news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

View Poll Results: Who is the Lyrical Lion?
Gza 17 85.00%
K-Rino 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
mikeatris
CHICKEN HEAD

mikeatris grasshopper
Default Last man standing, K-Rino vs Gza?

This is a great one for the rap heads. I will give my opinion later on but please elaborate.
mikeatris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #2
venex
aka PROFIT

venex drunken mastavenex drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to venex

GZA...

you really got to keep listening to K-rino songs to the end, because the ending mostly explains lot...

GZA drops more bombs

idk, but i only got those story telling (it ain't always story telling, but you know what i mean) joints by K-rino.. I like him though
En garde, I'll let you try my wu-tang style...
venex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Location: I don't live with my mum, my mum lives with me, biatch
John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

gza by a lot. k rinos lyrics sound 2 rushed and hes got lots of filler lines
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
I'm 37 years old, three years away from being 40. I'm getting old but I still feel young. I've had a few people tell me that I look young when I tell them how old iam.

John Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

k-rino is good, but gza got better mic presence, flows and overall bars. gza's shit is deep yet comprehensible.
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:20 AM   #5
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

GZA, but K-Rino in an elite class where only about 2 or 3 MCs are on his level lyrically. K-Rino is a better lyricist than most of the people you'd usually put into your top 10 favorite MCs list.

"The day Buddha was born it rained tea instead of water" - Warcloud
hide1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #6
Fatal Guillotine
Veteran Member

Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Fatal Guillotine Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^dont know if yall are aware but K-rino was actually a battle rapper. i think if they were to battle K-rino would have to dumb his lyrics down. sometime less is more
Old 06-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #7
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

John Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal sonJohn Nash prodigal son

these rappers kinda got different styles tho. i think a better match up would b gza vs one be lo or gza vs j live or k rino vs inspectah deck (i know people may think deck and k rino arent similiar at all but i think their bragging styles r very similiar. its usually multies and similes and trying to word stuff to make it sound sick)
at least you fuckin an animal you are giving it pleasure instead of giving it pain.....better karma for you......
Quote:
I'm 37 years old, three years away from being 40. I'm getting old but I still feel young. I've had a few people tell me that I look young when I tell them how old iam.

Old 06-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #8
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
these rappers kinda got different styles tho
They're completely different actually, which is just one good reason why there's no point in comparing them.

They're probably the 2 best writers in hip hop. I see no need to pick one over the other.

And of course everybody on here is just gonna vote for Gza. I can assure you that of the 12 people who have voted for him so far probably less than half even know who K-Rino is, and the few who do know him have probably only heard a small handful of his verses.
noel411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #9
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
They're completely different actually, which is just one good reason why there's no point in comparing them.

They're probably the 2 best writers in hip hop. I see no need to pick one over the other.

And of course everybody on here is just gonna vote for Gza. I can assure you that of the 12 people who have voted for him so far probably less than half even know who K-Rino is, and the few who do know him have probably only heard a small handful of his verses.
yeah ok thats a good point. ive heard lots of his stuff. i think gzas a lot better. i also think one be lo aceyalone gift of gab j live and nas (in his prime) r better lyricists than him
Quote:

Old 06-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #10
hide1998
超黒人

hide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal sonhide1998 prodigal son

Quote:
yeah ok thats a good point. ive heard lots of his stuff. i think gzas a lot better. i also think one be lo aceyalone gift of gab j live and nas (in his prime) r better lyricists than him
Nas probably is a better writer (barely) but none of the others are (Gift of Gab has been in my top 10 MCs for about 10 years, and I still don't think he is a better lyricist than K-Rino). Apart from GZA and Nas, no one mentioned in this thread is touching K-Rino's pen game. Even wth repeat listens I'm blown away with K-Rino's lyrics in his albums.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:47 PM   #11
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
Nas probably is a better writer (barely) but none of the others are (Gift of Gab has been in my top 10 MCs for about 10 years, and I still don't think he is a better lyricist than K-Rino). Apart from GZA and Nas, no one mentioned in this thread is touching K-Rino's pen game. Even wth repeat listens I'm blown away with K-Rino's lyrics in his albums.
nah i dont think so. lots of times k rino uses big words and such to make his lyrics look clever but on further inspection im not usually that impressed. hes got lots and lots of filler lines. like look at oblivion scroll he says 'I got a pianist who plays keys on 23 planets' that line isnt even connected to any other lines and its kinda stupid randomly mentioning ur pianist on different planets. even 1 of his best songs 'forensics' has quite a lot filler lines and forced multies and sometimes a bit nonsensical. hes got quite a lot of quotable lines but usually theres lots of filler. i find those other rappers 2 have more consistent lyrics in their songs
Quote:

Old 06-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #12
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

how are they filler lines?
i think when you get a bit older you'll start to understand and respect K Rino's ability more..

years ago i would of said Gza no doubt,but now its K-rino without a doubt.
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:13 PM   #13
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Cee View Post
how are they filler lines?
i think when you get a bit older you'll start to understand and respect K Rino's ability more..

years ago i would of said Gza no doubt,but now its K-rino without a doubt.
cuz theyre just mediocre lines used 2 fill out a song. look at canibus 1000 bars for lots of filler lines. ive listened 2 k rino properly for 2 months and i used to like him a lot but not so much anymore. i think he looks gr8 on the surface but when u break his stuff down he just isnt as good.

a good example of this is '2 sides to a story' everyone says its amazing cuz hes telling 2 stories at the same time but when u break it down u see that the 2 stories arent even connected. even the rhyme schemes r different. its like if i take 'niggas bleed' and 'me and my bitch' and tell 2 stories at the same time and write

'When I met you I admit my first thoughts was to trick
"Today's agenda, got the suitcase up in the Sentra
You look so good huh, I suck on your daddy's dick
Go to room 112, tell them Blanco sent ya
I never felt that way in my life
Feel the strangest, if no money exchanges
It didn't take long before I made you my wife
I got these kids in Ranges, to leave them niggas brainless
Got no rings and shit, just my main squeeze
All they tote is stainless, you just remain as
Comin' the crib, even had a set a keys
Calm as possible, make the deal go through'

suddenly it doesnt seem gr8 now. when i first heard it i thought it was most lyrical thing ever but then i studied and realised its nothing special. even the 2 stories he told werent special.

hes still a very good lyricist and i think top 10 but i also think theres others who r definitely better
Quote:

Old 06-04-2012, 03:19 PM   #14
hide1998
超黒人

Quote:
nah i dont think so. lots of times k rino uses big words and such to make his lyrics look clever but on further inspection im not usually that impressed. hes got lots and lots of filler lines. like look at oblivion scroll he says 'I got a pianist who plays keys on 23 planets' that line isnt even connected to any other lines and its kinda stupid randomly mentioning ur pianist on different planets. even 1 of his best songs 'forensics' has quite a lot filler lines and forced multies and sometimes a bit nonsensical. hes got quite a lot of quotable lines but usually theres lots of filler. i find those other rappers 2 have more consistent lyrics in their songs
We'll have to agree to disagree. I can't think of more than 4 better lyricists better.

Old 06-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #15
John Nash
supreme maths GOD degree

Quote:
Originally Posted by hide1998 View Post
We'll have to agree to disagree. I can't think of more than 4 better lyricists better.
ok
Quote: