news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-06-2008, 07:49 AM   #1
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default lucid dreams and dreaming

lately once i have quit smoking weed my dreams have become more real and i have experienced more things than ever that i have never experienced before, floating/flying, area's of my town i frequently visit, girls i realy like, work, fighting (sometimes i cant punch people i need/want to punch) etc. etc. also i have noticed when i drink alcohol my dreams are a bit more jumpy and wierd.

dreams realy interest me and lately more than ever i have wanted to control or realize im dreaming so i can control them, my mate (big pothead) always knows he is dreaming and can shape them the way he wants, he flys around, does stuff he wants to do.

whats your dreams like ? can you control them ? what would you like to do. share your stories, im starting a dream diary tonight.

here are some interesting video's i found - your dream master. Fredy, Krueger Warrior. PEACE.

750 REBELS - australia's best

NIGHT MAYOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
Supreme-NRT
Hip-Hop infested Mind

Supreme-NRT shaolin monk
Send a message via Skype™ to Supreme-NRT

I have that thing too, I want to punch the crap outta someone but I just cant. I either cant move my arms, or I miss everytime. Its annoying as hell !
Supreme-NRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i have this thing where i cant do a flip, like ill need to do a flip for some reason, but i bust into a revolution and i either just continue indefinitely or i hit the same spot and stop and start again like a replay.

not being able to perform a somersault is very frustrating.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #4
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

When Im playing basketball in my dreams, sometimes I cant dribble. I keep losing control of it.
Olive Oil Goombah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)NIGHT MAYOR Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta Death View Post
I have that thing too, I want to punch the crap outta someone but I just cant. I either cant move my arms, or I miss everytime. Its annoying as hell !
be honest are you looked at by other people as a tough kinda guy that could beat up alot of people in your life ? i have a feeling this is a way to let your brain get use to the idea that you may loose sometimes

its wierd, sometimes i actualy do mess some dude up, i remember a few nights ago i dropped someone to his knees then knee'd him in the chin knocking him out (i was like "oooOOOooo" even in the dream)

its frustrating as hell when you cant hit someone, because all the time they are asking for it, its not like i walk around in my dream picking on people.

keep the stories comming.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Bateman View Post
i have this thing where i cant do a flip, like ill need to do a flip for some reason, but i bust into a revolution and i either just continue indefinitely or i hit the same spot and stop and start again like a replay.

not being able to perform a somersault is very frustrating.
yeah jumping in dreams doesnt work right, like light switches and electrical equipment, if you jump you normaly fly or float, last night i got into an elevator (going up) and just started to fly upwards - REALY FAST, could feel my heart beating faster, realized it was a dream and woke up 20-25minutes before i should have.

thats the trick to lucid dreaming, realizing but not waking.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyTooch View Post
When Im playing basketball in my dreams, sometimes I cant dribble. I keep losing control of it.
you play ball alot ? like in real life ?

Old 03-06-2008, 03:16 PM   #8
shaolinsword
Veteran Member

shaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal sonshaolinsword prodigal son
Send a message via MSN to shaolinsword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy Mech View Post
be honest are you looked at by other people as a tough kinda guy that could beat up alot of people in your life ? i have a feeling this is a way to let your brain get use to the idea that you may loose sometimes
All dreams are sub-conscious so I reckon it's more that you have a hectic life and your sub-conscience wants a relaxed one

All of my dreams -that I can remember- seem to have white doves in them for some reason

Last edited by shaolinsword; 03-06-2008 at 03:18 PM.
shaolinsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #9
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

more on lucid dreaming.
this guys has the best points, pay attention.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:42 AM   #10
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

alright for those who cant/wont watch videos i have some pointers for you to start realizing and holding onto your dreams, this will also cement these idea's into my head for typing/writing stuff helps you remember, even if you loose the paper or whatever.

#1 - start a dream journal, reason being is after you have alot of dreams recorded you can start identifying dream signs, these are things that make you realize your dreaming, they will happen to you on a regular basis depending on your own personal experiences. Universal dream signs are things like - cant run from something you need to run from, cant scream for help, i talked about not being able to punch/hit someone, time jumps - things change quickly, then you will have personal dream signs.

personal dream signs will happen to you like universal dream signs but only you will have them, one of mine is being at work but everything is diffrent, like i havent been there before but i know im at work, im with my work mates, boss is around, shits happening like work.

after you can spot your personal dream signs write them down in the back of your dream journal and recite them before you go to bed (always continue your dream journal it comes in handy later on when your experienced) if you keep telling yourself these things only happen in dreams after a while when they happen in dreams you will realize your dreaming, it may wake you up at first but thats how you begin to learn to control your dreams.

#2 you have to be realy serious on this idea to follow it thru. you need to start reality checking thru normal day life, alot! personaly i have started looking at my hands every hour or two, in dreams hands appear distorted and un-real, not normal. dont worry about that yet but what you need to do is thru the day, look at your hands, see if they look real, realy question reality and think "am i dreaming". the reason being is that if your brain is doing this all the time it will start doing it in dreams. there are other things you can do that are not as obvious to other people, like asking what have i done the last ten minutes, where am i do i know this area, look around. if you do this in your dreams you will notice "this is a diffrent place i dont know". another is to block your nose and try to breath with your mouth shut, in dreams you can breath, real life you wont be able to breath.

#3 have stable sleep, dont sleep when drunk or stoned, like i said earlier i havent dreamed properly for years because of my weed habits (i dont believe im addicted to any drugs, but drugs affect people differently, i cant decide when or what to stop like last year i did'nt drink, this year im back on it but not smoking weed or tobacco) i notice when im drinking before i got to bed my dreams are wild and unpredictable and i can see this will be a problem when trying to achieve control in dreams, i also notice i remember dreams more in the mourning (when im sober) but my sober mates have 3 to 4 dreams a night waking up for short periods between sometimes.

if you wake up and cant remember your dream, dont wake up and get dressed for work and watch t.v. have a coffee, etc. etc. lay in bed for a few more moments and close your eyes, sometimes the events of the dream will come to you, and little bits remind you of other bits, anothing thing is to have your dream journal ready at hand so you can write down everything straight away. you dont want to waste time out of bed forgetting your dreams - ALSO if you wake up in the middle of the night and have every part of your dream in your head dont sit up for hours writting them all down, make some major points on what happend and in the mourning reading them should remind you of what the original dream was about (you may have another set of dreams when you get to bed again)

thats it for now, im gunna keep on adding to this thread and keep you up to date with my progress, PEACE.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #11
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

so for starters im try'n to realize when im dreaming, even if i wake up in the progress (like last night) i need to know in my dreams i am dreaming

Old 03-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #12
Supreme-NRT
Hip-Hop infested Mind

Supreme-NRT shaolin monk
Send a message via Skype™ to Supreme-NRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredy Mech View Post

its wierd, sometimes i actualy do mess some dude up, i remember a few nights ago i dropped someone to his knees then knee'd him in the chin knocking him out (i was like "oooOOOooo" even in the dream)

its frustrating as hell when you cant hit someone, because all the time they are asking for it, its not like i walk around in my dream picking on people.

keep the stories comming.
The thing is, I can always fight when im using tools (eg. Stabbing with a knife, using a gun, a bat) but when it comes to hand on hand combat 95% of the times I fail.
Supreme-NRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #13
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

alright so lately i have had dreams where i have realized im dreaming, but as soon as i remember i forget. or i think about it too long and then the dream ends. shits mad hard but im getting better so im going to keep at it, did'nt dream at all over the easter weekend but tis all good, had a fucking wierd few the last couple of nights.

Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 AM   #14
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is interesting.

sometimes if i wake up in the morning in the middle of a dream, turn the alrm clock off, and then sleep again, im conscious that im having a dream but i go along with it and sometimes have control.

although its not the same intensity as if i was having a dream in the middle of the night, but i am still asleep.

hard to explain.

i frequently dont remember my dreams, but we all have 3-4 dreams a night.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 01:53 AM   #15
NIGHT MAYOR
tha VIKING gawd

yeah - ever had sleep paralysis ? i've had it like twice, your awake but your body is'nt! it comes on when your body thinks your still asleep, when your in deap sleep your body paralysis's itself so you dont act out your dreams in the waking world. so your brain is awake but you cant move.

i remember the first time i had it i could hear a girls voice outside my window (sometimes you see/hear stuff) but i could'nt open my eyes or talk, i thort it was one of my girls but i could'nt do shit! i remember whimpering and trying to move but it was impossible, i had herd of it before but untill you experience it you dont understand the power of it, so yeah i remembered the best way to get out of it was wiggling your fingers, then your arm then your body (also works with your feet)