.

www.myspace.com/crustfacekillah

Last edited by crust; 03-07-2008 at 01:20 PM.
crust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #9
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveyard_shifter View Post
i dont know about this considering the man has no experience in acting...ill just wait and see
Who says he has no acting experience?

Method Man
Old 03-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #10
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)RADIOACTIVE MAN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats gravy the rapper,aint it?

Old 03-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #11
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
thats gravy the rapper,aint it?

Quote:
Actor Jamal Woolard will play B.I.G.
This is what it says.

Method Man
Old 03-07-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
RADIOACTIVE MAN
Alphomega man

http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2359

Brooklyn rapper Gravy aka Jamal Woolard, has landed the role of the Notorious B.I.G in the upcoming Fox Searchlight movie "Notorious."

Gravy is best know for his work in the New York mixtape circuit. He also gained notoriety when he was shot in the buttocks before a Hot 97 interview, then continuing to go through with the interview. The one time Warner Bros. Records artist beat out hundreds of others for the part.

The movie is being directed by George Tillman Jr. (Soul Food), and will being shooting this month and is slated for a January release.

Derek Luke has been cast as Sean "Puffy" Combs, Anthony Mackie will play Tupac Shakur, while Angela Bassett will take on the role of Biggie's mother, Voletta Wallace.

Voletta Wallace spoke on the casting of Gravy, citing:

"Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile," as reasons why he was casted. "He is a talented and charismatic actor, and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to life." she said.

P.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #13
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I like Derek Luke, Anthony Mackie, Angela Bassett so i'll be checking out this movie. That dude that's gonna play Biggie kinda looks like him.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #14
Bg_Knocc_Out
Mayonase

Bg_Knocc_Out crouching tigerBg_Knocc_Out crouching tiger
Send a message via AIM to Bg_Knocc_Out

It woulda been great if they used Guerilla Black, but he's not exactly an actor.
Bg_Knocc_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #15
TAURO
El Don of this shit

Quote:
http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=2359

Brooklyn rapper Gravy aka Jamal Woolard, has landed the role of the Notorious B.I.G in the upcoming Fox Searchlight movie "Notorious."

Gravy is best know for his work in the New York mixtape circuit. He also gained notoriety when he was shot in the buttocks before a Hot 97 interview, then continuing to go through with the interview. The one time Warner Bros. Records artist beat out hundreds of others for the part.

The movie is being directed by George Tillman Jr. (Soul Food), and will being shooting this month and is slated for a January release.

Derek Luke has been cast as Sean "Puffy" Combs, Anthony Mackie will play Tupac Shakur, while Angela Bassett will take on the role of Biggie's mother, Voletta Wallace.

Voletta Wallace spoke on the casting of Gravy, citing:

"Jamal's charming personality, warm spirit, wonderful sense of humor and beautiful smile," as reasons why he was casted. "He is a talented and charismatic actor, and I am excited that he will bring Christopher's character to life." she said.

P.

I've never heard of him but I suppose he does have the look down and I just hope the flick makes good.

Method Man